LatinaGirl8894
9spaceking

Vampires better than Werewolves

LatinaGirl8894

Pro

Round 1 is acceptance
Rounds 2&3 are arguments and rebuttals
Round 4 will be rebuttals and conclusions
LatinaGirl8894

Pro

Longevity,

"A werewolf lives a lifetime"a vampire lives (or unlives) forever. Mortality is off the table for the vampires which means centuries of fun". (1)

Having the ability to live forever certainly is better than waiting for the inevitable when you are a werewolf.

Start a Coven or go Solo,

"A vampire has choices. They can go it alone by killing what they eat or they can selectively have others join their coven. Werewolves turn others mostly because they accidentally didn"t kill their prey."(1)

I would much rather have choices when it comes to who I would have to spend the rest of my existence with than have it chosen for me.

The best sex you"ll remember,

"Vampires of course get the hottest mates. They also get to actually enjoy and remember the activities. I"m not sure that werewolves engage in such activities except maybe with other furry, smelly dogs." (1)

Let"s face it this statement is 100% correct. Vampires are always good looking/beautiful. Nobody can argue with that. In all the movies they are always attractive, they also get to remember them for all eternity.

Don"t hate me because I"m beautiful,

"The vampire transformation of course makes you more attractive."(1)

Vampires always come out looking hot. Werewolves transform into huge, ugly, and sweaty dogs. They can"t even comb there fur so it just gets all dirty and gross. Vampires don"t even have to try to look good, it just comes naturally to them.

Strength,

Vampire are said to have strength 20 times stronger than the average human, whereas werewolves have the strength of an animal. That does not even compare when you really think about it.

Change,

Vampires are better simply because they don"t have to change into vampires every month. They just simply are vampires and that"s all there is to it.

(1)http://nightmirrors.wordpress.com...
9spaceking

Con

Living forever:
Life would get boring if you lived forever. Soon the human race would go extinct, and vampires would still be alive, forced to starve and thirst, being unable to drink any blood.

Choices:
Vampires can of course have choices, but they cannot freely roam about the human world during the day. The werewolf can happily live among the people and co-exist well, then go off to some distant place, or purposefully trap himself in a cage so as to not be dangerous

Best sex:
Twilight stinks.

Becoming more attractive:
Why are vampires naturally attractive? No explanation is given. If vampires can be attractive so can werewolves.

Lookin' pretty hot and scary there!

Lookin' pretty awesome right there!

Strength:
This particular animal is very strong indeed, it is actually stronger than a vampire, as noted in [http://underworld.wikia.com...], "It should be noted that Werewolves seem to be far physically stronger than the Vampires, as every hand-to-hand confrontation between the two races under normal circumstances has ended with a Werewolf victory." Thus my opponent is wrong. A werewolf does not seem to be only as strong as a wolf, no, they are even stronger than a vampire.

Change:
Exactly, they can't have two cool alter egos. They can't do anything to change whether they're vampires or not. On the other hand, while the earth rotates the moon can look different, so all the person/werewolf has to do is to travel to a location without a full moon if he doesn't want to be a werewolf, or stay in the full moon location so as to be a werewolf. With new technology, it is possible to "plan" when you want to be a werewolf and when you don't.
LatinaGirl8894

Pro

There are always ways that vampires can survive. Who says that they have to only drink human blood? There is no reason why vampires can"t drink animal blood. I am pretty sure that animals are not all going to go extinct anytime soon.
"Yes vampires can drink from humans AND animals." (1)

Not being able to go out in the daylight outweighs that fact that you can choose who would like to spend your time with. I would much rather give that up then have to stay with people just because I am a werewolf.

My argument for "The best sex you"ll remember" still stands because my opponent never addressed it.
All my opponent would have to do is Google vampires and there would be a wide variety of attractive vampires to see.

Are Vampires stronger than werewolves?
"Yes, Vampires are stronger because they have more chromosomes then Werewolves and also some Vampires are gifted with special abilities and werewolves are not." (2)
Further more vampires get stronger with age whereas werewolves are as strong as they get from the beginning and that never really changes.

Moving around to avoid changing on a full moon has to get expensive and why would a werewolf want to do that for the rest of there life? I certainly wouldn't.

(1)http://www.answers.com...
(2) http://www.answers.com...
9spaceking

Con

"I am pretty sure that animals are not all going to go extinct anytime soon."
With humans killing them, and vampires feeding off them, soon they'll go exist as well.

"Not being able to go out in the daylight outweighs that fact that you can choose who would like to spend your time with. I would much rather give that up then have to stay with people just because I am a werewolf."
The wording of these sentences are confusing.

"All my opponent would have to do is Google vampires and there would be a wide variety of attractive vampires to see."
So? There'll be attracktive werewolves if you Google that too.

Vamp's being stronger:
Having more chromosomes does not justify the vamps' strongness. My opponent needs to show correlation between chromosome amount and strength. All humans have the same amount of chromosomes, yet babies can barely lift anything, while the strongest man in the world can lift 1155 pounds. [See video]
As you can see chromosomes have nothing to do with strength.
" werewolves are as strong as they get from the beginning and that never really changes." And why is this so? If vamp's strength can increase, then surely can werewolves'?

"Moving around to avoid changing on a full moon has to get expensive and why would a werewolf want to do that for the rest of there life? I certainly wouldn't."
It would be annoying to have to stay indoors whenever the sun is out, and have to avoid humans even if the vampires can go out....Vampires would have to be like nocturnal (sleep in the day) in order for that to work out, otherwise they have to annoyingly stay inside for half of the day, wasting half of the night sleeping.

Un-refuted arguments:
-Living forever
-Attractiveness
-Strength
-Change

Back to you.
LatinaGirl8894

Pro

I would invite my opponent to look at this article and then tell me that the animal species might go extinct soon. I don"t think so.
(1)
The table below will show more on this issue.

When you Google Werewolf all you get are pictures of scary looking wolves with their teeth bared. Not attractive at all.

Vampires by nature are nocturnal and they sleep during the day so they have no problem staying indoors all day because they are asleep anyway. Since they cannot go out during the day there is no way they could run into any humans.

Species Population Biomass (million tons)
Marine fish (many species) 800-2,000
Cattle (Bos taurus) 1.4 billion 520
Humans (Homo sapiens) 7 billion 350
Sheep (Ovis aries) 1.1 billion 65
Domestic chickens (Gallus gallus domesticus) 18.6 billion 40
Elephants (2 species) 0.5 million 2
(2)
This table shows that there are plenty of animals for vampires to feed on if necessary. With these supplies of animals at their fingertips, Vampires most certainly can live forever.

"Even though they"re not immortal werewolves live thousands of years" (3)
It says in werewolf folklore that they do not live forever so my argument to Vampires living longer still stands.

(1)http://reducing-suffering.org...
(2) http://www.npr.org...
(3) http://www.werewolves.com...
9spaceking

Con

FINAL ROUND
"When you Google Werewolf all you get are pictures of scary looking wolves with their teeth bared. Not attractive at all."
It's because they're scary, they're considered handsome in the werewolf fashion. Just because we don't find them attractive doesn't mean werewolves won't find each other attractive. In the face of death, nothing is attractive, not even the vampires.

My opponent offers no justification for vampires being nocturnal. What sources prove this?

There are of course tons of animals availible. But soon, human hunting, trapping, and killing may leae the species very close to extintion. Also, note that most of the species are fishes. Vampires are like bats, which don't swim, so they have that massive amount of species right there, inedible. Also, cattle are domesticated and heaily herded by humans, just so you know. And humans themseles, well, technology has made us almost unbeatable next to vampires. Vampires stand no chance competing against humans. They'll have to be extroardinaryly difficult in their jobs while keeping away, staying in the wild to avoid humans. While vampires have controllable lust indeed, their control can only reach so far. I don't think any human antidote will be able to reverse the vampirism. Vampires will be very unwilling to stop being vampires, based on the evidence my opponent provided. On the other hand, all the humans have to do to werewolves is to control their lust for human flesh or contain the werewolves during a full moon. Werewolves would be able to much more easily co-exist among humans than vampire.

"It says in werewolf folklore that they do not live forever so my argument to Vampires living longer still stands."
And thus my morality/philosophy argument of being bored and unable to die still stands as well.

Let the floor side with me and VOTE CON.