mongeese
Tatarize

Vote bombing is an abuse of the voting system on Debate.org.

Tatarize

mongeese

Pro

I affirm the above resolution.

This first round will be for definitions and facts only; no conclusions or arguments.

Vote bombing - An action taken by members of Debate.org who make their votes on debates based off of information not pertinent to the debate at hand. Also,
"when a user (often times with multiple accounts) maliciously votes down all seven points to all of a rival's open debates."
http://debatefans.com...

Abuse - improper or excessive use or treatment (http://www.merriam-webster.com...)

Voting system on Debate.org - The system where members read debates, then select who of the two debaters they think deserves the points associated with each of four categories: spelling & grammar, conduct, convincing arguments, and reliable sources.
Tatarize

Con

Hey, votebombers... Mongeese is talking smack about you.

GET HIM!
mongeese

Pro

I'm back!

Anyways, the intention of the voting system was for the voters to determine who, in the debate, handled the debate the best by the criteria. By ignoring the criteria, and basing their votes on "information not pertinent to the debate at hand", vote bombers do not abide by the purpose and criteria of the voting system, which is improper and excessive, as they do it many times, so the resolution is affirmed.

Thank you for your patience.
Tatarize

Con

I think it remains to be shown that the intention of the voting system is, what my opponent claims it to be, or that the intentions of the voting system should play any role is how we vote. I intend my votes to influence the winner. I might just not like one person, think the debate was clever, see somebody make an interesting point and swing all my votes over to them.

In your idealized way of view the world are you really suggesting we vote like automatons? If I had to vote for people for other than wanting to vote for them, I would bore myself to death. While I don't support the idea of registering multiple accounts to cheat the vote, I will vote however I damn well choose. If that involves loading up 40 debates and voting for you in all of them, that's fine.

You speak heavily of the purpose of the voting system. Like using it against it's purpose is going to cause the world to crumble. The voting system assigns 7 points to people. Use them however you like. It's much more entertaining. You don't need to go QQ just because some people are going to vote you down for being a tool. You're not abusing the system by voting however you choose to vote.

PS. The voting system is going to end up putting names for who voted what direction eventually. So those of you voting against me, be warned... I'll know who you are. *eyes dart around*
mongeese

Pro

"I think it remains to be shown that the intention of the voting system is, what my opponent claims it to be, or that the intentions of the voting system should play any role is how we vote. I intend my votes to influence the winner. I might just not like one person, think the debate was clever, see somebody make an interesting point and swing all my votes over to them."
The intention of the voting is shown in the article, "How to Vote," found on this site.
http://www.debate.org...
"The next four questions break down a debaters score by looking at the four most important aspects of the debate. These questions are where the points come from. Remember, voting on Debate.org is based on fact and NOT on Opinion."
"Remember, the basis for decision should NOT include:
Opinions held you, but not mentioned by the debaters.
Conversation with any persons during or after the debate round.
Comments made by other members of the site. "
Thus, the point of the system is to get the points to the people who deserved them based on FACT, not OPINION, and opinions are one of the aspects of vote bombing.

"In your idealized way of view the world are you really suggesting we vote like automatons? If I had to vote for people for other than wanting to vote for them, I would bore myself to death. While I don't support the idea of registering multiple accounts to cheat the vote, I will vote however I damn well choose. If that involves loading up 40 debates and voting for you in all of them, that's fine."
I don't really care how you vote; I just want to point out that if you vote based on opinions, you are abusing the system.

"You speak heavily of the purpose of the voting system. Like using it against it's purpose is going to cause the world to crumble. The voting system assigns 7 points to people. Use them however you like. It's much more entertaining. You don't need to go QQ just because some people are going to vote you down for being a tool. You're not abusing the system by voting however you choose to vote."
You are abusing the system if you don't follow the guidelines laid out for how to vote.

"PS. The voting system is going to end up putting names for who voted what direction eventually. So those of you voting against me, be warned... I'll know who you are. *eyes dart around*"
My opponent is trying to threaten everybody who votes against him...

In conclusion, vote bombing is, in fact, an abuse of the voting system here on Debate.org, because the purpose was for debates to be won based on facts, and NOT opinions.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you vote, hopefully based on fact.
Tatarize

Con

The intention of the site as to how you should vote. That's not anything indicative of my intentions. I give my votes intention by intentionally voting however I choose. And abuse of the voting system would be if it were used in ways it wasn't intended. To use it to vote for people... oh... scandal! It isn't an abuse of the system to vote the way I want. At worst it's a use of the system.

There is a fairly useful motto which says "A difference that makes no difference is no difference." http://en.wikipedia.org... . When this debate completes, I'm going to vote down the line for myself. Likewise, let us suppose that somebody having read my arguments and findings that I've made superior arguments and votes down the line for me. Then we have two individuals who are doing the exact same thing. My vote is clearly abusive by your standards and this other individuals' vote will be exactly the same but not abusive.

This supposed abuse of the system, boils down to a thought crime.
Posted by Tatarize 8 years ago
Tatarize
Turned down the question as to proper voting protocol for comments after a debate.

Color me surprised! Wait, I'm not even remotely surprised. It was clearly wrong and hypocritical.
Posted by Tatarize 8 years ago
Tatarize
Further I have debate:
"Voters following proper voting protocol can take into account comments made after the debate."
http://www.debate.org...

Waiting to be offered upon response to the other pending request.
(I had to cancel and uncancel a bit to get it to save both debate stuff)
Posted by Tatarize 8 years ago
Tatarize
# Opinions held you, but not mentioned by the debaters.
# Conversation with any persons during or after the debate round.
# Comments made by other members of the site.

How does my comments here not meet the criteria of a conversation with any persons during or after the debate round? Further, I am "other members of the site" as well. It's a comment. It doesn't say "members not in the debate". -- You don't even have the letter of the rule to attack with. You're just wrong.
Posted by Tatarize 8 years ago
Tatarize
But not to include those comments in the comments section of the debate after the debate closed. You cannot attack the spirit of the rule with the letter of the rule.

Proper conduct dictates one should allow differences to be hashed out:
http://www.debate.org...

As such I offered the disagreement as a debate. I didn't complain or argument nonsense.
Posted by mongeese 8 years ago
mongeese
Actually, the voting was only said to exclude comments made by members not in the debate. You are part of the debate, so your comments count. And that was, seriously, offensive.
Posted by Tatarize 8 years ago
Tatarize
Further, since you're clearly deciding to abuse the voting system by claiming that comments are part of the debate and deciding that since I'm being offensive to books of mythology, therefore you're voting against me in the debate. Isn't your conduct reprehensible? Shouldn't you go back and vote for me on account of you being hypocritical and irrational in the comments here?
Posted by Tatarize 8 years ago
Tatarize
The truth should not be offensive.

My threatening people, was a joke, as I'm sure most people realized.

The condemnation of thought crime in anything does suggest it's an immoral bit of utter crap.

The comments are *NOT* part of the debate. Look at your own source, do you see the word comments?

Why is insulting a book, offensive to people?
Posted by mongeese 8 years ago
mongeese
"a splendid little argument that the Bible is immoral bit of utter crap."
That is the offending part.
Posted by Tatarize 8 years ago
Tatarize
Offensive? But, I'm right.

Thought crimes are evil.
-- Thought crimes are in the Bible! So you're wrong!
No, my original point stands and that's not an argument for thought crimes, it's an argument against the Bible.

Take a parallel:

Genocide is evil.
-- Genocide is in the Bible! So you're wrong!
No, my original point stands and that's not an argument for genocide, it's an argument against the Bible.

I am very aptly pointing out that DATCMOTO's argument is critically flawed.
Posted by mongeese 8 years ago
mongeese
Besides, anything in Comments is still in the debate.
Vote Placed by Tatarize 8 years ago
Tatarize
mongeeseTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
mongeeseTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by rougeagent21 8 years ago
rougeagent21
mongeeseTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by Maikuru 8 years ago
Maikuru
mongeeseTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
mongeeseTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by crackofdawn_Jr 8 years ago
crackofdawn_Jr
mongeeseTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by mongoose 8 years ago
mongoose
mongeeseTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by bookwormbill111 8 years ago
bookwormbill111
mongeeseTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by pewpewpew 8 years ago
pewpewpew
mongeeseTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by untitled_entity 8 years ago
untitled_entity
mongeeseTatarizeTied