WAR DEBATE: India vs. Pakistan
Debate Rounds (5)
2. Each country's turn can range from about 3 days to 60 days long, so all actions must be in accordance with this time period. (DO NOT try to win in one turn! Take into account that your opponent is also a living, thinking being that can adapt to a situation.)
3. Morale is a key factor in your armed forces' effectiveness.
4. You may produce more military forces (soldiers, ships, aircraft, tanks/humvees/cavalry), but it depends on your military budget, your country's population, and how industrialized your nation is.
5. You may choose to invade or defend.
6. The defender makes the first move.
7. The defender's primary military objective is to remove the attacker's forces from the defender's territory. The attacker's primary military objective is to annex the other country, or destroy it (physically, economically, etc). Secondary military objectives can be made by the debaters if they wish. Fulfillment of the military objectives is victory. If either side fails to fulfill their set objectives, the voters are free to reasonably determine the winner based off of who was more successful in completing their objectives.
8. If a nation's capital is destroyed/liberated, this does not necessarily mean that the war is won; the capital could be recaptured. If one of the debaters destroys or controls the administration of the opposing country, OR if the opposing country is destroyed to the point of no administration, then that debater is immediately guaranteed a 7-point victory.
9. Every aspect of the war must be realistic and must remain within the parameters established by the rules and the title. Any unrealistic action and actions deviating from the rules will cause the entire action to be void. Any further deviation after the first void action will result in a complete debate forfeiture.
10. Weapons of mass destruction are NOT allowed. A WMD is defined as
-Radiological weapon or a radiological dispersion device: any weapon designed to spread radioactive material
-Nuclear or Thermonuclear weapon: an explosive device that derives its destructive force from nuclear reactions
-Chemical weapon: a device that inflicts chemicals designed to harm or kill humans/animals
-Biological weapon: the use of biological toxins or infectious organisms to inflict damage.
Non-conventional detonation of conventional weapons IS allowed
11. No allies (NATO, UN, Muslim Brotherhood, or otherwise) under ANY circumstances. Annexation of other countries or agreements that allow formations of larger nations and/or direct military intervention is NOT allowed. Personnel and forces CANNOT be supplied by other nations.
You CAN have military or diplomatic agreements and/or treaties with other nations (agreements not to interfere etc). Radical groups, militant organizations, paramilitary factions et cetera are NOT allowed.
Religion is NOT a factor. No economic sanctions from any other nation, but economic warfare is allowed.
You cannot increase your country"s population, nor can you use ANY method to allow the involvement of other countries other than what is specified. You cannot receive donations or economic support from private agencies.
12. Cyberwarfare is allowed. Electronic warfare is limited to radar/radio jamming and interception; NO EMPs.
13. The country chosen must be one of the 206 sovereign states recognized by the United Nations as of 2015. Former states such as the USSR are not accepted, nor are territory-controlling factions not officially recognized by the United Nations, such as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, currently the Islamic State), and Gaza Strip, controlled by Hamas, but recognized by the UN as a part of Palestine.You cannot choose my nation.
14. Appropriate conduct MUST be maintained: no insults, cursing, profanity, vulgar language or trolling. Any violation of appropriate conduct WILL BE REPORTED to DDO authorities.
15. If you fail to follow the rules once, you will be given a warning and your actions in that round will be void. Further disobedience of ANY of these rules WILL result in an immediate loss of the debate.
16. The Instigator is Pro.
17. These debates are strictly Force versus Force; no civilian action is allowed unless Total War is declared.
18. TOTAL WAR can be declared only as an absolute last resort. Total war is defined as the complete mobilization of all available manpower of the country. In a state of total war, every able citizen either joins the military personnel or the military labor workforce.
19. All scenarios MUST be realistic; there MUST be an established reason for conflict.
20. We may either follow the date-time storyline format, or state the events that occur directly as realistically possible in a period of 45 days.
21. This is a Category 2 AOW debate. A category 2 debate DO NOT allow the usage of WMDs. Category 1 debates allow WMDs.
I am India, you are Pakistan and I will be invading.
India and Pakistan have had a long history of tense relations, largely due to differences in culture and religion. After some time, India was tired of having such a nuisance so geographically close and decided to remove the threat once and for all. To accomplish this, the Indian government planted several large explosive devices near the Pakistani-Indian border, but in Indian territory. Once these explosives were detonated, killing citizens, injuring dozens and destroying large buildings and other infrastructure, the Indian government was quick to blame the Pakistani for organizing "yet another" attack on sacred Indian land. The Indian government was quick to use already-present anti-Pakistani sentiment among the people to gather massive numbers of volunteers to add on to the already enormous army to mount a large-scale invasion.
I urge my opponent to use Round 1 as his first turn, as the defending side goes first.
Any questions can be answered discussed and answered in the comments.
Thank you TheRussian,
I will accept this debate...And i will be the Islamic republic of Pakistan..
Total naval strenght:197
Total Population: 1,251,695,584
Available Manpower: 616,000,000
AFVs (Armored Fighting Vehicles): 6,704
SPG (Self-Propelled Guns): 290
MLRSs (Multiple-Launch Rocket Systems): 292
Fixed-Winged Aircraft: 809
Transport Aircraft: 857
Trainer Aircraft: 318
Attack Helicopters: 19
Coastal Defense Craft: 135
Mine Warfare Force: 6
June 18th (day of border bombings by Indian government):
Indian government does its best to block any news of Pakistani denial coming into major Indian news outlets.
The massive Indian army begins to mobilize, preparing itself for faster maneuvers to follow preparation.
Navy is readied, old ships are checked and repaired, same with air force.
Infantry, tank and artillery forces are moved towards Lahore from New Delhi, which isn't very hard to organize since many large forces were located around the Indian capital anyways.
Ships move from large ports such as Mumbai, also carrying large numbers of mostly infantry and artillery towards the middle of the Arabian Sea, where they will group together before making the next move.
Aviation is used primarily for transportation of troops and equipment towards ports and the India-Pakistani border, though fighter aircraft are on full alert in case of air strike by the Pakistani.
Significant forces have gathered now on the border near Lahore. The area has been shelled by the Pakistani for a while, but not too intensely since little time was given to prepare/gather artillery pieces. Indian infantry can find cover among rubble as well as building their own camouflaged tents to decrease accuracy of the Pakistani artillery strikes. The enormous manpower of the Indian army as well as civilian populace nearby is put to work on constructing more solid structures such as bunkers in the area. India has the largest artillery force in the world, and begins quickly putting this advantage to use in the Lahore area to not only try to counter-attack the enemy artillery batteries, but to destroy infrastructure and equipment that may be present in Lahore.
Frequent artillery shelling of Lahore over the last 5 days takes its toll on the Sind and Punjab regiments present there. Buildings are destroyed as well as equipment, moral is high among the Pakistani as they are trying to defend their land, but slowly decreasing with continuous rain of shells from the sky.
Indian infantry and tanks continue being shipped into the area.
Ships carrying Indian forces that had left the mainland met in the Arabian Sea and are now moving in unison towards Karachi.
Artillery bombardment of Lahore ceases so that the Indian forces can cross the border and begin their assault on the city.
Ships in Arabian Sea are about half way to Karachi.
With little military preparation having been done by the Pakistani, the Indian forces undertake a pincer movement to begin surrounding Lahore, meeting little resistance in the outskirts of the city.
The Arabian Sea (AS) unit reached the waters of Karachi and began to undertake an aggressive amphibious landing, using infrastructure already present in the port. Local Pakistani regiments react, but again, with little preparation being done in the area, the local forces are simply overwhelmed by the massive amount of Indian infantry coming in. The Indian forces manage to secure a small hold on the port, and continue to defend the port to use it to bring in more troops and equipment.
Encirclement of Lahore continues.
Encirclement of Lahore is complete, preventing new forces from entering the city and preventing in-city forces from retreating. The ring is reinforced continuously with infantry, but not much equipment since that is harder to transport and is still on the Indian side of the border. Indian tank and infantry squadrons push into the city of Lahore, making slow progress as they're squeezing the Pakistani into a smaller area.
Small skirmishes continue, but Indian forces essentially have control over Karachi and surrounding areas. More artillery is being shipped in.
Nawaz Sharif grants assent to Operation Khalif.
Pakistan Air force base at Lahore and Karachi are armed with heavy artillery.The navy base at Karachi is also prepare for any sudden attack by indian troops outside the city.
Two Pakistani submarines PNS khalid and PNS Humza reach Bombay high. They fire successive torpedoes to destroy the entire Oil rig. This oil well 176 km from Mumbai which gave 45% of India's petroleum and natural gas has now been destroyed. Operation Khalif still has something left. Pakistan occupy several towns and villages in Kashmir. They urge separatists in Kashmir for aggression against India. Violent protests take place against the government. Meanwhile, the petroleum from Bombay high has been blocked by pakistani navy. The Employees on the sagar samrat are also held as hostages.
Later, Nawaz Sharif makes a press conference and he said- "And those of you who report to that scum named India.. Go and tell your Government that even we know how to play this GAME !!".
Prez results are announced as gen. Musharaf is again elected as president.
Pakistani troops intrigue into India and take control of Kargil. They yet again capture tiger Hill second time after the Kargil War in the 90s. India struggles to come at them from all angles but pakistan has the upper hand as they can see everyone from the peak..
Sharif visits Beijing to meet president Xi Jinping. China makes sure that they will help Pakistan in any all missions against India. China states that such actions by India are unprecedented.
Sharif and Jinping make a joint statement saying that China lends 20 fighter jets to pakistan.
Seeing that India pays no heed toward the attacks by Pakistan, They take control of half the territory of Kashmir.
India gets agitated and kills several pakistanis in Lahore and Karachi.
Pakistan makes many plans to evacuate citizens from the two cities. Pakistan yet again shells in Punjab in India .
Just one day before the hearing, Islamic countries take pakistan's side in the case along with China.
Its Judgement day and pakistan comes up with all evidence against pakistan.
Dawood Ibrahim confesses that he was working with the Indian Government to defame Pakistan . The court gives charges on India. Middle eastern countries impose economic sanctions on India. The OPEC denies sale of oil to India due to their unexpected aggression.
TheRussian forfeited this round.
arch001 forfeited this round.
arch001 forfeited this round.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.