Adam2isback
randomman22

Visigoths should not be considered Hispanic

Adam2isback

Pro

Those people have always in the history of racism in America been considered white. The first documented case of racism against Hispanics, was against man named Longoria, not a Gomez, a Sanchez. Visigoths are Germanics, from the Germanic tribe named the Visigoths who conquered Spain in the Middle Ages. Not Spanish.

First of all, those people typically act white, cause they are white. They don't say "bro" the way a Rivera (which I am partially) or Santiago will. They act white, they are white. I don't understand how people consider them Hispanic names. Also, it should be noted that of all who started the "Classificacion 80" it was all with true Spanish names like Estess, Garcia, Delgado, Rivera. The Visigoths also love "Friends" too, just for a note, unlike us "Seinfeld"-watching Spanish.
But anyways, for those reasons, they should not be considered Spanish or Hispanic.
randomman22

Con

I will accept your debate.

Seeing as the Visigoths are in fact a Germanic tribe, they themselves are not Spanish. Yet the descendants of the Visigoths would have to be considered Spaniards seeing as they were born into the country of Spain. I have no idea why you brought Hispanics into this debate seeing as they are more of a culture than a race. As for the entire "acting white" proposition. Please clarify how someone exactly acts white.

Adam2isback

Pro

Adam2isback forfeited this round.
randomman22

Con

I will forfeit this round in order to give my opponent a chance to post his argument.
Adam2isback

Pro

Thank you. It was an error. Visigoths are not Spanish at all. They're white. In the USA, until recently, Visigoths were considered white. Mexican surnames for the 1950s were typically Rodriguez, Sanchez, Gomez, Lopez, etc.

The first case of actually documented racism in the 1950s against Mexicans was against a non-Visigoth with the last name Longoria.
Felix Z. Longoria
randomman22

Con

I don't understand your argument. Why did you bring racism into this argument? It is irrelevant to determining if Visigoths are Spanish. You do also realize Mexicans and Spaniards are different people. The Spanish are from Spain. Mexico and the United States have nothing to do with determining is the Visigoths are Spanish. Do a little more research, before starting an argument on this topic.
Adam2isback

Pro

My point is made. Vote pro.
randomman22

Con

His argument made no sense. Vote con.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
This can't be for real.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Pretending not to know what a logical fallacy is, when directly pointing out how they're not True Scotsmen, and using so much circular reasoning... Fantastic.
Posted by Adam2isback 1 year ago
Adam2isback
Ragnar
If you mean that it's not facts, then no, wrong...
Posted by Adam2isback 1 year ago
Adam2isback
Why is it fallacious, Ragnar?
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Impressive parody on fallacious arguments. I hope the condender catches it and follows suit.