Tminusfour20
StalinIncarnate

Unvaccinated children should be home-schooled

Tminusfour20

Pro

Although it is ultimately up to the parents on whether they wish to vaccinate thier kids, I think it breaks a social contract to exclude your child from vaccination and place them into an environment that may put your child and other children at risk. Vaccinations have proved to be more good than harm children and if you decide to to not vaccinate you should not be able to enter your child into a school that requires vacvcinations as a standard.

This is not to say that not vaccinating isn't a right parent have, but that right should have consequences. Those children should not be intergrated with others in order to avoid reversing our progress against nearly eradicated diseases.

StalinIncarnate

Con

We need to Weigh the Cost the Child Receiving a Possible "Illness" from remaining unvaccinated, against the Premise that they would be denied a Basic education.

CONTENTION 1. Children Being Denied a Basic Education

Vaccination is no prerequisite to anything. Regardless of Age, ethnicity, social and economic background, children should have the right to attend School. According to many Constitutional and Laws Globally, this would infringe on the Act of Liberty, and Free will, in accordance with the First Amendment of the US constitution.(1)

CONTENTION 2. Denial of Free will

As stated Above, this would infringe on the act of Free will, a Basic right that all Humans should have, regardless.

REFUTATIONS

"Although it is ultimately up to the parents on whether they wish to vaccinate thier kids, I think it breaks a social contract to exclude your child from vaccination and place them into an environment that may put your child and other children at risk."

What Social Contract do you speak of, I've never heard of it. For whatever reasons an individual has, be it religious or Moral, they have the right to NOT have there children vaccinated.

"Vaccinations have proved to be more good than harm children and if you decide to to not vaccinate you should not be able to enter your child into a school that requires vacvcinations as a standard."

No Schools require children to be vaccinated, as of saying this. Vaccinations are very effective, and carry little side effects, but as stated, people have the right to not vaccinate there child.

"This is not to say that not vaccinating isn't a right parent have, but that right should have consequences. Those children should not be intergrated with others in order to avoid reversing our progress against nearly eradicated diseases."

What Studies do you have the Say not vaccinating your child "Reverses" our progress against nearly eradicated diseases? That sounds completely made up. You make another Statement based on opinion, rather then fact. "

"Those children should not be intergrated with others"

That's not for you to decide. You may or may not Vaccinate your child, if you have one, but Making decisions for others is Unjust, and Unconstitutional.

(1)(http://www.google.ca...)
Tminusfour20

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate. I would like to clarify my viewpoint. I believe that parents have the right to vaccinate or not vaccinate their children. I also believe that those parents who decide not to vaccinate their children, should not be denied an education but should be denied the ability to integrate their children into the public school system. That being said there are other methods of learning and accessing a proper education outside of public school also this debate is nothing more than hypothetical scenario for me. I will further support my points below.

Contention 1: The Constitution makes no mention of education reserving it as a right given on the state level, See the 10th amendment. The state ultimately has the power over educational institution and ultimately makes all the laws. There is a universal right to an education but there is no universal right to attend any specific public education institution. This would not infringe upon the free will of an individual at all seeing as they have the right to vaccinate or not vaccinate, but access to state regulated public schools can be restricted for good reason without infringing on rights or being unlawful. (students who have been expelled). (1)

Contention 2: See my above point. No free wills are being broken here.

"What Social Contract do you speak of, I've never heard of it. For whatever reasons an individual has, be it religious or Moral, they have the right to NOT have there children vaccinated."

By Social Contract I mean parents typically know better than to send a sick child to school because their child could infect the others. Children contract viruses and diseases from each other at school all the time. Vaccinated children are still capable of spreading diseases to the unaffected, leaving them at a very high risk and allowing that child to be a powerful vehicle for the disease. (2)

"No Schools require children to be vaccinated, as of saying this. Vaccinations are very effective, and carry little side effects, but as stated, people have the right to not vaccinate there child."

That is a bold statement, the CDC says otherwise: "No federal vaccination laws exist, but all 50 states require certain vaccinations for children entering public schools. Depending on the state, children must be vaccinated against some or all of the following diseases: mumps, measles, rubella, diphtheria, partisans, tetanus, and polio." (3)

"What Studies do you have the Say not vaccinating your child "Reverses" our progress against nearly eradicated diseases That sounds completely made up. You make another Statement based on opinion, rather then fact. "

Measles was declared eliminated in the US by 2000 and its recent comeback can be attributed to the growing population of unaffected children. This is a reference to a CDC study supporting my point.

"Sporadic importations of measles into the United States have occurred since the disease was declared eliminated from the United States in 2000 (1). During January--July 2008, 131 measles cases were reported to CDC, compared with an average of 63 cases per year during 2000--2007.* This report updates an earlier reporton measles in the United States during 2008 (2) and summarizes two recent U.S outbreaks among unaffected school-aged children. Among those measles cases reported during the first 7 months of 2008, 76% were in persons aged <20 years, and 91% were in persons who were unaffected or of unknown vaccination status. Of the 131 cases, 89% were imported from or associated with importations from other countries, particularly countries in Europe, where several outbreaks are ongoing (3,4). The findings demonstrate that measles outbreaks can occur in communities with a high number of unaffected persons and that maintaining high overall measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccination coverage rates in the United States is needed to continue to limit the spread of measles." (4)

"That's not for you to decide. You may or may not Vaccinate your child, if you have one, but Making decisions for others is Unjust, and Unconstitutional."

This is irrelevant to my argument. Back to you!

1) http://www.departments.bucknell.edu...

2) http://www.westonaprice.org... \

3 ) http://www.cdc.gov...

4) http://www.cdc.gov...

StalinIncarnate

Con

"That being said there are other methods of learning and accessing a proper education outside of public school also this debate is nothing more than hypothetical scenario for me. I will further support my points below."

Public School is the Most widely accessed form of Education in America(1)(2), so I don't take it Lightly that it's a "Hypothetical" Scenario.

"Contention 1: The Constitution makes no mention of education reserving it as a right given on the state level, See the 10th amendment. The state ultimately has the power over educational institution and ultimately makes all the laws. There is a universal right to an education but there is no universal right to attend any specific public education institution. This would not infringe upon the free will of an individual at all seeing as they have the right to vaccinate or not vaccinate, but access to state regulated public schools can be restricted for good reason without infringing on rights or being unlawful. (students who have been expelled). (1)"

Pro, You are Correct when you say the State "has the power over educational institution and ultimately makes all the laws".

The State has the Power to Deny Welfare.
The State has the Power to deny Financial Assistance
The State has the Power to Evict, Control, and Abuse Private Property

I don't think that Justifies the notion of the Denial of Education.

"Contention 2: See my above point. No free wills are being broken here."

See the Link I provided.

"By Social Contract I mean parents typically know better than to send a sick child to school because their child could infect the others. Children contract viruses and diseases from each other at school all the time. Vaccinated children are still capable of spreading diseases to the unaffected, leaving them at a very high risk and allowing that child to be a powerful vehicle for the disease. (2)"

Pro, It seems like your trying to create a Straw Man Argument here.

"parents typically know better than to send a sick child to school because their child could infect the others"

That's not the Debate Topic. And to go even Further, Parent's DO keep there Kids home when They're Sick, So your Straw Man Argument is invalid, Lol.

"Children contract viruses and diseases from each other at school all the time."

Pro, that's a Bold statement to make. Provide Statistics if you feel that way.

"Vaccinated children are still capable of spreading diseases to the unaffected, leaving them at a very high risk and allowing that child to be a powerful vehicle for the disease. (2)"

Vaccinated Children are still capable of Spreading Disease? Isn't this Contradicting your Platform? So according to your logic, we Should Deny Children the Right to an Education because of Others, not Themselves.

"Measles was declared eliminated in the US by 2000 and its recent comeback can be attributed to the growing population of unaffected children. This is a reference to a CDC study supporting my point."

People Globally Contract this Disease, and if Through Travel, Bring Measles to America, It's that Individuals Fault. That's How it Re-entered the US. I'd Like to Point out that the Strain That multiple people contracted was a New one, and Vaccinated Individuals were affected as well. (3)

"This is irrelevant to my argument. Back to you!"

As I stated and Provided,

A Child's right to an Education is Mandatory in the US, as Chartered in the Child's act, and a Referendum created by the UN, and Signed by many Nations, US being one of course.(1)

Children have the Right to a Quality Education, Regardless.

(1)(https://www.google.ca...)
(2)(https://www.google.ca...)
(3)(https://www.google.ca...)
Tminusfour20

Pro

Tminusfour20 forfeited this round.
StalinIncarnate

Con

Since my opponent has forfeited the final round, I have nothing else to say, refute, or add. I will close with a statement I whole heartedly believe.

All children should have the right to a quality education regardless of circumstance.
Posted by Tminusfour20 2 years ago
Tminusfour20
I meant would not infringe. Sorry typo.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
I really want to accept this, but then it would be my 200th one :(