Straight_A_Kate
Grov3r

WWE is better than Pro Baseball

Started: 9/7/2012 Category: Sports

Straight_A_Kate

Pro

I think that the WWE is a way better sport than "The national pastime". Many people disagree with me. So I want to prove my point. This will be my first debate. So try and go easy on me.
Grov3r

Con

You cannot seriously tell me a scripted sport is better than baseball. In fact, this form of "wrestling" is not really a sport at all. It is simply a melodrama which casts beefy fella's and hot women (except for Vicki Guererro, of course). The episodes are scripted, and quite frankly rather predictable. There is a stigma attached to a person once they admit watching WWE. There are typically only two reactions that occurs upon the revelation of one's interest in WWE. They will either be met with a likewise fan, or bear witness to furrowed eyebrows and a slightly cocked head when the receiver of this information realizes they are staring at someone who has not let go of their childhood.

Baseball is impulsive and unscripted. It is a sport that held a country together during war and played a large roll in abolishing segregation when Jackie Robinson first played for the Brooklyn Dodgers in the late 1940's. There are thousands of baseball leagues nationwide where children can join and play. How many pseudo-wrestling leagues are there for kids? I know they exist, but how many are there? Baseball is widely accepted world-wide, and for a time was an Olympic sport. What you advocate as a sport will never be in the Olympics.

I will give you this, watching a baseball game can be one of the most boring experiences in a person's life; however, if I have to see R-Truth come out and sing that stupid rap song ever again I think I'll gouge my eyes out with a skateboard. One thing I cannot stand about WWE is how racist it is. Have you not noticed that 99% of the black wrestlers come out acting like thugs or gangsters? The only exception I see is Kofi Kingston. Meanwhile, a chunk of popular white wrestlers resembled white-trash. I offer Exhibit 1: The Bush Whackers. Exhibit 2: Jim Duggan. Exhibit 3: Mick Foley. They portray the only midget in WWE as a mute fool. Those are some solid characters for America's youth to emulate.

I watched WWE as a kid, and my wife continues to watch it. It reminds her of the times she spent with her father. This is how I know so much about some of the modern characters, which is all they are....characters. Baseball has players.
Straight_A_Kate

Pro

I forfeit
Grov3r

Con

Grov3r forfeited this round.