Vampire Weekend is the best band in the world.

Started: 4/13/2014 Category: Music

Vampire weekend is the best band in the world by far.

Everyone has their own opinions and views on their music. One may think that green day is the best band, another may think AC DC is. However it is completely subjective. Because of such, vampire weekend is incapable of being the best band factually, because it is a subjective matter, already proving vampire weekend is not the best band.

(Wow. You're really serious for such a lighthearted topic.)
Well anyways, Vampire Weekend is the sole reason why there is a God.
Vampire Weekend is the sole reason why the Earth is able to harbor life.
Vampire Weekend is the sole reason why I have children!
Modern Vampires of the City seduced our ears with it's preppy, yet deeply controversial, east coast pop.
Contra, african infused pop, combines all the complexities of every single song ever made into a compact package of 10 tracks, totaling 35 minutes long.
Thanks to Vampire Weekend, we now know there really is a God watching over us.

Just writing a song about god doesn't prove his existence (even though I believe in him). Vampire weekend is a good band, but not the best since it is subjective. I have already explained this. Pro has dropped all of my arguments. Anyway, vampire weekend being able to speak to you doesn't make them the best band. They don't speak to me, because I believe they aren't very good. This is my opinion. Since making a band superior is subjective, it is impossible for vampire weekend to be the best band.

Since my opponent already dropped all my arguments, and was unable to present any valid ones, I have no reason to present any further contentions.

Since when did writing a song about god prove his existence?

No, Vampire Weekend is factually the best band. Ever. Objectively. In terms of music, they exude more complex and appreciable rhymes than any other artist. They are beautiful, internally and externally (unanimously agreed upon by everyone in the world). They truly are the best band ever. The whole population of the world unanimously reached that consensus when voting for the "best band ever". Don't you remember?

My opponent presented no valid arguments whatsoever. I have already proved that it is impossible for vampire weekend to factually be the best banned. My opponent dropped all my arguments. Furthermore, they made up false stories such as the one about the world voting that vampire weekend was the best band. More than 3 quarters of the world probally don't even know the band.

In fact, they are one of the lower ratings bands.

"Vampire Weekend is ranked number 98 in the overall artist rankings with a total rank score of 18,404." [1]

As you can see, they are in 98th place. Not only is it impossible for them to be the best factually, but they aren't even in the top 10 artist of the world. How could they possibly be the best?

I have proved that it's impossible for them to factually be the best, but even by rating they are low. My opponent presented no valid argument whatsoever. I am the only one with a source, and I proved my opponent completly wrong. Please vote con for obvious reasons.
Posted by 23dan2324 2 years ago
vampire weekend sux
Posted by Teemo 2 years ago
You didn't imply such, and because of that I could of treated the debate any way I wanted to. And not everything is subjective.
Posted by mzhao8 2 years ago

I meant for this to be a battle of wits! However, my opponent takes things pretty seriously.

And btw. Literally everything is subjective. That is why we are arguing in the first place. That is why there is a If subjectivity was absent, this site would also be absent.
Posted by Actionsspeak 2 years ago
Con has already won
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Unfortunately for pro this is a debate website and some people take it seriously. As there were no stipulations in the opening round I have to treat it as a real debate instead of a "friendly". Con wins argument due to objective statements vs. subjective ones offered by Pro.