masterdrave
EltyoStyles

Utopia

masterdrave

Pro

This is my utopia: A world where people know what they want. A world where homosexual men and women are congratulated on stepping out and seeing everything in a new light. A world where abortion is not just the parent's right, but where the child also gets a say in the decision. A world where you can murder, steal, rape, all free of charge, because why the hell should our desires be stopped? Because of the government! That's why. If you don't agree, be a man and step up to the plate.
EltyoStyles

Con

I'd like to thank my challenger for the invitation to this debate (as strange as it may be), and wish you the best of luck!

There are some serious inherent flaws in your ideal utopia which I would like to point out, and perhaps suggest some alternatives. Firstly, if (in your ideal Utopian society) all men and women had a sexual orientation in favour of the same sex, then rape would become a thing of the past. If we breakdown the physical aspect of rape between a man and a women, we can observe that the man has a competitive advantage of the women in terms of physical ability. However, rape that occurs between the same gender would become level playing ground, giving the victim a chance to escape. This would have the detrimental effect of eliminating rape from society. However, I think we can both agree that in a Utopian society, rape must become an inalienable right and a freedom that all people can exercise without discrimination. Thus I propose, as compromise, that in a Utopian society, the burning of all homosexuals becomes a top priority and that we restructure our legal system (from the top down) to allow for these utterly fundamental human rights, such as stealing, rape and murder. Only once this change has been executed would our society even begin to resemble a pale version of a Utopian society.

For your argument on the issue of abortion, I think you're on the right track, but you need to expand your horizons ever so slightly. Why does the decision of abortion only pertain to the parents and the child? What gives them the right to decide whether the child lives or dies? Nothing.

To achieve a purposeful decision on the subject, I propose that a worldwide poll is conducted, such that the decision to abort or not is executed with the utmost assurance of a majority vote. In this way, abortion will cease to become a controversial issue and all persons involved can continue peacefully in their lives.

Lastly, I'd like to add my own ideas to the ideal Utopian society. Communism. This, this is the cornerstone to a real Utopian society. As a prime example, I'd like to direct your attention towards China. Yes, Western society has been regarded as a good standard of government for decades, but as cracks start to appear in the crumbling base of Democracy. China stands tall as a light shining the way. We can only dream of the golden age China revels in today. The evenly distributed resources, unlimited health care and babies for all, and freedom of speech are just some of the privileges that the Chinese are reaping as rewards from communism. If we are to truly become a Utopian society, we must crush the giant wall of democracy and welcome the warm rays of communism.
masterdrave

Pro

You're right of course, I should have thought about rape. Same sex relationships would deter it completely. Yes, people need to express themselves in whatever way needs be. Why should they be stopped on their desires? This includes rape, physical abuse, and everything in between. It's about loving and feeling happy with yourself. Everyone needs a chance to do that.
As to the burning of the homosexuals, I'm not completely sure that is the way to go. I agree torture is in order, but burning perhaps is the extreme. One could consider various drugs and mental realignment, as opposed to immediate death.

Ah yes, abortion, and here I do see what you're saying. The parents and the child have rights of course, but the doctors need to be in on the decision as well. Are they truly content with yet another murder? Or is it simply time to cease childbirth completely. The world is rapidly overpopulating. No more humans, no more problems. It's as simple as that, tic tac toe.

And in regards to your ideas about Communism, I do agree to some degree. However I would also like to add that the Nazis had a reliable way of creating the Utopia we so desire. Discriminating against the weak is really what needs to happen, and so, combining those morals with those of China's, as you suggest, would be the definitive next step.
EltyoStyles

Con

As much as I'm inclined towards the idea of torture, I do not think it serves our ultimate purpose of eradicating all homosexuals. Anyway, burning them alive is a death sentence and torture combined into one. Trust me, it is the only proper way to approach this problem.

Yes Nazism did bring a temporary Golden Age of peace, however it was quickly stopped in its tracks due to certain fundamental incompetencies. It did not account for the incomplete genocide of the Jews, and suffered the consequences greatly. Several other factors contributed to its downfall, however the main hindrance in executing such a Utopia is finding a leader as charismatic and brilliant as Hitler. Communism does not require such a leader and is evidently far superior to Nazism. Just observe, for an instance, how nobody wants to f**k with China. Does that say something to you? I think so.

Now, moving on, I'd like to add several more ideas to this evolving concept of a Utopian society. After pondering over the topic for a while, I received a gut feeling on some mandatory changes required to thrust ourselves into this Utopia. We need to bring back slavery. This is my first and foremost point because it is such a crucial foundation on which to build a fully functional society. I think racial discrimination is our best bet here, considering the natural predisposition of hatred towards those of a coloured complexion. It would also have the added bonus of eliminating poverty from developing countries. Those who cannot access simple human needs, such as food and water, would be provided with such by their masters. Alternatives would include mercifully saving a few of the homosexuals in exchange for permanent indenture. Nevertheless, as long as slaves are acquired, the rest is just a cake walk.
masterdrave

Pro

masterdrave forfeited this round.
EltyoStyles

Con

EltyoStyles forfeited this round.
masterdrave

Pro

masterdrave forfeited this round.
EltyoStyles

Con

EltyoStyles forfeited this round.
masterdrave

Pro

masterdrave forfeited this round.
EltyoStyles

Con

EltyoStyles forfeited this round.