CAPLlock
SquadSix

WWIII what will happen

SquadSix
Started: 11/11/2011 Category: Arts

CAPLlock

Pro

This is a debate of who would win in a war fought by countries 5-5 style.
Con and I shall split what ever country we want
If you accept this and not spilt I have first pick so post in the comments.
R1 is Acc.
SquadSix

Con

All right so it is my Iraq, Mexico, France, Germany and Russia against your Japan, South Korea, United Kingdom, United States, Poland. Well this will be a good one. My first debate so I can't wait to see how this one turns out. Since this was just a who will join round(i assume) I will leave my statement as this and wait for the next round to start.
CAPLlock

Pro

Iraq, Mexico, France, Germany and Russia is my rivals. The Axis.

Now Russia is basiclly a island. No, I know Russia is not around much water, but it is by waste land and mountains. So if Russia wanted to attack Japan and South Korea they haveto to it by Navy and Air. Im running out of time but the Russian Navy is weak right now and could easily be beaten. The UK and Germany would be in a stalemate, in which poland would tip in my favor while the US will deal with the French. The US will also deal with the Iraqi.
SquadSix

Con

All right to go with the comment for the start of the war, it would seem hard to pinpoint one but if I had to go with one is that since the Americans have already fought Iraq a few times before the fighting escalated. Russia was getting a little tired of it and to become the most powerful nation they joined in with Iraq so they started to help them. Germany had already lost to the U.S. and Russia so they picked a side in case the fighting went to them, since Russia is closer they went with them. With France right next to Germany and Russian troops going in to support Germany(since the jets and boats will be used in the fight against Japan and S. Korea) France joins in with them. Mexico though would be a wildcard really. They joined but are probably not going to fight for the first few months or maybe even a year later waiting for the U.S. to get weaker since they are right next to them.

Now it would be true that Russia would only attack by air and sea with China being in the way(probably would be neutral and have no troops go through). Russia would most likely be in a tie with Japan and S. Korea in that battle and with France and Germany working together they would hold of the U.K.(until the U.S. would send reinforcements). Until Russia broke through Poland(or if Ukraine allowed troops to go through) then they couldn't support to the fullest. Russia I say would send at least 30,000 foot soldiers to support Iraq right away along with a few hundred jets and tanks. When Russia would brake through Poland(and come on they would) but not necessarily defeat them they would send maybe 2 times as much troops to support France and Germany dependent on the number of U.S. support troops.

I shall end my first phase of the war here and wait for the counter-attack.
CAPLlock

Pro

All right to go with the comment for the start of the war, it would seem hard to pinpoint one but if I had to go with one is that since the Americans have already fought Iraq a few times before the fighting escalated

This weaken Iraq. Iraq HAS to get help from Russia.

...Germany had already lost to the U.S. and Russia so they picked a side in case the fighting went to them
Russia has three fronts they have to deal with.
The Germanic front (Front A)
The Japan-South Korea Front(Front B)
And
The Iraqi Front(Front C)

since Russia is closer they went with them. With France right next to Germany and Russian troops going in to support Germany(since the jets and boats will be used in the fight against Japan and S. Korea) France joins in with them
If you look at a map of Russia, you know that the Ural Mountains are blocking most of Russia from the west side of the Ural. Thus, they cant sent every aging gun they have in there. Russia also has a aging Navy and Air force. Japan and South Korea should have no problem.

Now it would be true that Russia would only attack by air and sea with China being in the way(probably would be neutral and have no troops go through). Russia would most likely be in a tie with Japan and S. Korea in that battle

Lets face it, they would sent the Airforce to Front A, not Front B. Front B would most likely be sea battles, again America is here to save the Asians. USA will sent the Navy and sent the Ground and airforce to deal with Mexico to give them a deadly blow.

..and with France and Germany working together they would hold of the U.K.(until the U.S. would send reinforcements). Until Russia broke through Poland(or if Ukraine allowed troops to go through) then they couldn't support to the fullest. Russia I say would send at least 30,000 foot soldiers to support Iraq right away along with a few hundred jets and tanks. When Russia would brake through Poland(and come on they would) but not necessarily defeat them they would send maybe 2 times as much troops to support France and Germany dependent on the number of U.S. support troops
.

Said ground troops and Airforce will push the Russians to the Ural trapping them with the Russian Navy and Air force in Japanic area. Poland is only to hold the Russians back until The battle of Europe is finished.

I ask Con to delay his next debate a day later so I can have the time to shape my debate. Im busy.
SquadSix

Con

Now my opponent says I will have to deal with three fronts in Russia. If that is true wouldn't America have to also? They are already fighting Iraq and to send troops to Japan and S. Korea plus they are also going to have to help the U.K. and Poland.

You say Poland is to hold off Russia and that the Ural mountains will slow down Russia? Poland is a small country(put strong). The Ural are an obstacle but are you saying that we have no reserve plains? They could easily travel around the mountains in tanks and jeeps if they had to. You also said that the U.S would station around the Ural's? How is this? You would have to go through France and Germany, which isn't as easy as it sounds. I know Russia has very old ships but they are working on tactics to help them win battles. As it is said Russia is a Super Power so they aren't easily defeated.
Going back when you said Poland is to hold of Russia. If Russia were to attack Poland with German help they would have to defend both fronts. They would probably hold off Germany the least but that is where they falter. Germany would send most of its military to just have the support of Russia, and if you deny this you said that the battle in Japan and S. Korea would be a sea battle at first, so most if not all the ground troops will go to Poland(and Iraq). As seen in WWII the Ural Mountains did not hinder the Russians from getting to Germany and that is when Germany had a lot of power and allies. Poland has basically no support since it is right next to Germany and France. They will block all support and with Russia attacking along with Germany Poland will stand no chance. I say it will be a matter of months or a year to defeat Poland.

You defeated Mexico so they are out! Good job. But now Iraq, you say they are weakened. Sure they may not have numbers but they sure do have training. They have training from who else, America! They beat us in guerrilla tactics with Al-Qaeda and all their bombings. They aren't afraid to die and with this war going on for what is it now, at least 6 years they sure are persistent. With Russia helping them it will only get better. Their morale will get higher and they will fight harder. Iraq will not be easy to beat.

With France on the front lines of your European Campaign they will be a significant target indeed. They again are good fighters, but so is the U.K. The Germans would send a little support but when Russia broke through the U.S. would need to send more troops there instead of Iraq which lets the Russians help the Iraqis with weapons training and more.

You have hinted on how Russia would be easy to defeat in a sea-battle? Russia is a very tactful country and has survived harsh conditions for centuries. The Japanese have had earthquake after earthquake so their country is in disarray. They may seem fine but with their buildings destroyed and their nuclear facilities hindered if Russia could even get over Japan and start bombing(not nuclear) they would be in serious trouble. Though S. Korea is a peninsula in general they don't have the ability to stop Russia, they barely got by in the Korean War even with American help.

I shall wait for your next advance, and so you know Poland is out.

Left in war: U.S., U.K., Russia, France, Japan, S. Korea, Germany, and Iraq.
CAPLlock

Pro

CAPLlock forfeited this round.
SquadSix

Con

I shall add a brief scenario to continue the war.

With Russia helping the three main front counties they will push back the UK and US and send them back. As the war continues casualties rise but Russia's help turns into their favor, but the sea battle is going in Japan's and S. Korea's favor. We push the UK to their land and start destroying their cities. Their civilian casualties rise and France and Germany take a charge. They push the UK back farther and farther into their land and the UK loses. The US then sends all naval forces to help Japan and S. Korea. With France and Germany free to fight they send their air forces to support Russia which evens the fight. Iraq is still being fighting Americans though. German and French ground troops go to help Iraq and tip the favor for Iraq.

More Russian troops go to Iraq over turning the US troops sending them out of Iraq. Iraq has time to recover and is able to send little support to help the air forces over Japan and S. Korea. The sea battle is still locked in combat but with all four counties helping the tide will soon turn.

That is all I got, if you have any problems with this scenario please address them in your next argument.
CAPLlock

Pro

CAPLlock forfeited this round.
SquadSix

Con

Well with this forfeit I will have to say my side wins but I will put it in war.

As I said UK has failed and almost all support has been sent to stop the US, Japan, and S. Korea. This is where the final assault shall commence.

The navy forces are slowly pushing the Japanese and S. Korean's into a small area but American reinforcements keep coming. With ground troops now going up into Japan and S. Korea the war shall end soon. The U.S though was able to push a few battalions and put them in strategic locations in Japan and S. Korea. With this in mind Iraq and France focus their bombardments on land while Russia and Germany focus on the ships. With navy forces slowly going away they are forced to regroup with American vessels. They are able to do this but suffer major casualties. Their are hundreds of ships on both sides of the fronts but with Japan and S. Korea ships away from their homelands they hope the Americans can hold them off for their counter offensive.

Russians are able to set up their forces in both countries but with their small land mass they got into many skirmishes in both countries. Casualties are high but they are able to hold the Americans and remaining soldiers from both countries off. The ground troops have the countries split in half. They are both trying to find a soft spot in the defenses but with numbers on The Axis side the Americans are slowly being pushed back.

The naval battle starts with hundreds of planes exploding in the air. The ships on both sides take beating but again numbers are on the Axis side. It is a slow but sure victory. As the Japan and S. Korea forces wear thin and reinforcements from the Axis side coming they will be surrounded. American forces try to pull back to get a better area of attack but as the reinforcements come from the north and south they get trapped. The U.S gets reinforcements but the center had already collapsed and the full force of the Axis fell upon them.

The land battle was won in Japan in a matter of weeks. The Russian ships bombarded the land and destroyed the cities. The Americans had no support or anywhere to hide. The planes also destroyed the forests starting fires and killing many soldiers, including their own. The same strategy was used on S. Korea. Casualties are high and the war was over. The Axis prevailed and Russia became the strongest Super Power in the world. With troops low in America they became an easy target for Russia. Russia took over America and their nuke supply theirs and their authority is now in charge who knows what may happen.

If anyone wanted to start a part 2 with me to make an uprising it would be well accepted. I hope this final, not argument but story was to your liking I did my job. I never really could make an argument these last 2 rounds so I tried to make an entertaining story.

Thank you to the viewers who stayed and I hope you agree with the outcome.
Posted by SquadSix 5 years ago
SquadSix
All right someone needs to vote for Caplock. This debate isn't over so I would like this one to end in a tie. It is only fair.
Posted by CAPLlock 5 years ago
CAPLlock
Plz dont vote intil the next debate is finished
Posted by CAPLlock 5 years ago
CAPLlock
I may not have the time for this. Sorry.
Posted by SquadSix 5 years ago
SquadSix
All right, I shall wait a day or two
Posted by Liquidus 5 years ago
Liquidus
As a spectator, I will be expecting to see "what" the cause of this war is. I find it to be a necessary component that would be fun to decide as it would also determine the emotion and level of the warfare.
Posted by CAPLlock 5 years ago
CAPLlock
I take Japan, South Korea, United States, Poland and the UK
Posted by SquadSix 5 years ago
SquadSix
Hello, this is your Con. I would like to have Iraq, Mexico, France, Germany, and Russia. If any off these conflict with yours I would probably go with Venezuela, Italy, Poland, or Japan. Get back to me as soon as possible. My first debate so I hope it is a good one!
Vote Placed by jm_notguilty 5 years ago
jm_notguilty
CAPLlockSquadSixTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.