UnbiasedSymmetry
Agent_Orange

Vampires are better compared to werewolves

Agent_Orange

UnbiasedSymmetry

Pro

=Structure=
R1. Acceptance
R2. Opening arguments
R3. Rebuttals
R4. Rebuttals/Closing Statements

Rules:
1) Just to make things interesting you can reference your argument off articles, books and video games as long as they're (somewhat) appropriate.
2) If your going to give your own opinion, make sure it's logically sound!
3) Evidence, evidence, evidence, my friend. As they say, the proof is in the pudding. Remember to back up your information.

Definitions:

Vampire:
A preternatural being, commonly believed to be a reanimated corpse, that is said to suck the blood of sleeping persons at night.

Werewolf: a human being who has changed into a wolf, or is capable of assuming the form of a wolf, while retaining human intelligence.

I look forward to debating you!

(I warn you, it's sort of a hard topic to work with, so it'll be challenging. //facedesk)

Agent_Orange

Con

I accept. I also agree with my opponents definitions.
UnbiasedSymmetry

Pro

UnbiasedSymmetry forfeited this round.
Agent_Orange

Con

Werewolves are better. That's my argument. Extend it through.
UnbiasedSymmetry

Pro

UnbiasedSymmetry forfeited this round.
Agent_Orange

Con

I win this round too.
UnbiasedSymmetry

Pro

UnbiasedSymmetry forfeited this round.
Agent_Orange

Con

Opponent forfeited.
Posted by UnbiasedSymmetry 4 years ago
UnbiasedSymmetry
Sorry about that, I rushed at making this debate. But I too know a very-well-done movie with werewolves playing a good part in it. "Twilight." (Haha) I think, when they say "while retaining human intelligence", they're referring to the beings' mentality in a sort.

Yes, in the movie "An American Werewolf in London" I do understand that David was experiencing memory loss after he transformed into a werewolf, naturally meaning any kind of intelligence is clearly absent. But there's this one scene in the movie, specifically his second transformation. What happens is that he's cornered by the police during one of his killing-sprees. Shortly afterwards, his lover Alex arrives. Once she sees him in utter rampage, she tells him she loves him, and it softens him and eventually calms him down. (Then he was shot)
Just to get to the point, although David wasn't controlling his mind, it didn't mean he couldn't channel it. He remembered his love even when in wolf form, so his "human-level intelligence" wasn't fully gone. Of course, this is just my opinion :)

-----
Also, for my opponent, facts used in your argument don't have to be necessarily true, it can be used just as long as you can persuade the readers into following your belief.
Posted by elvroin_vonn_trazem 4 years ago
elvroin_vonn_trazem
Your definition of "werewolf" may be distorted. One very-well-done movie, "An American Werewolf in London", did not portray the wolf phase as having human-level intelligence. The concept may actually be a recent addition to the werewolf "canon"; I suspect most of the early works on the subject also excluded human-level intelligence from the wolf space (but I haven't studied them well enough to be sure).
Vote Placed by airmax1227 4 years ago
airmax1227
UnbiasedSymmetryAgent_OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con argued "werewolves are better", and it was the only argument ever made in this debate. So args to Con. Conduct to Con for FF.