Gabe1e
PericIes

WAR DEBATE: France (Pro) vs. Selected Highlighted Country (Con)

PericIes
Voting Style: Judge Point System: Select Winner

Gabe1e

Pro

PericIes has accepted, he will be the Finland. Hello. I'm back with another war debate, but this one is a little different. I'm France, and you select a country from the map below. The country must be highlighted in yellow.

Rules:

1. When you accept the debate, state your country, and state the numbers of your armed forces (aircraft, men, ships, etc.). Use this source for military numbers
ONLY, as it is the most reliable: http://www.globalfirepower.com...;

2. Each country's turn can range from about 3 days to 60 days long, so all actions must be in accordance with this time period. (DO NOT try to win in one turn! Take into account that your opponent is also a living, thinking being that can adapt to a situation.)

3. Morale is a key factor in your armed forces' effectiveness.

4. You may produce more military forces (soldiers, ships, aircraft, tanks/humvees/cavalry), but it depends on your military budget, your country's population, and how industrialized your nation is.

5. You may choose to invade or defend.

6. The defender makes the first move.

7. The defender's primary military objective is to remove the attacker's forces from the defender's territory. The attacker's primary military objective is to annex the other country, or destroy it (physically, economically, etc). Secondary military objectives can be made by the debaters if they wish. Fulfillment of the military objectives is victory. If either side fails to fulfill their set objectives, the voters are free to reasonably determine the winner based off of who was more successful in completing their objectives.

8. If a nation's capital is destroyed/liberated, this does not necessarily mean that the war is won; the capital could be recaptured. If one of the debaters destroys or controls the administration of the opposing country, OR if the opposing country is destroyed to the point of no administration, then that debater is immediately guaranteed a 7-point victory.

9.
Every aspect of the war must be realistic and must remain within the parameters established by the rules and the title. Any unrealistic action and actions deviating from the rules will cause the entire action to be void. Any further deviation after the first void action will result in a complete debate forfeiture.

10. Weapons of mass destruction are NOT allowed. A WMD is defined as

-Radiological weapon or a radiological dispersion device: any weapon designed to spread radioactive material

-Nuclear or Thermonuclear weapon: an explosive device that derives its destructive force from nuclear reactions

-Chemical weapon: a device that inflicts chemicals designed to harm or kill humans/animals

-Biological weapon: the use of biological toxins or infectious organisms to inflict damage.

Non-conventional detonation of conventional weapons IS allowed

11. No allies (NATO, UN, Muslim Brotherhood, or otherwise) under ANY circumstances. Annexation of other countries or agreements that allow formations of larger nations and/or direct military intervention is NOT allowed. Personnel and forces CANNOT be supplied by other nations.

You
CAN have military or diplomatic agreements and/or treaties with other nations (agreements not to interfere etc). Radical groups, militant organizations, paramilitary factions et cetera are NOT allowed.

Religion is NOT a factor. No economic sanctions from any other nation, but economic warfare is allowed.

You cannot increase your country’s population, nor can you use ANY method to allow the involvement of other countries other than what is specified. You cannot receive donations or economic support from private agencies.

12. Cyberwarfare is allowed. Electronic warfare is limited to radar/radio jamming and interception; NO EMPs.

13. The country chosen must be one of the 206 sovereign states recognized by the United Nations as of 2015. Former states such as the USSR are not accepted, nor are territory-controlling factions not officially recognized by the United Nations, such as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, currently the Islamic State), and Gaza Strip, controlled by Hamas, but recognized by the UN as a part of Palestine.
You cannot choose my nation.

14. Appropriate conduct
MUST be maintained: no insults, cursing, profanity, vulgar language or trolling. Any violation of appropriate conduct WILL BE REPORTED to DDO authorities.

15. If you fail to follow the rules once, you will be given a warning and your actions in that round will be void. Further disobedience of
ANY of these rules WILL result in an immediate loss of the debate.

16. The Instigator is Pro.

17. These debates are strictly Force versus Force; no civilian action is allowed unless Total War is declared.

18.
TOTAL WAR can be declared only as an absolute last resort. Total war is defined as the complete mobilization of all available manpower of the country. In a state of total war, every able citizen either joins the military personnel or the military labor workforce.

19. All scenarios
MUST be realistic; there MUST be an established reason for conflict.

20. We may either follow the date-time storyline format, or state the events that occur directly as realistically possible in a period of 45 days.

21. This is a Category 2 AOW debate. A category 2 debate DO NOT allow the usage of WMDs. Category 1 debates allow WMDs.

Here are my numbers/army:

Manpower:

Total Population: 66,259,012
Frontline forces: 202,761
Reserve forces: 195,770

Land Systems:

Tanks: 423
AFVs: 6,893
SPGs: 325
MLRSs: 44

Air Power:

Total Aircraft: 1,264
Transport Aircraft: 689
Helicopters: 601
Fighters: 283

Naval Power:

Total: 113
Aircraft carriers: 4
Frigates: 21
Mines: 18
Coastal Defense: 22

Defense Budget: $40,000,000,000
Debt: $5.3 trillion

Good luck.

Message me to accept!

PericIes

Con

So, my opponent's account is apparently no longer in existence. I'll just post the troop info and wait for him to automatially forfeit. http://www.globalfirepower.com...
Gabe1e

Pro

Gabe1e forfeited this round.
PericIes

Con

Opponent forfeited. Vote for me, please.
Gabe1e

Pro

Gabe1e forfeited this round.
PericIes

Con

Gabe1e

Pro

Gabe1e forfeited this round.
PericIes

Con

Opponent forfeited, please vote for me.
Gabe1e

Pro

Gabe1e forfeited this round.
PericIes

Con

PericIes forfeited this round.
Posted by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
Moderator Message: Gabe1e's account is deactivated, thus this is likely an auto-win for Pericles.
Posted by PericIes 1 year ago
PericIes
Well, he did. If, when this is over, you guys could vote for me, that'd be nice.
Posted by Russia_The_almighty 1 year ago
Russia_The_almighty
I never would've guessed Gabe1e would make his account inactive in the middle of a war debate.
Posted by PericIes 1 year ago
PericIes
So, um... my opponent's account is apparently inactive now. I'll just post the troop info and wait for his account to forfeit the rounds.
Posted by PericIes 1 year ago
PericIes
It's not a troll pick. I have an ace up my sleeve. But, yeah, I messaged Pro that I would be Finland.
Posted by PericIes 1 year ago
PericIes
Um, actually I said I'd be Finland, not the U.K.
Russia_The_almighty
@Gabe1e Now that I think of it the UK is very good choice also, it won't be easy to invade the UK. They have been strong empire until decline. Around now I think they can still hold there own depending on the country they fight.
Posted by Gabe1e 1 year ago
Gabe1e
@Russia_The_Almighty I made it so nobody can accept. I don't want people like trolls accepting this. I will consider you.
Russia_The_almighty
It won't let me accept. I would choose Italian Republic if I could accept.
Posted by Luharis 1 year ago
Luharis
Not sure if it's to late to accept this debate, but i would like to do this as Great Britain.
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
Gabe1ePericIes
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.
Vote Placed by Dynasty2468 1 year ago
Dynasty2468
Gabe1ePericIes
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark