Luis_Zuniga
calvansea

Virgin Mary became the Mother of God (debate for respectful Christians only)

Luis_Zuniga

Pro

Jesus was both man and God.

Thus, Virgin Mary, by grace, became the mother of that Jesus.

I look forward your edifying argument.

calvansea

Con

Nah Mary is the mother of Jesus who is the son of God. therfore Mary is not Gods wife but just the mother of his child
Luis_Zuniga

Pro

It seems like my counterpart agrees with me.
calvansea

Con

i dont understand you are arguing that mary is the mother of God, but she isnt she is the mother of gods son. dont know why you would bother arguing about this topic
Luis_Zuniga

Pro

I see. Your statement just prompted a side argument: Mary delivered the son of God which wasn't God himself (Nestorianism).

Thus, it is your duty to prove Jesus was not God.

Good luck!
calvansea

Con

calvansea forfeited this round.
Luis_Zuniga

Pro

I really don"t understand what rule must be followed if your counterpart forfeits. So, I suppose I must go on.

With no argument against mine, Mary is by grace, the Mother of God, since Jesus was both man and God. Jesus did incarnate through Mary"s flesh, and Jesus was declared by the Holy Ghost through Elizabeth, a fruit of the womb of Mary.
calvansea

Con

calvansea forfeited this round.
Luis_Zuniga

Pro

Luis_Zuniga forfeited this round.
calvansea

Con

calvansea forfeited this round.
Posted by Luis_Zuniga 2 years ago
Luis_Zuniga
Just another plot of Catholicism", you say?

It' a shame Jesus didn't read tour comment when he resurrected and told the apostles: "Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained".
Posted by Luis_Zuniga 2 years ago
Luis_Zuniga
Cheyenebody,

Prove tour statement, "Even in Jesus's ministry she defied him with his brothers and even called him a lunatic".
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Mary is the mother of his body, the man part. Jesus always was and always is.If Jesus had failed, and he could have, Mary would have been cast into the lake of fire with all the rest of us.The book of Ephesians says all of the saints have been raised up together with Jesus and made to sit with him in heavenly places. All of us. Now we treat her with respect as we do all the saints of God.Even in Jesus's ministry she defied him with his brothers and even called him a lunatic. .He even refused to go out side in one of his meetings to meet with her. He said, " who are my mother, brothers and sisters, those who do the will of my Father.?"

Nowhere in the bible does it say Mary and Joseph never had sexual intimacy. It says they did not till Jesus was born. That is all.

Just another ploy of Catholicism to promote others over the ONLY mediator between God and man, Jesus, the Messiah.
Posted by Luis_Zuniga 2 years ago
Luis_Zuniga
Rubix: this conflicts with branches of Christianity like Baptists and Pentecostals.
Posted by Rubikx 2 years ago
Rubikx
I don't see what the debate is about? There doesn't seem to much conflict here. She gave birth to him, she's his mother. Where's the debate?