Jjasuja
AngelofDeath

Using too much Internet makes you an Isolated self centered person?

AngelofDeath

Jjasuja

Pro

I think yes
AngelofDeath

Con

I accept. Thank you, Pro, for instigating this debate, I look forward to debating with you.

Burden of Proof is on Pro, so I eagerly await his points. :D

GLHF!!!!!
Jjasuja

Pro

Jjasuja forfeited this round.
AngelofDeath

Con

Since my opponent forfeited the previous round, I have nothing to refute, so I guess I'll just make a few points while waiting for him, in case we run out of things to discuss next round.

Because the topic posts a question, I shall instead debate Resolved: Using too much Internet makes one an isolated, self-centered person.

Well, "isolated" means to be "characterized by little social contact." http://www.thefreedictionary.com... (3rd definition)

In applying this to people who get online a lot, my side believes that the opposite is actually true. In being on the Internet, you get to associate with a wider range of people whom you would otherwise not know of if you had no internet. Also, you are exposed to more ideas that may be controversial that allow you to open your mind and see what it's like in the world around the small region one may live in.

In addressing the second point of the resolved-- "self-centered" is defined as "concerned solely or chiefly with one's own interests, welfare, etc. " by http://dictionary.reference.com...

When applying this half of the adjectives to the people who use a lot of Internet, we find that this is almost silly. In fact, being on the internet actually can cause many to feel even more self conscious, rather than self centered. This is due to the fact that the media bombards the young girls’ minds with images of skinny models. This makes these girls brainwashed that if they are a few pounds heavier than what the images portray, they must be considered "ugly" or "disgusting." According to Influence ( http://influence.bafree.net... ) "about 80% of nine-year-olds are on diets and that the number of eating disorder cases has been rising."

I would also like to point out that the resolution is making a false cause fallacy. There are many factors that can lead to isolation/egotism, and there is no evidence that they trace back to the Internet.
Jjasuja

Pro

Jjasuja forfeited this round.
AngelofDeath

Con

Since my opponent has not posted any arguments or refuted any of mine, I extend my previous arguments and urge you to vote in Negation of the Resolution.

Posted by AngelofDeath 2 years ago
AngelofDeath
Lol sorry, maybe next time XD
Posted by Berend 2 years ago
Berend
I was totally about to take it. A second off.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
internEt
Vote Placed by YoshiBoy13 2 years ago
YoshiBoy13
JjasujaAngelofDeathTied
Reasons for voting decision: Double Forfeit by Pro, many sources by Con
Vote Placed by ResponsiblyIrresponsible 2 years ago
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
JjasujaAngelofDeathTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Therefore, Kitten wins.