Existentialreasonist
WheezySquash8

Voting is worth my time

WheezySquash8

Existentialreasonist

Con

I don't see why voting is worth my time. I think it's a waste of my time and the political system is not respectable. Capitalism is also a bad system that should be improved or changed completely.
WheezySquash8

Pro

Why do I only have 500 characters? Well anyways, voting is important because not only does it bring the community together, and it lets you have a say in your nation. Would you like somebody who you don't like to govern your nation? Probably not. Also, your Capitalism statement is mere opinion. Some nations would love to be able to vote on what their government does. Believe it or not, democracy isn't every wheres. Change the max characters please.
Existentialreasonist

Con

Yes but in our deepest humanity, is it really worth our time? Which is the topic of the debate. Comparing with other countries and the desires of other countries does not show why it is worth an individual's time in the grand scheme of things. One might say the opposite of your claims saying that "having a say is important but that doesn't mean that it should be worth your time as my politician is corrupt and pretty much robs members of society."
WheezySquash8

Pro

It is worth it. Even if you think that all politics are corrupt, that doesn't mean that voting is bad. As I said, voting brings the community, and can also help promote mental health, and also, since when are all politics bad? Yes, politics currently aren't the best, but some care about you. What proof do you have that ALL politicians are bad. There have been good politics such as JFK, FDR, and Lincoln. http://www.webmd.com...
Existentialreasonist

Con

Yes but as a human is it really worth one's time here on earth.
WheezySquash8

Pro

It is. It only takes 15-20 minutes of one's day to vote. If people have time to do hobbies, play video games, etc I think that it is possible to take 15-20 minutes of your day to vote. You have all day to vote, and honestly, why is it so hard to drive to the place where you vote, fill in what you think, and be done? The majority of people claim that they're "busy" yet they can do stuff such as watching TV after work. I'd add more, but you limited typing.
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
:) <--- That's my comment.
Vote Placed by sweetbreeze 3 years ago
sweetbreeze
ExistentialreasonistWheezySquash8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: What brant.merrel said.
Vote Placed by brant.merrell 3 years ago
brant.merrell
ExistentialreasonistWheezySquash8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro loses conduct for complaining about the character count twice in round 1 and once in round 3. It's not stifling your academic prowess, you actually have to be sharper to compress your arguments to a certain size. Pro loses grammar for saying "There have been good politics such as JFK, FDR, and Lincoln." This would be grammatically correct if JFK were a single politic, making the three together a plurality of politics, or if Pro had used the word "politicians" instead of "politics." Pro gets arguments because although he had the burden of proof, the ball was in Con's court for the third round, when he merely repeated his question. Con gave one source which he mentioned nothing about it in his 500 characters, but the video was sixteen minutes long. It was his only source compared with Pro's three. Neither referenced their videos very well.
Vote Placed by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
ExistentialreasonistWheezySquash8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Nice job. :) I think WheezySquash8 had better conduct and made more convincing arguments. In round 3 Existentialreasonist only wrote a sentence and never countered anything Pro said. I am voiting pro for these reasons: 1. He had important things to say and 2. And because Con only debated his opinion.