xishancx
Andrew556

Unorganized prostitution should be legal worldwide

xishancx

xishancx

Pro

Let us first understand what prostitution is. Prostitution can be referred to as an exchange of sexual acts for cash.
Why is this banned in most countries? Because of the age-old moral strictness, prostitution is still not lawful in many countries. Organized prostitution can be dangerous and it has a high chance of promoting crime. Organized prostitution is a form of crime in which the crime takes place in a systematic way and leads to formation of brothels and other illegal facilities. It also has a chance of rapid booming, leading to rapid rise in crime.

Let us begin with understanding that unorganized crime not only has the consent of both parties involved but also ensures that it doesn't grab a lot of attention in a way that children or other parties may realize the occurrence of such events. No one is harmed, everyone is happy.

Let us discuss its effects on the general satisfaction of a human and the decline of rapes such an act will cause. A person will now be able to relieve his sexual frustrations in a positive manner. This way both parties get what they want and everyone is happy.

In the uprising of LGBT movements, we have all observed a positive response from all, worldwide. It has pushed us onto a path of clearing one's stuck-up ideals and the realization of logic and morals in a whole new way.

It is high time that we set behind our old moral rigidity and move forward to a domain of logical freedom and a new set of morals that are not only ethical but promoting general peace and welfare for all.

This will help in decreasing pseudo-relationships or relationships which are only created for name-sake, i.e., created by many just for the purpose of tricking the other into a relationship just to have sex with no further motive of emotional bonding or togetherness. Such people will not require to partake in such immoral methods, thus leading to a general honest society where all can engage in true loving relationships.
This will also decrease pseudo-marriages and suicides that take place because of such fake bonding.

Such prostitution, under proper supervision from the vigilant government will not allow any unlawful activities. With stringent supervision, this law can benefit all and reduce crime tremendously.

Let us also understand how it affects the preexisting organized and unorganized prostitution.
Unorganized prostitution will finally be legalized and women and men in urgent need of money can earn quick money. Poverty stricken individuals will have means to bypass their poverty-stricken state and lead healthy lives.

Organized prostitution will decline. Those stuck up in organized and dangerous institutions will no longer feel the need to be constraint by the strings of such a dangerous element. They will be independent and this will tremendously decrease their involvement in such spheres.

Also, it is a common understanding that such unorganized crime will have some sort of interaction with the preexisting organized one. With adequate police deployment and proper supervision, whenever organized prostitution will try to encroach upon unorganized entities, police will take immediate action and bust such harmful entities.
Thus leading to further decline of the preexisting organized crime. It will make it far less profitable, increase risks involved and thus, destroy this industry. This has a great chance of eradicating organized prostitution and thus, human trafficking.

Taking note of its sensitive background, police will definitely be vigilant and alert and act effectively. With proper and strong implementation, this will shape a more beautiful and functional society.
It will lead to an era of a more peaceful society which will be more lawful, honest, pro-logic and open-minded.
Andrew556

Con

I would like to firs thank my opponent for posting this debate.

I am happy to accept argue for the 'CON' in this debate.

There are 3 main points that you make that I would like to contest in this round.

'Let us discuss its effects on the general satisfaction of a human and the decline of rapes such an act will cause. A person will now be able to relieve his sexual frustrations in a positive manner. This way both parties get what they want and everyone is happy.'

This statement is an argument based on presentation of zero evidence. It is wrong to assert this.

'It is high time that we set behind our old moral rigidity and move forward to a domain of logical freedom and a new set of morals that are not only ethical but promoting general peace and welfare for all.'

Completely agree with this statement on its own.

'This will help in decreasing pseudo-relationships or relationships which are only created for name-sake, i.e., created by many just for the purpose of tricking the other into a relationship just to have sex with no further motive of emotional bonding or togetherness. Such people will not require to partake in such immoral methods, thus leading to a general honest society where all can engage in true loving relationships.
This will also decrease pseudo-marriages and suicides that take place because of such fake bonding.'

Again, wrong to assert something like this. I would like to also note that I don't think this would be a very good argument. It is a completely different area of sociology. To assert that someone that wants a relationship for sexual relations would AUTOMATICALLY be morally capable of rape is a disgusting comment. I am certain that there are people in the world that have gone for a certain partner purely for sexual relations with that person. It is not an immoral thing to do in most cases.

I will settle my frsit round there. Thank you, the next round will be fun.
xishancx

Pro

Thank you for your response. I am excited to have you as my opponent for this debate.
I will be providing sources to back my points as well as two more points in favor of my side of the debate.

'This statement is an argument based on presentation of zero evidence. It is wrong to assert this.'

Let us consider the case of rhode island, where the effects of such a measure have actually proved to reduce rape.

Link for the analysed data by the NBER for the same: http://www.nber.org...

'Again, wrong to assert something like this. I would like to also note that I don't think this would be a very good argument. It is a completely different area of sociology. '

I would like to elaborate. Almost all sexual acts in conservative countries are looked down upon. Girls would only open their legs to those who they truly trust and love.
How would a person desperate for sex react to such a situation? There would be a few but significant number of guys who would act selfish under these circumstances and would even fool the girl into thoughts of fairy-tale love just to have sex. How will the girl react after she gets dumped after his needs have been met?
This girl, who is madly obsessed with such an undeserving guy will have to bear the burden of losing her virginity which will cause her problems in marriage and might even compel her to commit suicide. Such cases are more frequent than one could think of.
Similarly for married women, the husband should not cheat on his wife if provided a chance. That is loyalty.
The husband who would cheat because he got an opportunity to have sex does not deserve the love of his wife. Such a marriage is pointless and against the general code of marriage. Husbands who are true to their wives would never cheat, even when they are presented with an opportunity to do so. Thus, by logic and a little application of common sense, it is safe to say that prostitution promotes true relationships.

' I am certain that there are people in the world that have gone for a certain partner purely for sexual relations with that person. It is not an immoral thing to do in most cases'

Sir, when the victim is unaware of the ulterior motives of the other party, it is a very immoral act. This can destroy someone's life and should be taken very seriously. Such an act not only involves trickery and manipulation but depicts the general ideology of an immature unempathetic persona.

'To assert that someone that wants a relationship for sexual relations would AUTOMATICALLY be morally capable of rape is a disgusting comment. '
I don't understand how my statement implies this.

****

Also, I would like to utilize this round to add a point given by me related to human trafficking.
Legalisation of prostitution will lead to increase in human trafficking because of the disadvantages posed by organized prostitution.
However, unorganized prostitution should reduce human trafficking because everyone would then opt. for a legal prostitute over an illegal one. Thus, shutting down a major aspect of human trafficking.
This is a futuristic model which can be logically assumed valid.

Now, I would like to focus on how legalised unorganized prostitution can reduce STDs.
With government involvement, we can save a lot of people from infectious diseases by regular testing of prostitutes and systematizing the whole prostitution sphere. Prostitutes would be productive for the nation, they would be taxed and would gain a place in the society. This will also lead to a better working environment for them.

All the best for this round.

Andrew556

Con

Andrew556 forfeited this round.
Posted by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
Well you missed the point, seeing as me revealing what i saw was week would help the debate i will, then ima critique the heck outa neg...

Aff, get evidence ASAP, If neg had used it you would be screwed

neg, you missed points and didnt use evidence, there are clear flaws that were left out and you even agreed to a certain point.

sad sad round so far
Posted by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
Someone should challenge, easy win, you just have to know where he is weak, and its apparent if you read his statement
Vote Placed by daem0n 2 years ago
daem0n
xishancxAndrew556Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con presents no reasons to keep prostitution illegal, and Pro argues legalization would reduce human trafficking, which Con does not refute. Con forfeits, and Pro is the only one who cites any sources.