JackofSpade
RonnyJ

Vladimir Putin is on the verge of becoming or creating the next Hitler.

RonnyJ

JackofSpade

Pro

Is this agreeable
RonnyJ

Con

I accept your debate. Please put forward your argument in favour of this statement.
JackofSpade

Pro

The characteristics that Hitler possessed are seen in Putin.This man is absolutely merciless and a complete communist on the verge of world conquest.With the USA on the verge of collapse this man can easily start asserting himself as a higher world power.I believe it's just a matter of time.
RonnyJ

Con

Putin is nowhere near on the verge of world conquest. He can't even annex Crimea without facing massive opposition from the west. Not only that, Putin also faces massive internal issues within Russia, and it's clear that he doesn't have great support. Hitler, on the other hand, had clear support in Germany during the 1930s, and had the power to remove opposition very easily.
The main issue for your argument is that Russia no longer has the power and influence it once had in the past, and thus doesn't pose a great threat to the world. It doesn't have the military capability to achieve world conquest. In fact, I would argue that no one nation exists that could achieve anything close to world conquest, not even the USA.
Lastly, I'd like you to give evidence for the USA being on the verge of collapse. Although there is much distress within the country, I don't see it falling apart any time soon.
To conclude, I don't see in any way how Putin can assert himself as a higher world power.
JackofSpade

Pro

That's completely false Vladimir has been inside the Russian parliament very actively for the last 12 years.He served in the SVR and has taken a country by force.In this age in time that's a huge accomplishment.When times get tough take it back to draining over countries of resources.
RonnyJ

Con

I see your point, and it is true that Putin has taken the country by force. However, that doesn't mean he has the support he needs to keep Russia stable.
The problem is that Putin can only do so much with the power he has. Russia may be a large nation, but it can't contend with NATO when it comes to military power, so he won't be able to expand that far before facing a large amount of opposition.
JackofSpade

Pro

JackofSpade forfeited this round.
RonnyJ

Con

To conclude this debate, I see no real evidence for Putin becoming the next Hitler. Although he may be power hungry, he doesn't have the power to impose Russian dominance throughout the globe due to opposition from NATO. It is clear that he is nowhere near 'world conquest' as you said. Overall, I believe the argument put forward in favour of this idea was rather weak, and doesn't prove the point put forward at all.
Posted by biggest_pro_going 2 years ago
biggest_pro_going
hitter killed over 10,000,000 people, Putin is responsible for maybe 100, Obama killed more than that and people don't say he is Hitler.
Posted by JackofSpade 2 years ago
JackofSpade
Dictator as a ruthless,heartlless,cruel man who had the power to manipulate humans as his own self wanting needs being.
Posted by Biodome 2 years ago
Biodome
Define Hitler, please. If you mean a dictator, tyrant, someone who would commit crimes against humanity on the scale Hitler did, then that is the wording you should use.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
JackofSpadeRonnyJTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round.