bigtuna
Grape

Vocabulary Challenge

Grape

bigtuna

Pro

As stated in the topic, I would like this debate primarily judged on the criteria of who uses the best vocabulary as long as it still remains relevant.

Resolved: Guinea Pigs are a congenial introductory pet with regard to juveniles

Case:

1. Experiencing your pet flee or perish can be a portentous calamity for an adolescent. Guinea Pigs are docile and scarcely ever vacate, they ensconce solely if they are dismayed. This diminution of the probability of adolescent anguish constitutes the Guinea Pig.

2. Guinea Pigs tenure reputable proportion because they are capacious enough to fondle yet large enough to subsist plummeting from an adolescent's embrace. This also abates the probability of inadvertent quietus and sanctions the infant to relish the pet exceedingly because he/she can handle it.

3. Guinea Pigs are pretentiously convivial as they are cognizant amid the daytime and are ambrosial, venerating and magnanimous.
Grape

Con

Elucidation:

My adversary's voluminous verbiage, a superficially apparently astute exhibition of intellectual tenacity, is veraciously a sorrowful facade of depressing proportions. His dictional shortcomings are multitudinous and are obscured only by his purposeful employment of an esoteric means of communication, a device of intentional obfuscation. Vocabulary is an art, and my antagonist is a dilettante, a petty probationer, while I am rightfully the master poet. It would behoove him to relax his pretenses of adequacy and denounce his proclamations of legitimacy forthwith.

My opponent's limitation on the use of characters is a cowardly restriction, and so I shall circumvent it through means perhaps ignoble.

Case:

1. Cavia porcellus persistents approximately four to five solar revolutions before its eventual demise. Its emphemeral nature as an existent being makes it a foolhardly choice for the emotionally frail.

2. Cavia porcellus is infamous for its frailty; its corpus is cracked and its constitution is annihilated by even weak instances of gravitation attraction, a probable outcome in the possession of clumsy toddlers.

3. Canine species are superior to Cavia in so much as they exhibit the desired traits of personality without the physical shortcomings suffered by Cavia.

In conclusion, a 1000 character limit for this debate was a bad idea and get out of my level.

bigtuna

Pro

bigtuna forfeited this round.
Grape

Con

My opponent has clearly acknowledged my superiority and conceded as per my recommendation. Award all points to Con.
Posted by Grape 6 years ago
Grape
RFD: Conduct to myself because my opponent forfeited. Everything else was pretty equal.
Posted by bigtuna 6 years ago
bigtuna
I chose the debate topic just as something that could be easily challenged and debated, so yeah, I want the debate to be judged on vocabulary only
Posted by Grape 6 years ago
Grape
Perhaps I was under the false impression that the comments were not being judged?
Posted by Atheism 6 years ago
Atheism
"This sounds rather fun. I will get too it when I have the chance."
"Is this judged soley on vocabulary or does the debate matter also?"
To.
Solely.
Posted by Grape 6 years ago
Grape
Is this judged soley on vocabulary or does the debate matter also?
Posted by Grape 6 years ago
Grape
This sounds rather fun. I will get too it when I have the chance.
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
bigtunaGrapeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's choice and use of words was considerably more awkward. Con dished insults, worse conduct than the forfeit. Yes, i know it was to show off vocabulary, but insults are bad conduct. he might have heaped ridiculous praise.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
bigtunaGrapeTied
Vote Placed by Grape 6 years ago
Grape
bigtunaGrapeTied