ESocialBookworm
Kc1999

Usui Takumi would make a better husband for ESocialBookworm than kc1999

ESocialBookworm

ESocialBookworm

Pro

I am for the statement that Usui Takumi, should he exist, would make a better husband for ESocialBookworm than Kc1999.

Round one is acceptance, then the games begin. May the odds be ever in your favour.
Kc1999

Con

Bull. I am the hottest guy any girl would want. My glasses are huge. And I exist.

Please note that I am a Devil's Advocate for this.
ESocialBookworm

Pro

This debate was created as a result of an assertion on the part of Con and was not made for the sake of flirting, just so you know.

I acknowledge that I have the BOP in this debate.
Firstly, I would like to introduce Usui Takumi’s character. At the beginning of the manga, Kaichou wa Maid-Sama, Usui is a seventeen year old teenager.[1] His first name, Takumi, means "open sea" while his last name, Usui, means "light".[2]
In the anime, when he discovers Ayuwaza Misaki, the Student Council President, is a maid, which is frowned upon, she immediately thinks that he will tell the school. After all, he is a known heart-breaker, because he does not like girls [3]. She has to work for money to help provide for her family, consisting of her mother [4], younger sister [5] and herself. Her father left when she was younger.
However, Takumi proves his benevolence in not only hiding her secret, but resolving to look out for her. This is a blow to her feminist exterior and thus she calls him a 'perverted outer-space alien'. [6]

Now, my arguments for why I think Takumi would make the better husband:

Contention 1: I am partly a sapiosexual.
P1: Usui notices Misaki and tries to help her see that she is overworking herself. [7]
P2: Usui is a good critical thinker as seen in the episode where the boys from Seika HS turned into potential rapists, and he helped to hide her.
P3: He was homeschooled but constantly had to change teachers because they did not know what else to teach him.
P4: In the first episode, Usui ranked first in the school in grades, then Misaki. [8]
Therefore, Usui Takumi is smart and he would make a good husband for me, the sapiosexual.

Contention2: Kindness
P1: Usui protects Misaki from the “Idiot Trio” when they attempt to humiliate her one evening when she is in the back-alley of her workplace. [9]
P3: He does not tell anyone her secret, but rather chooses to watch over her.
P4: He helped Yukimura with his little sister, who has a crush on him, to overlook this crush and that she can still be a princess. [10]
P5: He jumped of a building to keep her secret when a photograph fell. [2]

Contention 3: Talents
P1: He can cook. I am a terrible cook, therefore he can teach or cook for me. [2nd video]

P2: He plays the violin, which I want to learn to play and love the sound of. [11]

Contention 4: sexiness
P1: Takumi has a six pack and is still lean and athletic. [12]
P2: Takumi Usui was voted Sexiest Anime Man 2010. [3]
P3: Takumi has glasses and awesome hair. I have a fetish for glasses and hair.[13]

P4: He is of royalty.
P5: Royalty is sexy.
P6: He is sexy.

Contention 5: Reliability
P1: I am blood type O.
P2: Usui is blood type O. [2]
P3: Krit is blood type A.
If anything happens, I can donate blood to Usui and vice-versa.
However, if anything happens to either Kc1999 or me, I can donate blood to Krit, but he cannot give blood to me because his blood type is dominant.

Contention 6: Strong
P1: Usui saved Misaki from being raped by Tora Igarashi. [2] [14]
P2: Usui is athletic and has a karate background. [15]

Rebuttals to Krit’s statements:

“I am the hottest guy any girl would want.”
Hotness is subjective.

“My glasses are huge.”
I like small simple things. However, I like big glasses that are square. Yours are oval shaped.

“And I exist.”
Read round one. I believe the “should he exist” implies that we assume he exists for this debate. (Although, his character does exist so that nullifies your point and he exists in my heart.)

*** Due to the fact that I still am unsure how to post pictures in a debate and have tried before, please click the links below for visual aid and references.***

[1]- http://myanimelist.net...
[2]- http://kaichouwamaidsama.wikia.com...
[3]- http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net...

[4]- http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.com...
[5]- http://cdn.myanimelist.net...
[6]- http://kaichouwamaidsama.wikia.com...
[7]- http://www.fanpop.com...
[9]- http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net...
[10]- http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net...
[11]- http://s260.photobucket.com...
[12]- http://randomc.net...
[13]- http://images4.fanpop.com...
[14]- http://kaichouwamaidsama.wikia.com...
[15]- http://images6.fanpop.com...

---

I almost ran out of characters so I had to cut out a few points, that I will bring up in the next round.
Kc1999

Con

Counter Rebuttals:

Hot or Not: Subjective or Objective Measures of Hot

Hot is defined as "the amount of heat that something or someone contains" If hot is subjective, then there is no way to measure warmth. However, this is a lie. A universal way of measuring the hotness of someone is temperature. If hotness were subjective, then scientists would disagree about the measures of hotness (i.e temperature of the human body). However, this is a lie. Scientists agree fully on the measures of heat via temperature, as temperature (according to Wikipedia) is the measure of hot and cold.

It is therefore common knowledge that a quality in many boys that girls look for is hotness. I have an overall temperature of 37 degrees celsius at all times, but in times of fever, I unusually reach temperatures of 40-43 degrees celsius. 43, I believe, was the highest temperature I have ever reached. Hotness is a quality that every female wants in a male; I have this quality. In fact, I qualify for being the hottest person (in the radius of 1m, perhaps 10m, perhaps 100m, perhaps in my whole room, since I'm the only one in it) in my area.

Another contention that the oppponent must understand is that I have the abilities to reach the temperatures of 50-65 degrees celsius. My computer has been a work of art; it gets so hot that it needs a fully working fan in order to prevent overheat. Currently, a grand average temperature of around 73 degrees, as expressed in the following equation (body temperature is bt, computer temperature is ct, abt is average body temp):

bt+ct/2
=abt
37+72/2=abt
73=abt

But then the opponent asks, quite simply, that "how does one sustain that much temperature?" Firstly, the computer temperature counts as I am opening a picture of my full self (with clothing on, though.) in Photoshop 3. This contributes to my body temperature because my body is present on my screen! This is a lowest estimate, as the last time data was collected (on my computer temperature) was 3-4 days ago. Results will be out by tommorow again, when I reopen my computer.

The temperatue of this Usui character, however, cannot be defined because of two things. Firstly, he does not exist, therefore his physical temperature is currently undefined. Secondly, the opponent cannot use the picture of Usui Takumi opened on her computer as a temperature until she finds a full picture of this Usui character, as we are measuring his body temperature (hence abt), not the temperate of a certain part of his body.

On Kc1999 Glasses:

The opponent has stated that ESocialbookworm, in which the opponent has failed to define, likes square glasses. Then she says that my glasses are round. This is a lie; anyone who knows me personally knows that my glasses are squared to the max. Apart from this, the opponent has failed to define "small" and "large". I would like to define small as "smaller than my entire body" and large as "larger than my entire body" As I stated, my glasses are huge in the sense that they are huge for a small object. Therefore, my glasses are incredibly small for a "large object" In fact, my glasses shouldn't even be considered a large object, as it is to insignificant to be so.

The opponent's points is therefore proven invalid.

On Existence:

Read the debate motion; I accepted the debate on the basis that the debate motion would be:

"Usui Takumi would make a better husband for ESocialBookworm than kc1999"

Not:

"Usui Takumi, should he exist, would make a better husband for ESocialBookworm than kc1999"

Refuting the Opponent's Points:

On Intelligence

Sapiosexuality is defined as the "attraction to intelligence" However, intelligence is subjective (unlike hot!). Intelligence is commonly measured by the actions of one's mind. The opponent states this Usui character is a great critcial thinker. However, the opponent then states that Usui was willing to give his life to an inanimated object. This is not intelligence. If that inanimated object were to be his nation, his religion or something to that sort, then I would not be surprised, as I am willing to give my life to my nation. However, this Usui character is willing to give his life away for a piece of paper that fell from a building. Critical thinkers THINK before they do. As a teenager, I personally myself am not good at this! But I would definitely not jump from a building for a piece of paper. Why?

Because a piece of paper could be retrieved from it's point of impact after walking the stairs. Apart from this, overworking oneself can be acceptable, especially in Japanese society. If this Usui character wants to stop hard and overwork, then he is clearly promoting laziness. Kc1999, also known as Ivan FunnyFace, would promote hard and valuble work, as he as a trained capitalist. He would never jump down from a building. He would think critically before doing things.

On Kindness

Kc1999 is also kind. He has been in charge of many service projects and has helped the homeless in his country, Thailand, on many occassions. If kind is limited to only a social status, then this world has been highly deluded from what kind is. Many people may agree on the fact that Kc1999 is a very kind (albeit abnormal) person. Kc1999 is also great at keeping secrets; one secret that he has kept for a long time, which was recently released, was his immense support for the Serbian-God Theory. He has kept this secret for 5 years, until revealing it to his friends and DDo.

On Talents

On Talents, Kc1999 can also cook and has extensive knowledge in the fields of music. Kc1999 has played the four-stringed ukulele for 3 years, and knows the ukulele inside out. He has also experimented with the violin and is now learning it himself. With a more thorough knowledge of music than this Usui character (who I also would like to remind, doesn't exist), he therefore able to teach music better. Apart from this, he has achieved incredibly *high* grades in Food Technology, with a 7,7,7,6 (7 for cooking anyways) in his overall Food Technology grade for this year (and a stable trend from last year too). Therefore, he could easily service ESocialBookWorm better than the non-existant Usui.

On Physical Strength and Blood Type

The opponent has stated that Kc's blood type is not compatible with ESocialBookWorm's, and this could have huge effects. However, blood donation is a complicated issue; if I were to be stranded on an island with someone whose blood type is compatible with mines, I wouldn't be able to donate my blood because blood donation is highly complicated. Therefore, the first part of her argument goes invalid. Secondly, the opponent has stated that this Usui character is strong. Oh really? Then Kc1999 and him should do a arm-wrestle contest. It is commonly known that Kc1999 is the arm-wrestle champion of his year level. Apart from this, it is proven that he can inflict up to 60g of force in one of his punches (at Lotte World, Seoul). And this Usui character? 0 g. He is non-existant.

Conclusion of my points

1. I am hotter

P1. My body temperature is 73 degrees celsius
P2. Hot is anything that exceeds 37 degrees celsius
C1. I am therefore very hot

2. I have glasses which attract sapiosexuals

P1. ESocialBookWorm is attracted to small rectangle glasses
P2. Kc1999 wears small rectangle glasses
C1. ESocialBookWorm might be attracted to Kc1999's glasses and possibly himself

3. I exist

P1. This Usui Character is an Anime Character
P2. Kc1999 is a real person
C1. Kc1999 exists, and could wed ESocialBookWorm

The resolution is therefore negated
ESocialBookworm

Pro

REBUTTALS:

Firstly, I never made the point that I like “hot” guys. I said Usui was “sexy” and that I like sexy guys. I was rebutting Kc1999’s
point when he stated he was the, and I quote, “I am the hottest guy any girl would want.” I responded with, “Hotness is subjective". I never said I was attracted to hot guys.

I’ll keep my opponent’s definition of hotness. Now, sexy is defined as either “sexually suggestive or stimulating” or “generally attractive or interesting.” [1]

Again, I would like to reiterate: Hot <> Sexy.

Now, I actually like cold things, like Jack Frost or Canada in the Winter season. Cool guys are more mysterious and intriguing, e.g. http://24.media.tumblr.com.... See album.

Therefore, thank you for saving me time and characters! Since you proved your “hotness,” and that you’re hotter than Usui, it means that he is cooler and colder than you.

On Kc1999 Glasses:

Usui also has glasses that I like.

On another note, Kc1999, also doesn’t like to show his face so that I can see. How can I like him then if he won’t show his face? This is completely different from Usui, who is an anime star, and would be willing to let me see him anytime.

On Existence:

I kindly ask my opponent to refer to round one, where I clearly stated, “should he exist.” If my opponent, KC1999, did not wish to accept to debate this motion, then he should not have accepted the challenge. After all, it was clearly put in round one for him to see before he accepted the debate.

On Intelligence
"As a teenager, I personally myself am not good at this! But I would definitely not jump from a building for a piece of paper. Why?"

Usui was not willing to give his life for an inanimate object but rather someone he cared for.

P1: Maids are looked down in society and treated with no respect, in this anime.
P2: Misaki is a maid.
P3: If people found out she was a maid, she would be looked down upon and treated with no respect. This would nullify all the hard work she had gone through as Student Council President.This shows the extent of Usui’s passion for the people he cares for. He was willing to jump off a ceiling for her, to maintain the secrecy of her job! Isn’t that just romantic? As a trained ninja, Usui knew how to fall so he would not get too hurt, to get to it fast. See album

Please note that my opponent also conceded that he is not a good critical thinker.
"Apart from this, overworking oneself can be acceptable, especially in Japanese society. If this Usui character wants to stop hard and overwork, then he is clearly promoting laziness."
He was not. He was helping Misaki to see that she needed to take a break once in a while. He even joined her workplace so he could help her out, despite being rich! Keep in mind that he offered her money before to help them buy gorceries, but she declined, being a feminist and “independent young woman.”

On Kindness

one secret that he has kept for a long time, which was recently released, was his immense support for the Serbian-God Theory. He has kept this secret for 5 years, until revealing it to his friends and DDo.”

I would like to ask Kc1999 how hiding his support for a Serbian-God theory is kind. Should he not embrace his support for it and let people know, uncaring of what others may think? It is clear that Kc1999 takes what others say in high regard. Therefore, I might hurt be able to hurt him very easily and it will be difficult for me to have to “walk on glass” around him all the time.

On Talents

“...high* grades ... overall Food Technology grade...too.)”

I would like to remind voters that this is in school. Usui worked in a very famous restaurant, and was one of the top chefs there.

Therefore, he could easily service ESocialBookWorm better than the non-existant Usui.”

Firstly, the correct spelling (as I am a bit of a grammar Nazi) is “non-existent,” so if that is the word you meant then please note that I (already touched on this before) stated in the first round in the resolution, “should he exist.”

On Physical Strength and Blood Type

I don’t understand where the stranded on an island scenario came from.

My point was that Blood Type O is very rare. This blood type can be donated to anyone who needs blood of any type, because of its recessive allele O but not vice-versa. http://www.biology.arizona.edu...

"It ... champion of his year level."

I would like to point out that my opponent said, “of his year level.” Assuming these means the equivalent of his grade as he did not define it, Usui is 17 years old and therefore two years above KC1999. It is this possible that Usui could very well beat Kc1999 in an arm wrestling competition. This would have to be judged from a real life scenario.

"... proven...in one of his punches."

My opponent adorns his arguments with the word, “proven” yet again. My question, as I hope the voters consider as well, where is your proof? Where is your source?

"And this Usui character? 0 g. He is non-existant."

See above.

Now onto my further points,

Contention 1: Homosexuality

I, ESocialBookworm, am for gay marriage and see nothing wrong with homosexuality. However, Kc1997, is against it and is a homophobic person. [2] See album for proof.

While we could still have a potential relationship, Kc1997 cannot accept gay jokes nor is he comfortable with the topic. Therefore, he is incumbently uncomfortable when I flirt with or joke around with my friend, DauntlessWarrior. How can we have a relationship with them telling me what to do, who to see, and how to compose myself?

Usui, on the other hand, is fine with homosexuality and actually kissed Seika’s Vice President of the student council on the lips
when he was going through a rough time, to help him with his how self-eteem, as seen below:

http://images5.fanpop.com...

Contention 2: Feminism

Feminism is, “the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities” or “organized activity in support of women's rights and interests.” [3]

Egalitarianism is, “a belief in human equality especially with respect to social, political, and economic affairs.” [4]

As an Egalitarian, I believe all humans are of equal worth. However, Kc1997 does not believe so. He believes that some humans are superior and should enslave the inferior, or that the inferior should be wiped out.

Unfortunately for Kc1997, I am unable to accept that trait in a husband. I want someone who will treat me as an equal, not someone who will want me to be their “slave.”

Usui, on the other hand, treats girls with respect and will be willing to see me as his equal.

Contention 3: The Girl Code

It is of utmost importance that I make this point. It’s not seen as conventional for a girl to date her friend’s ex. Unfortunately, Kc1997 already attempted a relationship with one of my friends, of whom shall not be named for the sake of privacy.

According to the “Girl Code,” there is an unwritten rule that Kc1997 is off limits. Therefore, the points he makes are futile for I will be unable to date or marry him either way.

And now, for the final blow, Contention 4: My opinion.

The definition of the term, “better” used in the resolution is “more desirable, satisfactory, or effective.” [5]

I like Usui Takumi more and therefore, he is more desirable to me. I view Kc1997 as a little brother and as I am not an advocate for incestuous relationships, I cannot marry Kc1997.

Even if Kc1997 and I did get married, the relationship would be uncomfortable and awkward, and therefore would not be better.

[1]- http://www.merriam-webster.com...

[2]- http://www.debate.org...

[3]- http://www.merriam-webster.com...

[4]- http://www.merriam-webster.com...

[5]- http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...

Kc1999

Con

Due to IRL issues, this debate has been cancelled.

NO ONE VOTE ON THIS DEBATE. AND YES I LIKE TAKING AWAY YOUR RIGHTS. I feel like its my job to do so.

ESocialBookworm

Pro

My opponent has decided to cancel this debate because:

1. "Real life issues," and

2. He knows he cannot beat the awesomeness of Usui Takumi.

-==0==-

On a side note, I've proved Usui would make a better husband than Kc1997.

Kc1997 even proved his love for power in this round with "YES I LIKE TAKING AWAY YOUR RIGHTS. I feel like its my job to do so."

However, Kc1997 concedes outside of the debate. With his permission, I would like to share this with you:

http://www.debate.org...;

and

click="document.location='/ESocialBookworm/photos/album/3900/25195/'" src="../../../photos/albums/1/4/3900/106131-3900-5zp4w-a.jpg" alt="" />

http://www.debate.org...;

Although it isn't necessary to vote, I would just like to inform you of the obvious win for Pro.

-==0==-

Thank you Kc1997 for a fun debate! I think this is the hardest I've ever worked on a debate. I'm disappointed that we weren't able to finish it but I understand the complications of examinations, being in them currently myself. I wish you hadn't accepted the debate though, knowing you didn't have time because I sitll had more points typed out already.

Nevertheless, best of luck to Kc1997 in his exams.

USUI TAKUMI FTW!!!
Kc1999

Con

NO VOTES PEOPLE. Your RIGHTS are now my PLAYGROUND.
ESocialBookworm

Pro

*cough* I should at least get the conduct point because of Kc1997's threats. *cough*

Hope you guys enjoyed our debate!

RESOLVED: USUI TAKUMI WILL MAKE A BETTER HUSBAND FOR ESOCIALBOOKWORM THAN KC1997!!!
Kc1999

Con

I SHOULD GET CONDUCT POINTS BECAUSE SHE HAS CALLED ME Kc1997, CLEARLY INDICATING THAT SHE HAS A DISDAIN FOR MY AGE.

I SHOULD GET ARGUMENTS BECAUSE I HAVE YOUR RIGHTS IN MY HANDS.

I SHOULD GET SOURCES BECAUSE MY BRAIN IS THE MOST INTELLIGENT SOURCE.

HOWEVER, IF YOU WILL NOT VOTE
Posted by Perussi 7 months ago
Perussi
This debate is art.
Posted by ESocialBookworm 3 years ago
ESocialBookworm
@romanii he conceded. He cowardly backed away from the rest of the debate.
@krit, and I ship you with her. If I was allowed extra characters, I would have made her the rest of the debate...
@NiamC, haha funny but no, my heart belongs and always will belong to Ennie. <3
Posted by NiamC 3 years ago
NiamC
I have hair, I have square glasses, I know karate, I play the violin, I can cook (I think), I am blood type O, I know karate, I am of royalty (nope), I am kawaii and super sugoi... wait a second.

My god!.... Annie, you must marry me...
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
Who? Angel?
Posted by Kc1999 3 years ago
Kc1999
I FOUND SOMEONE more WORTHWHILE DAN ESOXS :P plus she has Ennie plus I was half-drunk when this debate happened plus I am the greatest Heil Kritler
Posted by Kc1999 3 years ago
Kc1999
Thing is I didn't try
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
What the hell? How did Kc not win this!? His last round was killer...
Posted by ESocialBookworm 3 years ago
ESocialBookworm
@adam... he's royalty so yeah... He was the most liked boy in his year so yeah... Can anyone? ...
Posted by Kc1999 3 years ago
Kc1999
@Adam I do not betray my followers. I'm 14!
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 3 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
Does Usui have a thousand protestors guarding his back in rough times? Is Usui wanted for constant controversial speeches? Is Usui so awesome he could withstand the blast of a grenade thrown at him? No. Khun Krit will always be awesome. Even if he betrays his fellow followers. Constantly.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
ESocialBookwormKc1999Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con's terrible ALL-CAPs last round and badly constructed arguments guarantees bookworm another victory.
Vote Placed by AngelofDeath 3 years ago
AngelofDeath
ESocialBookwormKc1999Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Krit kinda stopped making arguments, so that goes to Bookworm. Conduct also goes to her cuz kc1999 WANTS TO TAKE AWAY MY RIGHTS AND THREATEN *ME*, AND THAT AIN'T HAPPENING!!!!!! Anyway, sorry, but i couldn't resist voting. Good job to both, it was a fun read ^_^
Vote Placed by TheLastMan 3 years ago
TheLastMan
ESocialBookwormKc1999Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Sorry, but I could not resist myself from voting. Since it's a bit semantic debate, I don't have to give enough reasons. Also, Con couldn't manage to refute Pro and cancelled the debate. Usui is awesome. Pro put it nicely and those arguments are really good. So,I'm voting Pro ..atleast the conduct point ;) Fun debate :D