theargumenter
Declanaitor

Viola's the best instrument of the orchestra,

theargumenter has forfeited round #2.
Started: 4/18/2017 Category: Music

theargumenter

Pro

Hello,

My name is the argumenter, and i'd like to propose a statement that would better and make the Viola's bullying and riduculing to stop. I am a violist myself and here's what i'd like to show.

1. Viola is as good as Violin/Cello
2. Viola can be BETTER than Violin/Cell0
3. The Viola is needed in the orchestra
4. The Viola needs more solo appearances,

to backup one of my statements, I'd like to start off with the sound of the Viola.

the viola has a wonderful earth sound, and is a alternate to the violin. Many people like to joke about the viola and it's sound but I'd like to oppose that thought. The viola has the same strings as the violin, G, D, A. Although I believe the sound is much more earthy and deep. The viola is the middle of the strings instruments, having both strings as Cello and Violin, and can be played as both repretoire.

Thanks,

I rest my case.
Declanaitor

Con

A viola is like a horse without a saddle, a boat without a paddle.
If you just have a viola standing out in a band, it won't play well at all. The bass and cello can go to super low notes. Violas can't do that. And why do you think there are more known violinists out there. It is because it is better then viola. I used to play viola. I switched to the bass because the viola makes an annoying sound and you don't have to work hard to be good at it. The viola is the easy less sound quality way out.

I rest my case...