Merlin101
AmeenDebateLord

Violent video games be banned?

Started: 11/29/2014 Category: Games

Merlin101

Con

I am doing this for a project at school. I don't think they should be banned because parents buy the games for the kids but don't check the games rating and what it contains. I am willing to argue on this just to see someone else's point of view so argue please.
AmeenDebateLord

Pro

Thank you for having me. I am a !of so don, thy inknim some old person sick of video games. Look at modern teenagers. how are they using their lives?By playingnvideo games 24\7 again not all of them but a majority. Sometimes I take a book to a park and sit beside someone playing on their IPad. I try to show them that books are way better than a game were you don't earn anything. I swear, if I were to ever be a president/king banning video games is one of the first thing I would do. I wish there was never video games in my life. Everyday I would go outside play with my friends learn all my neighbours. And if I was ever bored I would ho read or research something. Now I'm in the UAE one of the most obese countries in the world.And that comes from the lack of exercise . All of the locals here have 5 iPads and 6 playstaytions,. And if you ever see. One he has to be fat no excuses. Back to you
Merlin101

Con

Okay I understand what you are saying but I am talking about violent games I play games like pokemon and Mario but I still manage to exercise and manage my time accordingly. But with games like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto people believe these games should be banned because they cause violence or they waste peoples time. Now my argument is that these games do not cause violence and because of this should not be banned. Games are rated accordingly such as E for everyone T for teens M for mature and AO for adults only, but I see kids at ages like 10 or younger playing M rated games at these ages children are not ready for the level of violence and then parents do not try to tell the kids that this is a game and should not be applied to real life situations. Parents for one thing do not look at these ratings nor do they seem to care but when a kid starts acting un-accordingly the parents blame the games. The way children act depends on what they are taught but teaching is something parents are not doing lately. Also about them being lazy or always being on the system is also on the parents I am not trying to shove the blame on someone else but am trying to prove a point, manage your child's time on electronics, make them do chores, or set a certain amount of time to do something else like read a book or rake the yard. My brother is like this, lazy, and preferring not to do anything but game all day, well my mother has been restricting all his games and making him do chores around the house and he has been getting more active. Try not to blame companies for children not doing anything or acting violent for children are not being taught how to act, how to do things, or how be active. Sorry my argument is this long I am trying to make a speech at school and it has to be like 5 pages.
AmeenDebateLord

Pro

AmeenDebateLord forfeited this round.
Merlin101

Con

Merlin101 forfeited this round.
AmeenDebateLord

Pro

AmeenDebateLord forfeited this round.