Gazer10 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

I have grown up all my life eating meat. My brother is a vegan and he doesnt seem to mind us eating meat at dinner, but I have read forums where there are crazy vegans wishing death upon people for eating meat and they go off on random strangers for eating a hamburger and exaggerate its contents to show why veganism is the best option. This has given me a very bad opinion on vegans so I thought that maybe I would argue against veganism here to see what kinds of arguments people would post supporting veganism.

Me personally I am not a vegan, I love meat but I do understand vegans motives and their beliefs. Vegans are usually people who believe we can live in a cruelty free world. They treat animals as they are almost equal to themselves and act like every animal has feelings just like humans. Vegans know for a fact that each animal has their own friends and families and it would hurt them to know that they did that because just imagine if that happened to you. How would you feel if a superior being would start to eat your family? Vegans are trying their best to protect nature all around them and help protect basic animal rights which is a good thing, especially with an immoral way of killing animals for food. The way they currently slaughter them is that they take too long to actually kill them and make their death a rather painful death. Vegans want to see their deaths be as swift and as painless as possible.

For thousands of years our ancestors have slaughtered animals to eat. Without having done this, they wouldn't have been able to promote such successful agricultural societies, which in turn gave rise to large cities that contributed to the spread of knowledge and religion. Along with this, eating meat allowed us to grow bigger brains and decrease the size of our organs, as meat provided more energy. Experiments have actually been conducted that show vegan diets causes you to have bad memory and literally makes some people stupid. For example, a few groups of children in Africa were split and one had a vegan diet while the other had a meat diet. Increases in intellectualism were seen in the meat eating children while the vegan kids didn't really advance much but the variety showed poor test performances (link to article below). Despite many arguing how healthy a vegan diet may be, meat has many calories that are vital to the human body in producing much energy to complete daily tasks while in contrast a vegan must consume many plants in order to match up to the standards of a meat eater. In conclusion, without eating meat our IQ wouldn't have flourished and allowed us to create tools and develop ideas that would evolve in the future to become much greater.

African vegan children experiment:

Food For Thought: Meat-Based Diet Made Us Smarter:
Posted by TheBenC 2 weeks ago
I would eat any kind of meat possible, even human meat if it didn't have that strange aftertaste the last time.
Posted by missmedic 3 weeks ago
What do you call a part time vegetarian, a meat eater.