Violent videogames cause violence in players

The debate shall go as follows.

Round one-Acceptance
Round two-Main argument(s)
Round three-Rebuttals/supporting arguments
Round four-Rebuttals and conclusion-no new arguments

When I say violence I do not mean "a temporary increase in aggression" changes should be permanent and significant.
Evidence is required but logic is accepted where appropriate.
Burden of proof is on pro (my competitor) for reasons that should be obvious.
No freaking out-its the internet control yourself.

I look forward to debating and hope my competitor provides an interesting argument.

video games does not cause permanent games are there for your entertainment and to take money out of your wallet.Take the grand theft auto game series, in the game you could go around and mow down civilians with a truck, but that is YOUR decision.The game doesnt tell you to do that,you do it on your own.Studies have shown that certain violent video games actually causes a calm just depends what kind of person you are and how you were raised.

i look forward you your response

First of all I'd like to remind you that the first round was for acceptance, however I will let your argument slide since you spent about as much time arguing my side as yours. If you didn't already know you are arguing as pro, not con or apathetic. On to the debate then.

97% of teens play video games (99% of boys 94% of girls) according to a 2008 pew study. When the teens (12-17) were asked what their three favorite games were Halo 3 came in second with 104 mentions and GTA (no specific version) came in 8th with 58 mentions. With such a large amount of video game players who are playing violent video games (in their most impressionable years no less) why is it that so few people are psychopaths and murderers/rapists/harassers? Not only that, but as video game popularity has grown teen violence (10-24) has gone down, from 850.8 arrests per 1000 in 1995 to 423.1 arrests per 1000 in 2011*. Correlation of course doesn't necessarily mean causation, but it seems pretty strange that there would be a negative trend if violent games did cause violence, what could possibly be so significant a factor in crime that it would both decrease crime and eliminate video games effect in it. I'd like to see you find this magical element that is reducing crime (and find proof that games cause violence) it would be pretty interesting I assume.

*Note: This is only for males, girls have remained pretty much stationary, but this might actually help my case as, again according to pew, males were more likely to play violent video games and to play games frequently.

Over to you pro.

relevantviolinist forfeited this round.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make a repost.

relevantviolinist forfeited this round.

relevantviolinist forfeited this round.
Posted by Youth 2 years ago
Relevantviolinist, I believe you're supposed to argue that violent video games do cause violence in players?
Posted by L.D 2 years ago
LOL this is too funny.
Posted by relevantviolinist 2 years ago
I strongly believe that video games do not cause permanent violent behavior.
Posted by Carthage 2 years ago
Relevantviolinist, please pay attention to which side you are debating. Thank you.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.