SmallTacos
G-g-ghost

Using Occam's Razor, Christianity is more likely than Atheism

SmallTacos

Pro

Debate as you will; but first round is acceptance only.
G-g-ghost

Con

Hi I would like to thank pro (Small tacos) for initiating such a debate, and I'd also like to thank all the readers for taking time out of there days to fairly judge our debate with an open mind. :)
I would also like to apologize in advance for my lack of spelling grammar and punctuation.,!?'
What I lack in the above areas I try to make up for with logic and sincerety and passion!

Onto the acceptance.
Interpretations of Occams Razor,
-Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily.-
-when you have two competing theories that make exactly the same predictions, the simpler one is the better.-
-We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances.-
- Scientists must use the simplest means of arriving at their results and exclude everything not perceived by the senses.-
-If you have two theories that both explain the observed facts, then you should use the simplest until more evidence comes along-
The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations.-
-If you have two equally likely solutions to a problem, choose the simplest.-
-The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct.-
-keep things simple-

Terms BOP burden of proof, logic dictates BOP falls on the person making estrodnary claims.

I hope pro accepts my interpretations of Occams Razor and look forward to his argument :)
SmallTacos

Pro

SmallTacos forfeited this round.
G-g-ghost

Con

Well pro's claim of christanity being more likely than atheism using Occam's Razor is simply false and literally fails the definition and interpretations of Occam's Razor as stated in round 1.
The simplest answer is the most likely.

An atheist- we had to come from somthing/somewhere -insert- favorite theory (here) somthing had to always exist!

A Christan - we had to come from something/somewhere. God made us braking multiple laws of physics (well that dosnt matter God made the laws) we came from God.

A Christan - where did God come from? - now from here you can say he was always here or w/e but the Christans are already 2 questions in! Making them more complicated and thru Occams Razor this makes atheism more likely.

I will elaborate more if needed and feel I have debuffed pros argument :)
SmallTacos

Pro

SmallTacos forfeited this round.
SmallTacos

Pro

SmallTacos forfeited this round.
SmallTacos

Pro

SmallTacos forfeited this round.
Posted by G-g-ghost 2 years ago
G-g-ghost
2hrs to post b4 you forfeit m8 :o
Posted by NoMagic 2 years ago
NoMagic
One simple argument should give this to Con, probably wouldn't need more than three sentences.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
With an estimated 43,000 christian denominations which one is more likely, when all are explained by providing supernatural explanations, also know as faith. And Atheism is explained through reason without contradicting reality. Claims about faith can be used to justify and defend absolutely anything. Faith is also an unreliable and irrational basis for singling out one religion and claiming that it is true while all other religions, as well as any competing secular philosophies, are false.
Posted by G-g-ghost 2 years ago
G-g-ghost
@Ragnar to my understanding using Occams razor the simplest explanation is what most likely happened till more evidence proves other wise.
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
More likely to be correct, or more likely to occur?