Comrade_Ulyanov
personguy4

Violent Video Games

Comrade_Ulyanov

Comrade_Ulyanov

Con

Thank you, Personguy4 for debating! I wish you good luck in your first debate.
__________________________________________________________________
In this debate I will be debating against violent video games. I know that Personguy4 is a active video gamer, so I thought this would be a good debate for him and I.
1. Bad Influence
Although video games have ratings, (E, E10+, T, M) most people do not follow this. Some parents let their children play games that they are not ready for. I know some kids when I was about 12 that were allowed to play any game they want, and listen to any kind of music they want. And most of these kids were so immature they were rated to act like 1st graders. These kids continuously used harsh language, and talk so much of war and death, it took a toll on them. They failed school, and were even denied by their parents. This is a effect of violent video games. These kids also are sexist, racist, and so rebellious. I remember that one got expelled from school, and...well lets just say a very large situation with the police for assault and attempted murder of a fellow classmate for a mere accidental push in the school halls. I was friends with this kid before this incident, before he acted like that. It appears he was starting to get addicted to video games.
If you don't think that is not bad influence, then what is for you?
Children playing violent video games for long periods of time:
- Tend to be more aggressive
- Are more prone to confrontation with their teachers
- May engage in fights with their peers
- See a decline in school achievements (http://www.pamf.org...)
_____________________________________________________________________
This is the introduction for the debate, I will add more detail in the next rounds.
Good luck!
personguy4

Pro

Video games do have game ratings, But inorder to buy a M rated game you need an ID showing that you are 17+ or you need to be with an adult. The kids you are talking about, Your going to need to give me more information on how they acted like 1st graders.There are people that are like 20 years old that might want to play a M rated game. The kids your talking about are problobly just trying to be cool (witch their propblobly not.) & get peoples attention to they can be populor(witch their propblobly not.). But who knows how they act outside of school, they could be their regular self. Their actions might not have anything to do with violent video games, it could be that they are having trouble with someone or something like that.
Playing violent video games can make some adolescents more hostile, particularly those who are less agreeable, less conscientious and easily angered. But for others, it may offer opportunities to learn new skills and improve social networking.
... The teenagers who were highly neurotic, less agreeable and less conscientious tended to be most adversely affected by violent video games, whereas participants who did not possess these personality characteristics were either unaffected or only slightly negatively affected by violent video games. (http://www.annarbor.com...)
_____________________________________________________
Good luck and I can't wait for the next round to see what you say.
Comrade_Ulyanov

Con

But in order to buy a M rated game you need an ID showing that you are 17+ or you need to be with an adult"
This is irrelevant, I know a 16 year old that bought a few Mature rated game without ID. Also, this was not part of my original argument. My point was some parents were knowingly buying these games for their children.

"...on how they acted like 1st graders."
This is not related to the debate.

"...like 20 years old that might want to play a M rated game."
Again, this has nothing related to this game.

"The kids your talking about are problem just trying to be cool..."
False, they did this when no one was around as well.

"...get peoples attention to they can be popular"
Once again, they got popular because they were held back several times and most of them are still in that grade. This is also a unnecessary comment, because I in detail explained how violent video games effected this.

"But who knows how they act outside of school, they could be their regular self."
Once again, I did. They acted the exact same as they did in school. That WAS their regular self's.

"...that they are having trouble with someone or something like that."
Once again, I explained in detail on how this was caused by video games. I know a few people before they started playing them, and they were very normal and non-violent. Not much I have to say, because you don't have any information to support this.

"But for others, it may offer opportunities to learn new skills and improve social networking"
This is not part of what I was debating about. My argument was about how violent video games can effect children who are not mature enough to play them. But, I do not deny this. Because it is true.

"The teenagers who were highly neurotic, less agreeable and less conscientious tended to be most adversely affected by violent video games"
Exactly, this is what my debate is trying to prove.
____________________________________________________________________________
Seeing that the Con has not proved much information that proves relevant, I will end my argument for round 2 here. Good luck to the con.
personguy4

Pro

...on how they acted like 1st graders.
This is not related to the debate." If this is not related to the debate then why did you post it? Also notice that your entire debate from round 2 is just what I said and then a comment, nothing that relates to the debate.
"This is irrelevant, I know a 16 year old that bought a few Mature rated game without ID." That is impossible. You need to have an ID to buy a M rated game. He problobly went with a parent/ Guardian. The cashiers at game stores (gamestop, ect.) ask for your ID when you are buying the game. Even if you reserved it and it's rated M you still need an ID or to be with an adult. Also I know there are games that are inappropriete from immature children, but if their parents trust their children to not act like that and tell all of their friends exactly what happens in that game that is inappropriete then they may play those M rated games.
Comrade_Ulyanov

Con

If this is not related to the debate then why did you post it"
It added on to what my comments were at the time. What your comment on it was completely unrelated. You claimed that 'You need to describe in more detail on how they acted like 1st graders'. This is unrelated to the debate.

"That is impossible. You need to have an ID to buy a M rated game. He problem went with a parent/ Guardian"
Not always true. There is a large market online with no ID requirements. Also, this is still an unrelated comment to the topic.

Take Note: In round 1 I said that this debate was about children who are immature enough to play the games. And I added quite more detail then that in both rounds 1 and 2.

"Also I know there are games that are inappropriate from immature children, but if their parents trust their children to not act like that and tell all of their friends exactly what happens in that game that is inappropriate then they may play those M rated games"
This is a very confusing run-on sentence. Most the time the parents do not know how the children act away from them. Some parents even embrace letting the children act like this.

Since the Con has failed to provide any related, or useful supportive information for his arrgument, then my arrgument will end here.
personguy4

Pro

This is a very confusing run-on sentence. Most the time the parents do not know how the children act away from them. Some parents even embrace letting the children act like this." That is because some parents let their children do whatever they want, including: skiping school, buying M/AO rated games, ect. This causes children to act ignorant and unruly. My chance of winning: 20% of 100%.
Posted by ChuckHenryII 6 years ago
ChuckHenryII
personguy, you are a complete idiot who shouldn't even be allowed on this site. I think I actually lost IQ points for reading this debate.
Posted by Comrade_Ulyanov 6 years ago
Comrade_Ulyanov
This was not the kind of debate I was hoping for. It was not in detail, and I belive I should have desided a better opponent. No offence intended to him.
Vote Placed by loboboy 6 years ago
loboboy
Comrade_Ulyanovpersonguy4Tied
Vote Placed by Doctor_Murray 6 years ago
Doctor_Murray
Comrade_Ulyanovpersonguy4Tied
Vote Placed by Comrade_Ulyanov 6 years ago
Comrade_Ulyanov
Comrade_Ulyanovpersonguy4Tied
Vote Placed by personguy4 6 years ago
personguy4
Comrade_Ulyanovpersonguy4Tied