iholland95
tvellalott

Vampire Diaries is better than True Blood

iholland95

Pro

First round is for accceptance
tvellalott

Con

iholland95

Pro

1. The Vampire Diaries" boys are loyal to the end.
Sure, True Blood"s Bill would die for Sookie " now. But where was he back in her grandmother"s day? Stefan and Damon Salvatore have been in love with Elena and her kin (read: Katherine) practically since time began. As they"ve repeatedly said, they"ll "always choose Elena." True Blood"s Bill and Eric, in contrast, might sometimes choose their vampire exes or their blood-sucking king or queens over Sookie Stackhouse.

2. The Salvatores can"t be bought.
Let"s not forget that on True Blood Bill was paid to get close to Sookie. That"s right. Quiet as it"s kept, Bill Compton"s so-called Queen hired him to seek the supernatural waitress out. Meanwhile, love brought Stefan back to Mystic Falls and Elena"s door. Lust made Damon follow. But, hey, not everyone"s perfect.

3. TVD"s neck nibblers know their place.
And it"s beneath humans. Yeah, we said it. Not to sound all elitist or anything, but The Vampire Diaries" vampires know enough to be at least a little ashamed of the fact that they are not human and that they prey on mankind. They"re not marching in the streets talking about "We"re here. We"ve got fangs. Get used to it!" They"re not demanding equal rights. They accept the fact that they"re something unnatural about their existence and they don"t try to shove it down our throats. And that"s kind of endearing. Besides, there"s something to be said about putting humans on a pedestal. And being of the mortal kind, we like that.

http://www.wetpaint.com...
tvellalott

Con

I have literally no time left to write this, so I will have to work really fast and present just one argument.
Rebuttals and the rest of my argument will be given in the next round.

SEX
Vampires need to have nasty, hardcore sex, with humans and with other vampires.
True Blood has this in spades, while from what I can find The Vampire Diaries is little more than some PG13 bullsh!t.

Here is my evidence:
VIDEO #1 is a sex scene from TVD

I suppose there is some passion here, but compare this to...
BE WARNED!!!! THIS IS NOT PORN, BUT IT'S EXTREMELY CONFRONTING FOR THOSE WHO ARE OFFENDED BY SUCH THINGS. PLEASE DON'T WATCH THIS AND THEN REPORT ME. THAT WOULD BE LAME. It is completely relevant to my argument... This scene shows a near-mad Bill having extremely violent sex with Lorena (the vampire who turned him) since Sookie no longer wants him.

VIDEO #2: http://www.youtube.com...

(I have specifically put the "Verify Age" link for this video because it's pretty full-on)

Sex and vampire go hand in hand and the sex in True Blood is far closer to how I imagine vampires would have sex than The Vampire Diaries.

Over to you.
iholland95

Pro

iholland95 forfeited this round.
tvellalott

Con

What? You forfeited? :(

My next argument was going to be VIOLENCE.
:D
iholland95

Pro

iholland95 forfeited this round.
tvellalott

Con

It appears my opponent was another passer-through... Shame.
Posted by maxprimo 4 years ago
maxprimo
To me vampire diaries is more for teenage girls while true blood is aimed for teenage boys.
After all on is on HBO
Posted by tvellalott 4 years ago
tvellalott
I am going to curb stomp this sh!t and I haven't even watched the Vampire Diaries.
Posted by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
This extremely subjective.
Posted by unitedandy 4 years ago
unitedandy
Both are awesome, but yeah, VD is better.
Posted by TheElderScroll 4 years ago
TheElderScroll
Books? or TV show?
Posted by Watcharaphol18 4 years ago
Watcharaphol18
I Do Agree!!!!!!