Sidnix111
Vishva

Violence can change a person more than kindness.

Sidnix111

Pro

In this generation of ..lets say...ruthlessness, kindness has almost no place in everyday people's lives. A person who is remorseless, and only cares about himself, kindness will not make a dent let alone bring a change in that man's character. But violence is a completely different matter. Criminals who are interrogated , and those who have broken, there is always some kind of violence behind their breaking....
Vishva

Con

This argument depends on the way you change a person. Is this physically changing, or mentally. I, for one, believe in mind over matter and believe that time,love,kindness and patience can drastically change a person mentally, and in some cases physically. A remorseless and selfish person CAN be changed, it may just take a long time.
Sidnix111

Pro

I seriously apologize if my English is not up to the mark.... Firstly, you said kindness and love CAN change a person. Yes, I totally agree with you..but violence WILL bring a change in the person on whom it is inflicted on, it may be for better or for worse, but it DOES bring a change. For a bit of violence, a lot of kindness is required to reverse that effect. It doesn't matter what kind of change takes place, let it be physical or mental. When a person experiences a beat down on the streets or has a vehicular accident ( which bring both physical and mental violence) , he or she needs a lot of therapy to come back to normal or even close to normal.
Vishva

Con

Vishva forfeited this round.
Sidnix111

Pro

In the comments, D.Advocate wrote that Jesus influenced us with kindness. Yes, thats true...but he also said when someone slaps you, turn the other cheek. As if that is being practiced everywhere. Now regarding the matter of violence affecting people more than kindness, how much of kindness is seen or printed in the newspapers? But everyday we hear of hundreds of crimes committed. Rare cases like Malala and Kailash Satyarthi come out. But other than that how much do you hear of kindness being practiced everyday?? Its because the readers like reading more about violence and killing rather than kindness and love. Thats my opinion.
Vishva

Con

Vishva forfeited this round.
Sidnix111

Pro

Sidnix111 forfeited this round.
Vishva

Con

Vishva forfeited this round.
Sidnix111

Pro

Sidnix111 forfeited this round.
Vishva

Con

Vishva forfeited this round.
Posted by D.Advocate 2 years ago
D.Advocate
Even if Jesus may have been a myth he was kind and he taught, to love our enemies even going as far as demonstrating this love in front of all as he was dying by asking God to forgive them. You wanted to talk about kindness having an impact. I think humanity is still being affected.
Posted by mg2 2 years ago
mg2
This debate is better. I hate seeing long texted debates which are just from the references in GOOGLE.
Posted by Sidnix111 2 years ago
Sidnix111
Yes....my English might be unreadable....... but my point is very much VALID.
Posted by RealCS 2 years ago
RealCS
I agree that violence should be used in alot of cases, especially world revolution, but what you are saying is currently baseless and almost unreadable.