midnightJZ
Lady_Lucinda

Vending machines should be available to students in schools.

midnightJZ

Pro

1. Putting vending machines in schools doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll put unhealthy food in them. Just because businesses normally put chips and soda, doesn’t mean schools have to. Schools vending machines could offer any variety of healthy alternatives (i.e., baked chips, crackers, water, Gatorade) that wouldn’t “health conscious mommy’s” sensibilities.

2. Students staying after school might want to have a snack before they go to practice/tutorials. Of course one could argue that they should have backed a lunch, but it should still be an option that if students are staying after school for extended periods of time (i.e., I stay after school until almost 7pm) they should have the option to get more food and water they’re sure is safe (as in not from a water fountain.)

3. If a student forgets their I.D. card, they have an option to at least get a snack from the vending machine. In my school district, as a high school student, in order to purchase lunch, you have to have your school I.D. So kids who forget their I.D.s don’t have an option to eat. Having a vending machine could help them get through the rest of the day.

Lady_Lucinda

Con

Good Morning/Afternoon reader I want to thank you for taking your time today to read this debate. I would also like to thank MidnightJZ for starting this debate and I wish you good luck.

I would first like to say that you have no Debate as Vending Machines are allowed in school. Both the British and American governments endorse the use of Vending Machines as long as they are cost effective and healthy. Therefore I deem this debate to be pointless.

However in my school vending machines were just taken away after people broke into them and in some cases removed food and replaced it with contaminated food leading to an outbreak in illness. In some cases orange juice was contaminated by the bottles being urinated in. This is an example of why Vending Machines do not work in public school environments were hooligans are an issue.

-Lady Lucinda -
midnightJZ

Pro

I would like to think Lady Lucinda for accepting this debate before addressing her case.

My opponent’s first argument is that I don’t have a debate because my resolution is invalid, making the debate pointless.

I would like to make a reference to a section of the National Conference of State Legislator website, where they mentioned that some schools were worried about competitive foods. “Competitive foods are defined by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) as foods offered at school other than meals served through USDA school meal programs-school breakfast.” (http://www.ncsl.org...)

Also, in reference to the issue at your school… That’s revolting. If you’re entire argument is based on a few sick puppies decided to pee in other people’s food for kicks and giggles, then it’s basically null. The fact that they have vending machines in regular public situations (and millions of people use them without getting sick) means that they also could work in a schooling situation. The issue of dealing with misbehaving kids is an entirely different debate.

Lady_Lucinda

Con

Lady_Lucinda forfeited this round.
midnightJZ

Pro

midnightJZ forfeited this round.
Lady_Lucinda

Con

Lady_Lucinda forfeited this round.
Posted by Lady_Lucinda 4 years ago
Lady_Lucinda
Hello The Instigator not to seem rude but Vending Machines are used widely within schools and are in fact endorsed by the American and British government providing they have cheap healthy food available. So I am afraid you have no debate.
Posted by ockcatdaddy 4 years ago
ockcatdaddy
in my school we have 7 vending machines some with juice gatorade others with gum ande candies and pop-tarts, some even has flavored water in them.