yoon172
Mickeymouse

WE should act now to stop bullying

yoon172

Pro

Though we are in the 21st century there are a lot of problems. One them is connected to one of the most cardinal responsibilities of children. Today, the number of bullying is increasing. I believe that bullying should not be tolerated. This has become a major issue especially in well-developed countries.

There are different types of bullying. In the 21st century there is a new different type of bullying. Cyber bullying has become a fashion for bullies these days because of modern technology. Cyber bullies use electronics to bully such as cell phone messages, computer e-mail, etc. Cyber bullying involves recurring or repeating harm inflicted through technology. The main reason why some bullies use this way is because in some places such as the internet, people are hard to identify. This will mean that the bully will be less likely to be caught. A study by Campbell of Year 8 students in Queensland, Australia found 14% had been a victim of cyber-bullying, 11% admitted to bullying, while 25% knew someone who had bullied. Evidence suggests that girls are more involved than boys as they are more likely to communicate regularly. It has been reported on the internet that cyber bullying may be influenced by videos that are uploaded on video sharing. Websites which contain offensive act or acts of bullying. Another interesting finding was that 10% indicated that another person has taken a picture of them via a cellular phone camera, consequently making them feel uncomfortable, embarrassed, or threatened.
Mickeymouse

Con

Now a days, people said we must stop bullying in school. But I think it's wrong idea. If students get bullied, why can't think about a problem with students who get bullied?

According to www.nabss.org students who get bullied always have a problem. Such as, they are too sensitive, they refuse someone to be friend, or they are acting kind. And if we start working to stop bullying, they trust us and starting to act strangely and do something they did not done before we started to do this kind of campaign.

I think we should not act to stop bullying because we can make student behave bad just because they think we can protect them in anyway.
yoon172

Pro

While many people think of bullying as some kind of harassment, it's more than that. The effects of bullying can be serious and even fatal. There is a growing body of research which indicates that individuals, whether child or adult who are suffering from bullying and harassment are at risk of stress related illness which can sometimes lead to suicide. Victims of bullying can suffer from long term emotional and behavioral problems. Bullying can cause loneliness, depression, anxiety, lead to low self-esteem and increased probability of illness.

The fight or flight mechanism, or stress response, is designed for responding to physical danger such being about to be attacked by a saber-toothed tiger but today is more likely to be activated by a psychological danger such as bullying at work, harassment, stalking, abuse for which it was not designed. The stress response can also be activated by anticipation of low-probability or long-term or non-life-threatening events such as financial problems (clinching the next big deal, how to pay the mortgage next month, motorway traffic jams, job security, picking up a parking ticket for a car park overstay, etc.) Different people respond with different degrees of stress to different stressors, a fact which has dogged research. Now, there is the worst scenario, suicide. We know that at least sixteen children in the UK kill themselves each year because of bullying at school. Each of these deaths is foreseeable, preventable and unnecessary. The true total could be as high as 80 or more. The bullying can last a long period of time until the anger starts building up in the victim. In some cases the victim could turn into a bully. A study said that 50% of the victims who got bullied turned into bullies themselves so that they can prevent from being bullied.

In the news, there were talks about some school shooting. School shootings had received an enormous amount of media attention. The Virginia tech massacre is the deadliest school shooting in US history. A Korean student had killed 34 people and wounding many more, before committing suicide. The police found the dead bodies and more than 200rounds of bullets.

Today, bullying is becoming more and more serious than ever. I personally believe that a school should be a sanctuary for kids that protect them from the outside world, but, because of the bullying, the sanctuary is no longer a safe place to be in.
Mickeymouse

Con

Hello everyone, it's very nice to see you again.

Well, last round we're talking about we should act now to stop bullying. And my point is that we don't need to stop a bullying.

Going to in my argument is, first often bullying can be viewed as child¢&s; and just a normal part of growing up. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact teachers and adults in general who think about bullying in these terms really didin't didn't a clue about this epidemic that is affecting children today in schools and in the communities in which they live. In order to fully understand this nationwide epidemic parents and teachers need to be better informed about the problem, then take steps to create an environment in school, in the home and in the community where bullying is not tolerated. So, if we started to make a campaign to stop bullying, it's same that we are stopping children to grow up and stopping them to become wise.

Second point, often the bully comes from a home where there are serious problems. Bullies often come from homes where violence or abuse is present, where there is poor parental supervision or very little parental supervision, where neglect is apparent, or where parents or siblings exhibit bullying behaviors to each other. Home environments such as these can create anger and rage in a child that can transform him/her into the school yard bully. I meant we don't need to think always that bullies are just bad because they have bad characteristics. In fact, we need to think that they have seen a bad things at home. So before doing a campaign, we need to think a solution to stop teenagers to stop looking at violence actions in home and hearing horrible noise actually.

For this kind of reason, I think we should not act to stop bullying in schools. Thank you.:)
Posted by dprieto2 6 years ago
dprieto2
"She kept texting me so many mean things that I wanted to throw my phone againstthe wall. I told my mom and she called her. After that the mean girl texted me, wow you can't fight your own battles!"
-11­year ­old from Michigan
cyber bullying is harder to stop than normal bullying. we need to stand together and help those who have fallen due to bullying. we help them stand, in this type of bulying one person can not stand lone and fight his own battles.
Posted by or8560 9 years ago
or8560
I have to say that yoon172 won this round.......
Posted by SocialistRI82 9 years ago
SocialistRI82
Bullying has been around since the begining of time. I think we pander to much to kids these days. They need to learn the harsh realities of life early on. It will better prepare them for the real world. They are to sheltered and catered to. They need to learn to fend for themselves.
Posted by gokorea 9 years ago
gokorea
Hi Jennifer..
I am Jane..
I miss ya so much!!
So, how are you??
Well,, I will try to be in debate class in March.
I hope to see you again!!
p.s. Just tell other students, like Ricky, Alice and other boys that I miss them~
Posted by Mickeymouse 9 years ago
Mickeymouse
To Jane:
your right he's mean oh and by the way, I'm Jennifer:)
You can call me Jennifer
To yoon:
:( ~~I believe in you in this that you don't mean I'm bad at debate right~^^;;-
Posted by gokorea 9 years ago
gokorea
Then, WHY are you keep saying that I am cheater? Ok, suppose it's true that I cheated for the debate. However, it is also true that you are mean, especially to me. So, I am calling you a mean person..
Posted by yoon172 9 years ago
yoon172
What I meant to say that by "challenge" means to invite that person to a debate. Also, Jane don't try to get people to support you by saying "Yoon is mean". (It never works)
Posted by gokorea 9 years ago
gokorea
To MickeyMouse :
Yoon is such a bad person, isn't he??
Posted by Mickeymouse 9 years ago
Mickeymouse
you meen that you debate with me because you wanted to challenge??!! HA!!
Posted by yoon172 9 years ago
yoon172
Ha Ha, didn't I post up a comment in the debate. I wanted to debate someone else, WHO is not like Jane. Why can't I have the freedom to challenge someone else? It doesn't mean that I'm bad that I didn't accept your debate 2 times. Maybe later if you have a good topic.
Vote Placed by dprieto2 6 years ago
dprieto2
yoon172MickeymouseTied
Vote Placed by Flipper94 6 years ago
Flipper94
yoon172MickeymouseTied
Vote Placed by skyjune01 9 years ago
skyjune01
yoon172MickeymouseTied
Vote Placed by andrew0205 9 years ago
andrew0205
yoon172MickeymouseTied
Vote Placed by KoreaRocks 9 years ago
KoreaRocks
yoon172MickeymouseTied
Vote Placed by paulsckwon 9 years ago
paulsckwon
yoon172MickeymouseTied
Vote Placed by zjack3 9 years ago
zjack3
yoon172MickeymouseTied
Vote Placed by or8560 9 years ago
or8560
yoon172MickeymouseTied
Vote Placed by JohnnyAppleseed12 9 years ago
JohnnyAppleseed12
yoon172MickeymouseTied
Vote Placed by yoon172 9 years ago
yoon172
yoon172MickeymouseTied