MrLiberal
iruini09

Vegetarianism is a scam.

iruini09

MrLiberal

Con

I have been having an argument with a friend of mine about vegetarianism and why it is a scam. He, being vegetarian, totally ignored me. Whether you're vegetarian or not, please try to hear me out.

My main argument revolves around one concept, the death of the animal. Vegetarians are against the death of animals and consider it animal cruelty. But think about it from a neutral perspective. If you walk past the meat isle in a grocery store and buy nothing, the animals(s) have still died. Whether it's you eating it or somebody else, that pig or cow or chicken is dead. Who eats it is irrelevant.

In a way, it's actually better to eat than to than to abolish it. If nobody eats the meat, the animal has died without purpose. It may as well have been drowned in a river. If you took a bullet to the head,would you rather take it to save your child or because some whacko got bored?

So, vegetarians, don't pretend to be the only good innocent people of the world. There is nothing wrong with eating meat, learn to accept that. You aren't saving he animal, you're just pretending that by ignoring it, it isn't dead. Well, you're wrong. Vegetarianism is and will always be a con!
iruini09

Pro

My opponent said that when you walk by a meat section and buy nothing, the animal(s) still have died, but when more people eat meat, there is a bigger demand for it and more animals die. If there are more vegetarians in the world, less meat is consumed. When less meat is eaten, the demand goes down and less animals die.

Vegetarians are not always vegetarians for animal rights. Some vegetarians don't eat meat for health reasons. Meat increases cholesterol. Too much cholesterol clogs up arteries, and blood can't flow. When blood can't flow, you die. Some vegetarians don't want high cholesterol. They want to live. Is that too much to ask?

I would like my opponent to clarify their argument, " If you took a bullet to the head,would you rather take it to save your child or because some whacko got bored?" doesn't even make sense.

Lastly I would like to say that being a vegetarian is someones choice. If my opponent doesn't like that, he/she doesn't have to be one, but he/she doesn't have to say it's wrong to be one. And that's why my opponent is wrong.
MrLiberal

Con

MrLiberal forfeited this round.
iruini09

Pro

exactly, nothing to argue.
MrLiberal

Con

MrLiberal forfeited this round.
iruini09

Pro

iruini09 forfeited this round.
MrLiberal

Con

MrLiberal forfeited this round.
iruini09

Pro

iruini09 forfeited this round.
MrLiberal

Con

MrLiberal forfeited this round.
iruini09

Pro

iruini09 forfeited this round.
Posted by MrVan 3 years ago
MrVan
Pro doesn't seem to understand that he should be taking the stance that vegetarianism is a scam.
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
MrLiberaliruini09Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Thank you Pro. You defended vegetarianism quite well. We are indeed fighting an "already won argument." Obviously that's not why I'm voting for you, but it helps :) Bad conduct to forfeit, Con. Sources I will take to mean in this particular debate evidence, which Pro through argumentation gave.