GoOrDin
Midnight1131

Vote NDP

Midnight1131
Started: 10/19/2015 Category: Economics

GoOrDin

Pro

Vote NDP

legalizing prostitution is for the corrupt politicians.

Vote NDP

the Conservatives sell off government equity.

Vote NDP

they are Nationalists, not Private Investors.

Vote NDP,

for social equality.

The Liberals are Conservatives, and they are both only trying to help the filthy rich get whatever they want.
Midnight1131

Con

I accept this debate. Since my opponent gave arguments in the first round, I will too.

Contention 1: Impossible Spending Promises
The NDP have, throughout the entire campaign, tried to appeal to moderates. They've placed themselves on the left of the CPC, but on the right of the LPC, trying to bring in voters from both sides. However they've instead ended up as an akward midpoint between the two sides. This is evident in their plan for the budget. The CPC is firmly on the side of no deficit, while the LPC say they will run 2 deficits to fund their infrastructure spending. The NDP on the other hand has one of the costliest spending plans, and say they won't run a deficit, this leaves them without a reasonable way to pay for it. Some of the things they say they will do are...

• Increase healthcare spending

• Increase CSA funding

• Introduce a national daycare program

• Introduce a federal $15 minimum wage.

• Bring in the most refugees out of the 3 big parties

To fund for this they state they will...

• Raise corporate tax rates by 2 points

Maclean's magazine has already shown that it is very unlikely the NDP can fulfill their promises without running a deficit. The estimated amount of revenue generated by the corporate tax hike is estimated to by, according to the NDP, $3.7 billion [1]. The estimated cost for their plan however, has a cost of $5.8 billion. This is an unreasonable and unlikely spending plan that most likely will not work.

Contention 2: Strategic Voting
All left wing voters want one thing this election, the end of Stephen Harper as PM. The right will all rally to the CPC, because it's the only right wing party. The left wing on the other hand has 4 parties to choose from, the LPC, NDP, GPC, and the Bloc. Right now, to achieve the overall goal of getting Stephen Harper out of the office, the left must vote for the Liberal Party. Opinion polls [2], as you can see in the link below, have shown that they will most likely form a minority government, being 4-6 points ahead of the CPC. The NDP on the other hand have no chance of beating the Conservatives, because they stand, now, at 10% below them in polling. As you can see in the 2nd link provided.

Also, a little side note, the 2015 federal Canadian Election is being broadcast as I type this. And right now, the Liberals was EVERY SEAT IN ATLANTIC CANADA. That's 32 ridings out of the 170 they need for a majority that they already have, including 1 seat in Quebec. They have 33 ridings, while the rest of the parties sit at 0, at the moment. So it's obvious, the Liberals had the best chance of defeating the Conservatives before the election, and they delivered, they're defeating the Conservatives right now.
GoOrDin

Pro

No. NDP are the only people running a Government, Conservatives and Liberals are Privatized government equities. The NDP actually Run a government. Their Nationalists. Not perverts.
Midnight1131

Con

I'll start off with rebuttals of my opponents arguments. This will be pretty short, because they essentially provided none. First off, my opponent says that only corrupt politicians approve of legalizing prostitution. The thing is, prostitution is perfectly in line with our charter of rights and constitution, it's a woman's body and she can do with it whatever she wants. My opponent also provided no evidence that only the NDP will keep prostitution illegal. The Coservative Party is also strongly against legalizing prostitution.
Next my opponent states that the Coservatives sell off government equity. This statement is void without any evidence of the Conservatives actually doing or stating that they will do this.
After this my opponent states the NDP are nationalists, and not "private investors." First my opponent must prove that nationalism is a good trait for a party to have. It isn't always good, as it leads to expanionist governments and populations who have no respect for international boundaries, or anyone other than their own country. My opponent also showed no evidence that the LPC and CPC are "private investors."
Next my opponent states that only the NDP are for social equality, and that the LPC are trying to help the "filthy rich" get whatever they want. This is fundamentally wrong, the LPC are the only party that campaigned on a platform of raising taxes on the rich and lowering them for the middle class. This plan was the best one out of the major platforms when it came to welath inequality.

So to conclude, my opponent has made unsupported and blatantly false statements to support their premise.

My opponent has also dropped all my arguments, responding with only one word, "No." He also must prove that the CPC and LPC are "privatized gov't equities." He must, once again, prove that nationalists are good people to have in power, and I gave some reasons above as to why they're not.

The resolution is negated.
GoOrDin

Pro

GoOrDin forfeited this round.
Midnight1131

Con

Vote Con.
Posted by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
You should see if your email notifications are set properly.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
mother fawk. I missed three debate turns in the last 2 days... im not getting my notices or something I swear...
Posted by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
You said they were going to bring in refugees "without even checking them." It's clear, they are going to at least check them. What you said was wrong.
Posted by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
DId you actually read what they were going to do? The Libs and NDP want to bring 10k refugees immediately without the extensive background checks. Of course they are going to screen them, I didn't mean it like that, but the Conservatives are actually smart on this issue.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
tajshar2k

theya re going to not screen foreigners and bring them to Canad? ;:) HA

NDP. only party who cares.
Posted by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
Yeah... they're going to screen them. I thought that was obvious.
Posted by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
They want to bring Syrian Refugees without even checking them. What type of idiocy is that?
Posted by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
NDP are just sucking up to the muslim population to get votes, so no.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
go vote now. NDP.

prostitution is not a good thing, nor is drug culture.
Vote Placed by Lexus 1 year ago
Lexus
GoOrDinMidnight1131Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture. Pro barely supplied any arguments to vote NDP just that they can run a government; that holds no weight to the resolution. Con said they can't run a government because they can't fund their promises - that alone is enough to negate. Con's strategic voting argument holds no real impacts to it so I won't consider it when voting. Con has arguments standing, pro doesn't; easy vote to con.
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
GoOrDinMidnight1131Tied