Agnostic_Meatatarian
DDhananjay

Veganism

Agnostic_Meatatarian

Agnostic_Meatatarian

Con

I am arguing veganism is so far not making a big enough impact on meat companies, as well as it is not more moral to not eat meat then it is to eat it, and lastly that we can use natural grazing methods to improve the environment.
DDhananjay

Pro

I firmly support the very fact of veganism. Humans are said to be social animals but today because of all sorts of nonsense rampant around they are far from being called the same. we social, mortal human beings shall always look forward to some sort of humanity towards each organ of this ecosystem and the animals are a valuable part of it. we cannot separate mothers from new born babies, in other words we cannot hurt them just for the sheer benefit of hardly 5 minutes. after all if you want to have proteins from meat; all sorts of pulses are a great source of it. then why shall humanity be killed for our so - called benefit?
Agnostic_Meatatarian

Con

I have no seen any proof that veganism is making an impact on meat companies, I asked many vegans over and over again when they try to say they are making a difference but never do I see proof of that. All I get them to say is "supply and demand" but that premise only works if enough people stop demanding which it seems they are not. Not because there can't be but because most people don't want to stop, if they don't want to stop eating meat then you will never get them to willfully stop demanding meat products. This precisely why I think not eating animal products to make change is a lost cause.
DDhananjay

Pro

I agree with the fact provided by my opponent, but as far as the topic "Veganism" is concerned, its not about thinking merely about people's will but also about those of animal. if force is used to teach a child good manners, its not at all violence, nor does it hollow the nature of that child, however, it creates a better society and a better human being. We talk so much about humanity in the present world, however we forget to question ourselves.
Be it through force or by love, people have to think about those poor animals; the latter one is although the better option, but, not the only.
Agnostic_Meatatarian

Con

The base of veganism is that we do not eat meat so that it will make change, but as I proved before no one can seem to show that it does. The only true way is to discard veganism and be pro activism to help the animals. I find since it will be a slow process the best way to start would be to have stricter regulations in farms for the betterment of the treatment of animals.
DDhananjay

Pro

I agree with the raised point of my opponent on the service of animals and I do believe that it is the base of "Veganism" however continuing killing of animals merely for meat purposes can no way support the con's statement of serving animals.

How can one serve animals by continuing to kill them. We speak a lot of humanity, but, these are the times when our true so called humanity is revealed. I fail to understand, how can killing and serving go on together ..... a deep question ! I hope to have proved my point with numerous arguments.

I thank the opponent for a well balanced debate on the topic. I look forward to many such good debates in future.
Posted by PreferNotToBeLabeled 2 years ago
PreferNotToBeLabeled
Main reason vegan doesn't make an impact: Meat is to dang tasty :3
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Agnostic_MeatatarianDDhananjayTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made to many grammatical errors so that point goes to Con. Pro failed to meet the BOP and also argeed with most of Con's arguments thus swaying the points for arguments into Con's favor.