Vaccines are 100% effective and 100% safe.

Resolution, vaccines are 100% effective and 100% safe.

Pro will contend for the resolution.
I, Con will contend against the resolution.

Vaccine "Vaccination: Injection of a killed microbe in order to stimulate the immune system against the microbe, thereby preventing disease. " [1]

Here is the definiton of Vaccine: "a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease."

I say Vaccines are 100% safe! They eliminate multiple diseases and keep people from getting sick or maybe even killed.

Thanks for accepting the debate. "Serious side effects following vaccination, such as severe allergic reaction, are very rare and doctors and clinic staff are trained to deal with them." [1]

"The measles vaccine, for example, is one of the most effective at 93% (for those who have had only one dose of the vaccine) and 97% (for those who have had two doses, which is the recommended amount). Why?"[2]

I conclude that vaccines are not 100% effective nor 100% safe.

I've heard that vaccines are 100% safe on the news and everywhere else!

Vaccines are one of the greatest success stories in public health. Through use of vaccines, we have eradicated smallpox and nearly eliminated wild polio virus. The number of people who experience the devastating effects of preventable infectious diseases like measles, diphtheria, and whooping cough is at an all-time low. To ensure the continued success of vaccines in the United States, it’s crucial to make sure that vaccines are safe.

Before vaccines are approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), they are tested extensively by scientists to ensure they are effective and safe. Vaccines are the best defense we have against infectious diseases; however, no vaccine is actually 100% safe or effective for everyone because each person’s body reacts to vaccines differently.

As infectious diseases become less common, we hear less about the serious consequences of preventable illnesses like diphtheria and tetanus and more about the risks associated with vaccines. It’s good to be informed about health choices, but the reality is that Americans have never been healthier than we are today and vaccines have never been safer than they are today. The benefits of vaccines far outweigh the risks. As science continues to advance, we strive to develop safer vaccines and improve delivery to protect ourselves against disease more effectively. This overview focuses on vaccine research, how vaccines are licensed, and how we make sure vaccines are safe.

"The benefits of vaccines far outweigh the risks." Pro

You just made a Con argument by admitting that there are risks. Thanks for the debate.

I am all for it! I just stated that vaccines eliminated polio virus, good luck on the voting! You did good!
Posted by zipper68 11 months ago
I almost accepted this debate... until i relized I wouldn't take the negative side. You almost got me.
I dont think anyone would take the pro side for this, sorry to say.
Posted by whiteflame 11 months ago
...Seriously? No treatments of any sort are absolute in either effectiveness or safety. Drinking water isn't 100% effective at treating dehydration, and it's not 100% safe either. This would be like crafting a resolution that requires your opponent to prove biology false.