Easan
SJM

Voting should be compulsory

Easan has forfeited round #3.

Easan

Pro

First round is introduction. Please take up this challenge, whichever esteemed opponent you may be. Thanks and good luck.
Easan

Pro

Voting should be compulsory as it is a duty and responsibility. In many elections only 60 over per cent of eligible voters turn up to vote. If the remainder had voted, the results may have differed. One might say that the not politically well informed may cause a hideous party or leader to be elected. There can be the option of a none of the above box, hence the government and political parties would know how many people disagree with all their ideas and lead to a benificial shift in policies.
People should rather think about 'Who should I vote for' rather than 'Should I vote?' The main aim should be to get rid of the lack of awareness in ignorant people and highlighting how each vote counts and makes a difference.
Thank you for accepting the challenge
Apecsec.org/compulsory-voting-pros-and-cons/
SJM

Con

Definitions

Duty- "something that you must do because it is morally right or because the law requires it"

Responsibility- something that you should do because it is morally right, legally required, etc.

http://www.merriam-webster.com...

My opponent hasn"t provided in their arguments why voting is morally right or legally required, since it isn"t legally required, my opponent must prove it to be morally right. Now, my opponent says that we should make it mandatory so that everyone can express what they want whether it is none of the above. But there is no difference in not voting and choosing none of the above. Therefore the only thing this mandation does is put restrictions on the people, since I imagine if it"s mandatory there will be repercussions if one does not vote. Therefore people who have better things to would either have to miss out on that task or, face repercussions.

"One might say that the not politically well informed may cause a hideous party or leader to be elected. There can be the option of a none of the above box"

But let"s put it like this, if we make it mandatory to vote, part of the politically informed would think they aren"t informed, and they will vote for a president. Thus they wouldn"t use the none above option, more than as if we just made it optionary would go pick bad presidents, rather than if people had to go actively seek out to vote. In conclusion more people would vote badly if they were made to do it, instead of actively seeking it out on their time since they must have something in mind. Also, my oppoent is assuming that people would vote for what they want if it were to be mandatory, but people can and will make bad decisions, therefore my opponent can not assume that there would be a beneficial increase in politics.

Religions

Some religions such as that of Jehovah Witnesses, don"t take part in political affairs. They refuse to vote because of a religious reason, therefore by making it mandatory we would be opposing on their religious rights. And some unreasonable religious ideas are not to be allowed, but this idea is not bad. All they want to do is not vote, which is not unreasonable considering that my opponent has input a none above option.
Posted by Easan 4 months ago
Easan
SJM thank you for accepting the challenge
Posted by Easan 4 months ago
Easan
WHOEVER takes it up may the best man win. I am excited