WAR DEBATE: Asian Country vs. Select Country

This is an AOW war debate (This will likely be my first as I have not been in a war debate yet). Pro is attacking, con defending. If you want to join this debate, PM me and i'll probably let you in. R2 will discuss forces and first moves. Here are the rules:
1. When you accept the debate, state your country, and state the numbers of your armed forces (aircraft, men, ships, etc.). Use this source for military numbers ONLY, as it is the most reliable:;

2. Each country's turn can range from about 3 days to 60 days long, so all actions must be in accordance with this time period. (DO NOT try to win in one turn! Take into account that your opponent is also a living, thinking being that can adapt to a situation.)

3. Morale is a key factor in your armed forces' effectiveness.

4. You may produce more military forces (soldiers, ships, aircraft, tanks/humvees/cavalry), but it depends on your military budget, your country's population, and how industrialized your nation is.

5. The defender makes the first move.

6. The defender's primary military objective is to remove the attacker's forces from the defender's territory. The attacker's primary military objective is to annex the other country, or destroy it (physically, economically, etc). Secondary military objectives can be made by the debaters if they wish. Fulfillment of the military objectives is victory. If either side fails to fulfill their set objectives, the voters are free to reasonably determine the winner based off of who was more successful in completing their objectives.

7. If a nation's capital is destroyed/liberated, this does not necessarily mean that the war is won; the capital could be recaptured. If one of the debaters destroys or controls the administration of the opposing country, OR if the opposing country is destroyed to the point of no administration, then that debater is immediately guaranteed a 7-point victory.

8. Every aspect of the war must be realistic and must remain within the parameters established by the rules and the title. Any unrealistic action and actions deviating from the rules will cause the entire action to be void. Any further deviation after the first void action will result in a complete debate forfeiture.
9. Weapons of mass destruction are NOT allowed. A WMD is defined as:

-Radiological weapon or a radiological dispersion device: any weapon designed to spread radioactive material

-Nuclear or Thermonuclear weapon: an explosive device that derives its destructive force from nuclear reactions

-Chemical weapon: a device that inflicts chemicals designed to harm or kill humans/animals

-Biological weapon: the use of biological toxins or infectious organisms to inflict damage.

Non-conventional detonation of conventional weapons IS allowed.

10. No allies (NATO, UN, Muslim Brotherhood, or otherwise) under ANY circumstances. Annexation of other countries or agreements that allow formations of larger nations and/or direct military intervention is NOT allowed. Personnel and forces CANNOT be supplied by other nations.

You CAN have military or diplomatic agreements and/or treaties with other nations (agreements not to interfere etc). Radical groups, militant organizations, paramilitary factions et cetera are NOT allowed.

Religion is NOT a factor. No economic sanctions from any other nation, but economic warfare is allowed.

You cannot increase your country’s population, nor can you use ANY method to allow the involvement of other countries other than what is specified.

11. Cyberwarfare is allowed. Electronic warfare is limited to radar/radio jamming and interception; NO EMPs.

12. The country chosen must be one of the 206 sovereign states recognized by the United Nations as of 2015. Former states such as the USSR are not accepted, nor are territory-controlling factions not officially recognized by the United Nations, such as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, currently the Islamic State), and Gaza Strip, controlled by Hamas, but recognized by the UN as a part of Palestine. You cannot choose my nation.

13. Appropriate conduct MUST be maintained: no insults, cursing, profanity, vulgar language or trolling. Any violation of appropriate conduct WILL BE REPORTED to DDO authorities.

14. If you fail to follow the rules once, you will be given a warning and your actions in that round will be void. Further disobedience of ANY of these rules WILL result in an immediate loss of the debate.

15. The Instigator is Pro.

16. These debates are strictly Force versus Force; no civilian action is allowed unless Total War is declared.

17. TOTAL WAR can be declared only as an absolute last resort. Total war is defined as the complete mobilization of all available manpower of the country. In a state of total war, every able citizen either joins the military personnel or the military labor workforce.

18. All scenarios MUST be realistic; there MUST be an established reason for conflict.

19. We may either follow the date-time storyline format, or state the events that occur directly as realistically possible in a period of 60 days.
20. U.S. is banned

I accept, and as stated in the comments section, I shall be the Russian Federation.

I have chosen the People's Republic of China.

Here are my forces

• 2,333,000 Active Frontline Personnel

• 2.3 million Active Frontline Personnel

• 9,150 Tanks

• 4,788 AFVs

• 1,710 SPGs

• 6,246 Towed Artillery Guns

• 1,770 MLRs

• 2,860 Total Aircraft, including 1,066 Fighters, 1,311 Fixed wing Attack Aircraft, 876 Transport aircraft, 352 trainer aircraft and 908 helicopters, includng 196 Attack helicopters.

• 673 Total Naval Strength, including 1 Aircraft carrier, 47 frigates, 25 destroyers, 23 corvettes, and 67 submarines.

• 4,372,000 bbl/day of oil production

• 9,500,000 bbl/day of oil consumption

• 17,300,000,0000 bbl/day of proven oil reserves

• 797,600,000 people of labor force

• 2,030 Merchant Marine Strength

• 15 major ports and terminals

• 3,860,800 roadway coverage

• 86,000 railway coverage

• 507 serviceable airports

• $145 billion defense budget

• $863 billion in external debt

• $3,821,000,000,000 reserves of Foreign exchange and gold

• $13 trillion purchasing power parity

• 9,596,961 km square land area

• 14,500 km coastline

• 110,000 km in waterways.

It is now your turn to state your forces and start your first turn.

Population: 145,500,842
Available Manpower: 69,117,271
Fit for Service: 46,812,553
Reaching Military Age Annually: 1,354,202
Active Front line Personnel: 766,000
Active Reserve Personnel: 2,485,000

Tanks: 15,500
AFVs: 27,607
SPGs: 5,990
Towed Artillery: 4,625
MLRSs: 3,781

Aircraft: 3,082
Fighter/Interceptor: 736
Fixed-Wing Attack Aircraft: 1,289
Transport Aircraft: 730
Trainer Aircraft: 303
Helicopters: 973
Attack Helicopters: 114

Naval Strength: 352
Aircraft Carriers: 1
Frigates: 4
Destroyers: 13
Corvettes/amphibs/troop carriers: 74
Submarines: 63
Coastal Defense Craft: 65
Mine Warfare: 34

Oil Production: 11,000,000 bbl/day
Oil Consumption: 2,200,000 bbl/day
Proven Oil Reserves: 80,000,000,000

Labor Force: 75,680,000
Merchant Marine Strength: 1,143
Major Ports and Terminals: 7
Roadway Coverage: 982,000
Railway Coverage: 87,157
Serviceable Airports: 1,218

Defense Budget: $76,600,000,000
External Debt: $631,800,000,000
Reserves of Foreign Trade and Gold: $537,600,000,000
Purchasing Power Parity: $2,486,000,000,000

Square Land Area: 17,098,242
Coastline: 37,653
Shared Border: 20,241
Waterways: 102,000

-Russian military rushes to Asian Russian military outposts in preparation for war.
-Putin exspands the military conscription length from 1 year to 2 years in anticipation with war with China.
-Russia ends all oil exports to China and presuades OPEC to end it's exports to China due to Russian ties to OPEC. Russia, though may not be an OPEC member, is an obsever and other OPEC nations like Iran and Venesuela are strictly opposed to the Chinese due to favoritism with the Russians. and they agree to place an embargo against the Chinese and allied nations. Similiar to that of the Oil Crisis in the 1970's that caused massive oil shortages. This puts quite a bind on the Chinese raising oil and gas prices through the roof and causing a crisis which also in turn affects the food shortage and skyrockets food prices that are already sky high. (
-Pacific Fleet is put on High Alert and their ships are to be active at all times.
-Russian Federation Air Force is put on Full alert and must have 1/2 of its fighters in the air at all times. This way when they have to refuel the others take off.
-Russia arms there ICBMs (NON-NUCLEAR) in case of invasion from Manchuria or near Kazakistan.
-Transport 1st and 4th Air Command to protect the Pacific Fleet and prepare for invasion across Manchuria.
-Create No-mans land like mine field in Zapadnzy Sayan Region to prevent invasion. In area also create trenches, anti-tank batteries, and anti-air guns to prevent invasion and have 250,000 troops there.
-Putin calls up all Off duty personel.
-Mine the Russian Cost of the Argun and Amur Rivers and set up Trench like defenses that was of the likes of that of Zapadnzy Sayan with 350,000 troops.
-Mine Baltic port areas 3 miles out and set up advance warning radars.
-Set up Radars at ZS, AA, as well.
-Set up NMD system similiar to that of the Cold War standards.
-Establish back-up drives and for all intel and information technology.
-Establish back-up generators at all fronts and for all key industries.
-Nationalize the Road system (like the US during WW1)
-Double Steel Production and start Production of War time industiries.
-Nationalize any buisness in Russia owned by Chinese ethnicity. Exicute the owners.

I think that's enough for now. I end my turn awaiting my opponent's invasion.

-Consolidate an attack force of the Chinese military numbering 600,000 troops, 1000 tanks and 500 AFVs: this is the Siberian Front Army

-Persuade Mongolia to allow Chinese military to be stationed there and move through Mongolia. In return China pays 10 million to Mongolia. Mongolia accepts.

-Declare war on the Russian Federation

-Ask for the non-intervention of nearby neighbouring states of Kazakhstan and india

-China increases oil imports from other countries, halts all exports and imports to Russia.

-Mobilize Chinese fleet

-Call on the Chinese Population to help the war effort; spread propaganda of Russia's actions on Chinese business owners. Increase conscription and military training; Morale runs high, highly anti-Russian population. People of Russian ethnicity are exiled and have their personal assets seized. People fit for service are asked to contribute to the war effort and join the Armed forces; this works somewhat, with 60% of people asked joining the military. About 10,000 people have started training.

-Overhaul Aircraft, Tank, and AFV production. Begin production of additional aircraft carriers, destroyers and frigates.

-Request financial aid from Japan; in return the Senkaku Islands are ceded to Japan.

-Attack Altai Krai with 50,000 men, 100 tanks, 50 AFVs, and 10 Attack Helicopters.

-Begin bombing Novosibirsk

Novosibirsk suffers heavy casualties, with 900,000 people dead.

-Send a part of the Chinese Naval fleet to the Pacific Ocean near Primorsky Krai, with 1 aircraft carrier, 5 destroyers, and 20 frigates.

-Patrol the Pacific Ocean with submarines

-In response to the Oil embargo, China places heavy restrictions and regulations on oil and gasoline usage.

I have finished my first moves. I await your response

Pardon me if I make any mistakes, this is my first time.

My opponent did a few things last round that over looked tons of things all of which have a large out come on the war.

First off for the attack of Altai Krai and Novosibirsk wouldn't have been possible. Why might you ask? It's for the heavy fotifications I had in the area on the boarder meaning that these troops wouldn't have been able to have gotten that far without having to go through the massive mine fields, no mans land, mortar fire and anti-air guns. This entire attack would've been thwarted and you would have seen massive amounts of Chinese Cassualties and barely any Russian cassualties if any.

My turn

Now that my objections are over let's move on to the War. Now you must be saying that I've forgotten one thing, but that's where you are incorrect. I've counterd the attack on Primorsky krai before it even began. You see. I have had two entire Russian fleets along with 4 Russian Air Defense Squadrens to protect them. They were based out in Vladivostok, of where I had them actively patrolling the areas and my 1st and 4th Air Squadrens would've seen the coming attack before they arrived and since my opponent didn't allocate any air craft to the the attack we can see that they are sitting ducks for my fighters. The Chinese Fleet would've taken seavere damage and almost utter annihaliation at the hands of the 1st and 4th Air Squadrens.

I now set up a 25 mile DMZ along the Mongolia border similiar to that of the Korean DMZ. (

My Russian Air Base in Krgyzistan at Kent Air Base will make dayly Air Raids of military and industrial targets in the Xinjiang Province.
Russian forces stationed in the Shanghai Military C. will seize control of the Chinese city.
Russian Forces re-activate control of Cam Rahn Military Base in Vietnam as part of earlier agreement. Here the Russians use this as a forwarding base of it's Syrian Fleet and 2nd Air Squadren, who will half and half preform air Raids on Southern China and Attack the Chinese Fleet at Zhang Jiang. This will be a devistating battle of an almost guirrentee that 40% of the 2nd Air Squadern is destroyed while it is obvious that the Chinese see most of their ships go unopperationial, but only 68% is sunk while the city maintains 37% damage to it's industrial areas. This is huge loss for China as this City by itself was responsable for 14.7% of Chinese economic growth and that this city is also the area of Chinese innovation and due to the damage and destruction of the city the economy will take its damage and innovation will come to a grinding halt. ( Not to mention that the 1st Chinese fleet was destroyed near Russian waters the Chinese only have 1 fleet left and that's the fleet at Dinghai.
Russia will also use the Bolkonour Cosmodom to use as a forwarding base to lanch an attack on the Xingjiang province and any advancing Chinese force into Russia.

With that I end my turn handing things back over to my opponent.

tsume forfeited this round.

All points extended.

tsume forfeited this round.

All points extended.

The Russian Federation has starved off the Chinese invasion!

Vote Con!
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
Sorry, the map I was using was in Russian.
Posted by tsume 1 year ago
I wish you said Altai Mountains instead of "Zapadnzy Sayan", which didn't have any results on my search engine. I had no idea you had troops there.
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
Can you hold off posting until this weekend, because I'll be gone until Tuesday?
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
That's okay. I'll be posting my turn and objections soon.
Posted by tsume 1 year ago
Okay, I'm sorry. I was just wondering. Still new to this.
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
OPEC is a corporation of oil production nations that dictate economic policy for oil. It's collution what it is. Secondly, this was permitted in an AOW debate with the same rules TWICE now, so I don't think this is a problem.
Posted by tsume 1 year ago
The OPEC is like the U.N., it is like a group of nations that cooperate and mandate certain things. It isn't separate from politics and government affairs. On the website, it actually says it is a "permanent, intergovernmental Organization".
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
The rules said no to other nations placing sanctions, not organizations.
Posted by tsume 1 year ago
I'm pretty sure you can't have other nations place sanctions and embargoes on me. Alliances are not factored in, and economics sanctions including embargoes such as ones by the OPEC are not allowed.
Posted by greatkitteh 1 year ago
I find it unlikely russia and china would go to war, But this should be interesting.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Ff
Vote Placed by Dynasty2468 1 year ago
Vote Placed by greatkitteh 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Decisive Russian victory and forfeiture.