Veganism is a religion.

I don't understand how veganism can possibly be seen as a religion.

I get veganism is a religion argument a lot when talking about vegan issues. In fact, whenever I mention vegan concepts Christians around me shift uncomfortably. Communicating to me non-verbally they tolerate it but warning me not to idolize it.

This makes no sense to me. How can you idolize veganism? It is not even physical. Its not like its a different God or anything. There is no chanting nor worshiping.

Nevertheless, some of the most bitter and intense fighting erupts when a vegan claims another vegan is idolizing veganism. A normally peaceful community of vegans go into a civil war. Why is this? Why is brining up the issue of idolizing veganism the best way to get vegans to fight each other? I don't think it is possible for veganism to be a religion nor to idolize veganism.

Thanks for the debate.

Well, Veganism is not precisely a 'Religion' but may vary to take advantage on a specific religion. Like Islams or Muslims, they're not allowed to eat other specificated meats, cause their so called 'Allah' does not allow it Pertaining it to being a veganism. (For some others) As what were written for them-
"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah." So that's why Veganism is not a religion but 'Only' is an action taken if some foods are not allowed or for your wantings.

I'm not sure what my opponent said last round, sounded like my opponent was agreeing with me. I have to ask you for greater clarity next round please.

Eh OK. My grammar may sound sketchy, cause I'm not that good. What can you expect from a 13 years old. 😂

Veganism is not a religion. Its up to Pro to prove it is. Thanks for the debate.

Posted by vi_spex 2 months ago
that is religion.. they believe things, they dont base it on knowledge
Posted by iylabie 2 months ago
vegan is exactly not a religion though a term very much related to religious beliefs in islam certain meats and practices are not allowed but if looked upon by scientific perspective it will be shown that these practices and food items are not good for health actually.
similarly when comes to Hindus food is catagorized on the basis of the tasks or the duties they perform which again have a scientific approach.
So in actual vegan is not a religion its just a misinterpreted word which is used as an escape by certain people who just want to induce a fight and divide the communities
Posted by ThisIsMyUsername333 2 months ago
*though, not nth ouch
I don't think that they're uncomfortable with you "converting" to a "vegan religion;" it just says in the Bible that God made animals for humans, so it's going against what they believe.

Even with all that aside,nth ouch, I can't possibly see how veganism is a religion though.
Vote Placed by ConserativeDemocrat 2 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments: Pro typed this in round 1: "Well, Veganism is not precisely a 'Religion". This means he agrees with Con, conceding the debate.