cavalier_youthx
missbailey8

Vegan or Meat eater? And why?

missbailey8

cavalier_youthx

Pro

As a meat eater, I have always made fun of vegans and their usually extreme vegan behaviour, I've always been outraged by them trying to 'force' their opinions on me.
However, today, I came to a realisation.
I have recently seen a lot on Facebook about the Chinese dog meat festival in October, and of course this outraged and disgusted me, as a dog owner and lover, I couldn't stand the thought of someone hurting a dog. They're so loving and kind and gentle, they have their own personalities and their own feelings and thoughts and anyone hurting these creatures hurts me deeply. I just couldn't understand how anyone can eat a dog, and the thought turned my stomach. Of course I was signing petitions, putting outraged statuses on Facebook and trying to make anyone and everyone listen to me and sign these petitions with me to stop this mindless slaughter.
THEN it dawned on me. Why vegans are always so... out there... In your face. Because they care. They care about all animals the way I care about dogs.
Who am I to decide that, because I don't keep a cow as a pet, it has any less right to life than my dog. Every animal is slaughtered the same, kept in captivity the same and tortured the same. The thought of this happening to a dog, the thought of eating a dog, made me sick to my stomach & that's when I realised that every other animal is just the same as my little baby. They have feelings, thoughts and a personality just the same. Who am I to decide that one animal should be slaughtered whilst one should live a happy life as it should? All animals deserve to live. And as soon as this dawned on me, I realised the thought of eating any meat sends me sick to my stomach, the thought of eating any product that an animal has suffered for makes me want to throw up.
I don't yet know if I will be able to stop eating meat, as my body is used to eating meat and may not cope well without. But the thought of eating it is now disgusting to me.
So I'd like to know if you're vegan, vegetarian or a meat eater, and why?
missbailey8

Con

I accept. I'll show the evidence as to why being a vegetarian is beneficial in my next round. Thank you.
cavalier_youthx

Pro

cavalier_youthx forfeited this round.
missbailey8

Con

Welp never mind.
cavalier_youthx

Pro

cavalier_youthx forfeited this round.
cavalier_youthx

Pro

cavalier_youthx forfeited this round.
cavalier_youthx

Pro

cavalier_youthx forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by ThinkBig 1 year ago
ThinkBig
cavalier_youthxmissbailey8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit