WAR DEBATE: United States of America (Pro) vs. Selected Country (Con)
Debate Rounds (5)
This is a war debate. It is impossible to accept this debate. If you want to accept, please send me a PM. If you somehow find a way to accept this debate, you will automatically forfeit the complete 7 points. Tell me what country you will represent, and tell me why I should choose you to be my opponent; give me a very good reason as to why you want to do this debate and why you would be a worthy opponent. I am (insert country name). Comment if you are interested. If you want to debate, message me.
lannan13 has accepted, he will invade.
If you are a member of the Art of War (AOW) debate group [created by @The-Voice-of-Truth], then you must vote on this debate. If you are a member of AOW and accept this debate, then state your win/loss ratio.
If you are interested in joining AOW, message @TheRussian or @The-Voice-of-Truth. The primary prerequisite to join this group is: you have to have participated in AT LEAST ONE war debate. If you are a member of AOW, you must vote on other members' war debates unless a valid reason is given. You can challenge other members to debates related to war game scenarios.
There is a Moderator who will ensure that this debate follows the below rules. For this debate, the Moderator is (insert member name).
There are some strict rules that apply. Voters must penalize any violation of the rules.
1. When you accept the debate, state your country, and state the numbers of your armed forces (aircraft, men, ships, etc.). Use this source for military numbers ONLY, as it is the most reliable: http://www.globalfirepower.com.........;
2. Each country's turn can range from about 3 days to 60 days long, so all actions must be in accordance with this time period. (DO NOT try to win in one turn! Take into account that your opponent is also a living, thinking being that can adapt to a situation.)
3. Morale is a key factor in your armed forces' effectiveness.
4. You may produce more military forces (soldiers, ships, aircraft, tanks/humvees/cavalry), but it depends on your military budget, your country's population, and how industrialized your nation is.
5. You may choose to invade or defend.
6. The invader makes the first move
7. The defender's primary military objective is to remove the attacker's forces from the defender's territory. The attacker's primary military objective is to annex the other country, or destroy it (physically, economically, etc). Secondary military objectives can be made by the debaters if they wish. Fulfillment of the military objectives is victory. If either side fails to fulfill their set objectives, the voters are free to reasonably determine the winner based off of who was more successful in completing their objectives.
8. If a nation's capital is destroyed/liberated, this does not necessarily mean that the war is won; the capital could be recaptured. If one of the debaters destroys or controls the administration of the opposing country, OR if the opposing country is destroyed to the point of no administration, then that debater is immediately guaranteed a 7-point victory.
9. Every aspect of the war must be realistic and must remain within the parameters established by the rules and the title. Any unrealistic action and actions deviating from the rules will cause the entire action to be void. Any further deviation after the first void action will result in a complete debate forfeiture.
10. Weapons of mass destruction are NOT allowed. A WMD is defined as:
-Radiological weapon or a radiological dispersion device: any weapon designed to spread radioactive material
-Nuclear or Thermonuclear weapon: an explosive device that derives its destructive force from nuclear reactions
-Chemical weapon: a device that inflicts chemicals designed to harm or kill humans/animals
-Biological weapon: the use of biological toxins or infectious organisms to inflict damage.
Non-conventional detonation of conventional weapons IS allowed.
11. No allies (NATO, UN, Muslim Brotherhood, or otherwise) under ANY circumstances. Annexation of other countries or agreements that allow formations of larger nations and/or direct military intervention is NOT allowed. Personnel and forces CANNOT be supplied by other nations.
You CAN have military or diplomatic agreements and/or treaties with other nations (agreements not to interfere etc). Radical groups, militant organizations, paramilitary factions et cetera are NOT allowed.
Religion is NOT a factor. No economic sanctions from any other nation, but economic warfare is allowed.
You cannot increase your country’s population, nor can you use ANY method to allow the involvement of other countries other than what is specified.
12. Cyberwarfare is allowed. Electronic warfare is limited to radar/radio jamming and interception; NO EMPs.
13. The country chosen must be one of the 206 sovereign states recognized by the United Nations as of 2015. Former states such as the USSR are not accepted, nor are territory-controlling factions not officially recognized by the United Nations, such as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, currently the Islamic State), and Gaza Strip, controlled by Hamas, but recognized by the UN as a part of Palestine. You cannot choose my nation.
14. Appropriate conduct MUST be maintained: no insults, cursing, profanity, vulgar language or trolling. Any violation of appropriate conduct WILL BE REPORTED to DDO authorities.
15. If you fail to follow the rules once, you will be given a warning and your actions in that round will be void. Further disobedience of ANY of these rules WILL result in an immediate loss of the debate.
16. The Instigator is Pro.
17. These debates are strictly Force versus Force; no civilian action is allowed unless Total War is declared.
18. TOTAL WAR can be declared only as an absolute last resort. Total war is defined as the complete mobilization of all available manpower of the country. In a state of total war, every able citizen either joins the military personnel or the military labor workforce.
19. All scenarios MUST be realistic; there MUST be an established reason for conflict.
20. We may either follow the date-time storyline format, or state the events that occur directly as realistically possible in a period of 60 days.
UNITED STATES ARMY (http://www.globalfirepower.com......):
Active frontline personnel: 1,400,000
Total aircraft: 13,892
Total Navy: 473
Aircraft carriers: 20
Defense budget: $577,100,000,000 (may be higher at the moment)
Labor force: 155,400,000
Available Manpower: 69,117,271
Fit for Service: 46,812,553
Reaching Military Age Annually: 1,354,202
Active Front line Personnel: 766,000
Active Reserve Personnel: 2,485,000
Towed Artillery: 4,625
Fixed-Wing Attack Aircraft: 1,289
Transport Aircraft: 730
Trainer Aircraft: 303
Attack Helicopters: 114
Naval Strength: 352
Aircraft Carriers: 1
Corvettes/amphibs/troop carriers: 74
Coastal Defense Craft: 65
Mine Warfare: 34
Oil Production: 11,000,000 bbl/day
Oil Consumption: 2,200,000 bbl/day
Proven Oil Reserves: 80,000,000,000
Labor Force: 75,680,000
Merchant Marine Strength: 1,143
Major Ports and Terminals: 7
Roadway Coverage: 982,000
Railway Coverage: 87,157
Serviceable Airports: 1,218
FINANCIAL (in USD):
Defense Budget: $76,600,000,000
External Debt: $631,800,000,000
Reserves of Foreign Trade and Gold: $537,600,000,000
Purchasing Power Parity: $2,486,000,000,000
Square Land Area: 17,098,242
Shared Border: 20,241
My WMD is a 15 ppm VX nerve agent.
For the purpose of this debate the stats are this round and next round my opponent will give the reason for war and I will begin my invasion.
There will be no warnings for my opponent's mistake on the WMD. It is declared VOID.
May 26th: At 8:00 AM, Moscow, Russia is in peace. A white van pulls up onto the street in from of the Mercury City Tower. 7 men armed with M4 Carbines walk out. They are covered from head to toe in body armor. They burst through the door of the Mercury City Tower. Four of the men stay on the first floor at the entrance and take hostages. The other three go up the elevator to the 49th floor. After about 10 minutes, they cannot find their target on the 49th floor. They decide to go to the 42nd floor, the club floor. At the first floor Moscow police have already lined the streets. The four men threaten to execute the hostages if they do not back off. 5 minutes later, their target, a weathly Moscow businessman is found. The men on the club floor assassinate the businessman. On the first floor, Moscow police try to negotiate with the men. Little do they know that Moscow police has lined up men with sniper rifles to take them out. The men fire but only get one of the people on the first floor. One of the men orders to kill the hostages, when they do Moscow men breach the door and the men drop their weapons. 3 men are caught, the other two escaped using the underground parking to hide. The other two men are never found.
May 27th: The three captive men talk and say they were from the US, and the carbines they used were made in the USA.
May 28th: Russia speaks up to the USA, demanding an answer. The USA refuses to have anything to do with it.
May 29th: The weapons were traced to the USA. They were made by the USA company named: Colt's Manufacturing Company
May 31st: Russia threatens war. The USA tries to calm things down.
June 1st: Russia demands an answer by June 5th, or they will declare war.
June 3rd: Russia executes two of the three captive men. They threaten to execute the last.
June 5th: Russia declares war on the United States. They execute the last captive man.
June 6th: The USA starts mass producing tanks and propaganda posters which will help recruit people.
June 8th: 600,000 troops are put on the Pacific coast, and 600,000 of the rest are put on the Atlantic Coast. 200,000 are put in Alaska.
June 9th: 4,000 tanks, 25,000 AFVs, and 6,000 aircraft are placed all across the Pacific Coast.
June 10th: Same goes with the Atlantic Coast. Canada agrees to a military agreement worth $700,000 because they are close allies.
June 11th: Tens of thousands of men and women are recruited in the Army.
June 12th: Quit-Russia Act is passed.
June 13th: 500,000 men/women are taken out of reserves.
June 15th: 300 navy ships are put on the Pacific coast, and 150 on the Atlantic coast. 7 aircraft carriers on Pacific, 5 on Atlantic.
Any merchandise from China past the date of June 5th is to be discarded or destroyed. Major companies can not get their resources or products from Russia, and the Russian embassy is destroyed, and any remaining Russian ambassadors are executed. Any Russian immigrants that have not been a citizen for at least 1 year is to be deported, if they refuse they will be executed without question.
Mass aircraft production:
The USA will be mass producing in an aircraft called the F-35 Lighting II. It is a stealth aircraft that can scout Russia's attacks ahead of time and get info on their setup. They will also mass produce the Apache helicopter and A-10 Thunderbolts. These two will be used for defending, that is their sole purpose.
Trade agreement with the UK:
The United States has agreed with the United Kingdom to trade for more attack aircraft such as the BAE Systems Hawk. In exchange the USA is willing to give up some of their budget, and they are also willing to give up their arms that they produce. UK agrees to this, them being good allies. BAE Systems Hawks are used for defending Alaska and the Pacific coast.
Any border, even with Canada or Mexico is secured. Nobody is allowed in if they are from Russia or have ever even been on Russian soil. This keeps out Russian spies.
Mass navy production:
Submarines are being mass produced in the USA, and more aircraft carriers along with destroyers are being produced for more war efforts.
Over to you, Russia.
Russian craft locates 3,500 miles off the US west coast shore line. Armed with 100 of NON-NUCLEAR ICBMs. Upon this set of wolfpacks are 150 Russian ships. It's lone carrier, and 20 submarines, 320 air craft, 7,500 tanks, 500,000 troops. (Putin calls up the reserves on this date so keep that in mind.) Russia launches ICBMs, the attacks at the following Red dots on the map bellow.
Notice the above maps. These dots are stagetically placed all over the US. They are placed at Nuclear stockpile locations and US powergrid locations. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk...) and (http://www.geni.org...) Even though there are some that get destroyed that head more inland those that don't strike strategic locations on the US West coast. Now that the US West cost power system is fried it will take its damage on the US through the lacking problems in the food system and since the US food stores have only one month's supply of food the entire west coast area is practically screwed by lack of food. (http://www.empcommission.org...) [Yes I know the source is that of an EMP, but the source has information on economics and other things needed for this war debate and is applicable.] Since my turn takes over a month I will also target major transportation roadways to also target these areas. Death tolls are skyrocketting from due to nuclear detonations and deaths from the US nuclear stockpile systems. The other colored areas (not yellow) are those vastly affected by the nuclear fallout from the bombs. To refute an upcoming argument of shooting down most of these. US has been cutting it's NMD program for quite some years and has significantly cut it almost entirely out of existance. (http://www.armscontrol.org...) So we can see that at this time the US doesn't have the materials necessary to stop this attack. Also appart of this attack Russian bombers bomb strategic waterways in the Pacific and key island areas such as Okinawa, Ohau, and Aiku, before Russian advancement in order to paralyse American forces before the upcoming attack.
This also occurs on the US east cost with the same numbers.
Opperation Lenin (Aprx. 15 days laters)
With the armored divisions being called back by the President in an expected retreat for them to help due to the failure of FEMA and other governmental organizations (see EMP document, note that this also applies to failure of US powergrid in the same attacks that I'm doing) and with the defenses destroyed due to the nuclear winds, Russians land unopposed. (Russia lands in Oregon and northern California. On the Eastern front Russia lands on Maine and Northern North Carolina and begin to fortify themselves in an established position.)
Russian forces in the East begin to move northward towards Richmond. Their Air force serges ahead to bombard costal towns including whats left of Washington DC. This is a new form of Blitzkreig known as Kugelblitz. The Russian Naval forces enter the Cheesapeek Bay area bombarding the cost line providing support fire for the troops on the shore line. Russian Subs go forward first to clear the area of any remaining ships.
This is about the OPEC issue. Russia, though may not be an OPEC member, is an obsever and other OPEC nations like Iran and Venesuela are strictly opposed to the US and they agree to place an embargo against the US and allied nations. Similiar to that of the Oil Crisis in the 1970's that caused massive oil shortages. This puts quite a bind on the US raising oil and gas prices through the roof and causing a crisis which also in turn affects the food shortage and skyrockets food prices that are already sky high. (http://en.wikipedia.org...)
Russia dumps the dollar and the Petrodollar
Russia dumps the dollar and the petrodollar. Due to this the Russian federation is now accepting oil in Yuan and strikes a deal with China for this to become the new reserve currency. This greatly affects the US currency and inflation and the value of the dollar drops as many OPEC nations are already concidering changing the dollar out for the Yuan. (http://www.globalresearch.ca...) This also crashes the US financial system here are interviews with US economists on the issue.
"It would be disastrous for our markets. All those excess dollars coming in, with bonds being sold, interest rates would spike.
We have not seen a return of health to the banking system. So, the system is very vulnerable; and if the Russians carry through with their threat, you have, indeed, the risk of it collapsing the system.” (http://usawatchdog.com...)
With that I will end my turn.
Gabe1e forfeited this round.
It does appear that my opponent has deactivated his account. Due to that under Rule 8 I get an auto win, plus his government is destroyed to the point of no administration so that is also an auto-win in Rule 8.
Gabe1e forfeited this round.
Since I have nothing for this round, please enjoy some of this Russian music.
Gabe1e forfeited this round.
3 votes have been placed for this debate. Showing 1 through 3 records.
Vote Placed by Prodigy0789 1 year ago
|Who won the debate:||-||-|
Reasons for voting decision: If Gabe would have posted one round, he would have won. Lannan13 can easily be countered.
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
|Who won the debate:||-|
Reasons for voting decision: Decisive Russian victory and forfeiture.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.