Rockstarr1
Liquidus

Violent video games really cause bad behavior in children.

Liquidus

Rockstarr1

Pro

According the American Psychological Association, violent video games can increase children's aggression. So when kids have anxiety, which they do, instead of soothing themselves, calming themselves, talking about it, expressing it to someone, or even expressing it emotionally by crying, they tend to externalize it. They can attack something, they can kick a wall, they can be mean to a dog or a pet." Additionally, there's an increased frequency of violent responses from children who play these kinds of video games.

Violent video games don't teach kids moral consequences. "If you shoot somebody in one of these games, you don't go to jail, you don't get penalized in some way — you get extra points!"
Liquidus

Con

I agree with you. I meant to comment but accidentally accepted your debate challenge. UGH. Im sorry, but, since I have no choice, I will play devils advocate.

My argument? I have played many violent video games and I dont do anything violent at all. Im all "free love" lol.
Rockstarr1

Pro

That is okay, just don't get all serious like some people do. LOL
My Argument is:
1. A person over the age of seventeen is not an adolescent.
2. You probably have the mental capacity to not go crazy and kill people.
3. If you did go crazy and kill people you would probably blame your violent video games. LOL
I am not saying that no one should play crazy violent video games because I have. Just should not get their hands on them, just like children shouldn't watch pornographic movies.
(Well let just go with It, I'm not mad maybe I can get a few laughs out of this "argument".)
Liquidus

Con

lol I agree, but I will do my best to give you a good debate.

1. A person over the age of 17 is considered an adult in the realm of entertainment. Ergo, no argument.

2. You stated that "You probably have the mental capacity to not go crazy and kill people." This argument helps to support my claim of "violent video games do not contribute to violence" Most people do have the mental reasoning capabilities to know right from wrong.

3. Your third claim supports mine as well. You claim that people blame their violent actions on video games. Because you used the term "blame" it is safe to assume that you meant that the actions were not actually caused by the video game itself.

Remind me, are you for or against the idea that violence is caused by video games? It seems a bit unclear lol

Anyway, have fun with your response!
Rockstarr1

Pro

Yes you, your self, can play any type of video game, but a 8-10 year old or younger shouldn't.

Simple, if you don't want your child to act like the man in "Grand Theft Auto" then do not let the child play with him.(LOL) The Grand Theft guy is such a roll mottle that he rides around with your child picking up hookers and killing people, cops, old lady's, and being as free as a mass murder would want to be!

Not only that at the end of the day your child grows, up around the age of 13, stealing cars, killing cat's, dogs, birds, selling drug, and finally he kills a cop and murders a hooker!!("WELL IN GRAND THEFT AUTO IT WAS OKAY")..
I guess the excuse is; the video game made me do it; but the child would have never had the idea in the first place.
Liquidus

Con

Hahaha, where exactly do you stand on this topic?
Rockstarr1

Pro

You know what I am saying.. BLAAAAAAAA!! You agree with me anyways smartness.. LOL
1) They would not have the excuse of "the devil made me do it" in the first place if there were no violent video games.
2) Damn it, you know what I am trying to say!
3) Kids do not have the mental power to control themselves.
4) You agree with me anyways.
100) Letting a child play violent video games is like someone letting a child watch a porno, or even a evidence tape taken at the scene of a murder.
1000) You agree with me anyways!!!! LOL

Statistic sites:
http://www.directhit.com...
www.lionlamb.org/media_violence_video_games.htm
(I am new at this, and I don't know if I am correctly linking sites.)

This kids mom took away his world of war game (violent game)LOLOLOLOL!!!!! Proof it self, really funny though.

Here is a video of a kid going crazy over a game not working properly. Just a little proof that video games it self has negative effects on children.
Liquidus

Con

I enjoyed this fun debate! lol it was awesome, we definitely need to do it again ;) BTW the videos were very funny!
Posted by Rockstarr1 5 years ago
Rockstarr1
I am a very bad debater. LOL!!!!
Posted by Rockstarr1 5 years ago
Rockstarr1
How did he have more convincing arguments than me? I do know that he has definitely better grammar, but he did not argue. LOL it was fun though.
Posted by Rockstarr1 5 years ago
Rockstarr1
It is pretty bad if he agreed with me and I am losing!! BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Posted by Renascor 5 years ago
Renascor
Hahahha your funny :)
Posted by Rockstarr1 5 years ago
Rockstarr1
Playing a video game can be an addiction ( I know for a fact my mom is on facebook all day log). the first kid looks like he is going though some type of withdrawal or something. Both children are prone to murder someone or something over the video game. I should have put the video with subtitle's because the German kid was saying, "get this s*** out of the way, Load G** D*****, (and when it started playing) HAHA I will kill you, I kill you, I kill you". When he lost The game he started to brake the key board.
Posted by Liquidus 5 years ago
Liquidus
Its like those kids are high or something lol
Posted by Rockstarr1 5 years ago
Rockstarr1
OMG!!!! On the first video 1:11, EWWWWWW!!!!!!! I did not notice that until I watched it again!!!!!LOL!!! EWWWWWW!!!
Posted by Rockstarr1 5 years ago
Rockstarr1
There are so many videos of kids going crazy because of games. WOW!!! lolololololol!!!!!!!!!
Vote Placed by Renascor 5 years ago
Renascor
Rockstarr1LiquidusTied
Reasons for voting decision: It was very evident that Con took the debate more seriously. It was also evident that Con organized arguments more so than Pro. In all, this was a seemingly futile.
Vote Placed by Crayzman2297 5 years ago
Crayzman2297
Rockstarr1LiquidusTied
Reasons for voting decision: very strange debate...