bcresmer
WrathofGod

WWIII what would happen

bcresmer

Pro

R1) acceptance
R2,3,4,5) begin agurements

Ill choose 3 countries and then r2 ill pick my last 2

my countries are Israel, U.K., and Mexico
WrathofGod

Con

I'm accepting this debate mostly as a public service. I intend to demonstrate why failing to set paradigms is probably a bad idea.

My Countries:

Standing at 300 million people, sporting the worlds largest economy and most expanisve military, weighing in at a youthful 236 years old, the New World Nightmare, the Democratic Demon, the one, the only YOUUUU...NIGHTED STATES OF AMERRRRRRRICAAAA.
U.S.A.

Our second ally, holding in its reserves half of the worlds nuclear arms, sporting the largest and most environmentally treacherous territory on Earth, the Red Bear, the Socking Sputnik, the abominable RUSSSSIAAAAAHHHH.
Russia

Our third ally presently has the world's fastest growing economy, a storehouse of nuclear arms and over a billion people ready to lock and load and conquer the planet, the Kung Fu Fighting, Communist Titan, CHYNNNNNAHHH
China

Our fourth ally is hoity toity, snobbish and self satisfied, smelly and heavily armed, the Furious Francois, the Electric Escargot, the Birthplace of the Baguette, FRANNNNNNNNCE
France

Finally, our fifth ally, the terrifying, the magnificent, the mysterious, the Squids from the Placids, the Commotion beneath the Ocean, the aquatic worldwide civilization from the movie Abyss, AHHHH BISSSSS EEEEE AHHHHH
Abyssia

bcresmer

Pro

Ok then.....

My final 2 countries are Reach from Halo, and Krypton.

U may begin saying how u "laughs" think u can beat me.
WrathofGod

Con

What are "worlds famous for being destroyed". I'll take the "Potent Potables" category for 500 Alex---oh, sorry, I thought this was an episode of Jeopardy for a second.

Ok, let's get this over with.

1) Time Machine
The first weapon I will use against you is my time machine. By that I don't mean a thing that goes through time like in "Back to the Future". I mean a clock. Preferably a digital one with the date on it.

Time is your worst enemy because it destroys two of your selections before the first shot is even fired in this war.

Krypton, the home planet of Superman, was destroyed before Superman ever arrived here on Earth. So you're a little late to get any help from them. (http://en.wikipedia.org...(comics))

Reach, the human colony decimated by the Covenant in the video game series Halo, won't be colonized until the 25th century, so you're about 400 years too early to get any help there. (http://halo.wikia.com...)

So, this leaves you with Israel, Mexico, and the United Kingdom to fight with.

2) Israel
Israel is your second strongest nation, but it's the first that will be destroyed. Why? Because it's also the smallest. I'll grant that before I smash Israel by detonating Chinese nuclear bombs over Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, Israel manages to launch a few themselves. That's fine, because China has nearly a billion people scattered across a landmass the size of Europe. We'll take our hit and live on to fight with minimal losses. Israel however is now a smoldering ash heap.

Shalom.

3) United Kingdom
The UK is your most powerful nation, and they will likely put up a valiant effort as they are being invaded from every side of their tiny Island. French, Russian, and U.S. war planes are bombarding Britain from every angle, the unmatchable U.S. Navy has pulverized Britain's coastal defenses and will soon mount a land invasion of marines. The U.K. is helpless against the three pronged attack, and if Britain utilizes Nukes as a last resort, they will be carpet bombed between the combined nuclear might of Russia and America, who when through, will still have enough nuclear power to create a new Sun.

Cheerio!

4) Mexico
Mexico's armed forces are so weak they cannot stand against the drug cartels and kidnapping gangs. So, in response to the Mexican threat, America passes a national policy of immigration amnesty to any Mexican nationals who stand against their expatriated home and fight for the U.S. . Mexico is annihilated in a week. America nukes them again for good measure.

Adios!

5) Nuclear Holocaust
In the aftermath of global nuclear war, nuclear winter ensues and humanity is eradicated by poisonous radioactive fallout. The Abyssians, deep beneath hundreds of miles of Oceanic protection, are unaffected by the annihilation of their contintental neighbors and continue to exist without incident.

Abyssia, as the last nation standing, wins the world war.

Vote Con.
bcresmer

Pro

Krypton, the home planet of Superman, was destroyed before Superman ever arrived here on Earth. So you're a little late to get any help from them. (http://en.wikipedia.org......(comics))

This is true, but there are survivors from the planet and 2 city's fully populated escaped its destruction.

Israel, after being in many wars with its enemies, has nuclear shelters and bomb shelters. Also, it has nuclear bombs that will take out high value targets, like China, U.S.A., Russian, and France military and political leadership.

As it has been proven many times in these kind of debates, Russia will take forever to get its military mobile to launch any kind of attack. I mean, look at how much trouble Georgia gave them.

Mexico has an great military. Ever since they started fighting the drug lords, they have been been getting success after success. They also have Nukes.

The U.K. has the best trained special forces in the world. The U.S. sends IT'S special force to train with the S.A.S. So they would put up a fight and push all invaders out.

Sadly, in a nuclear winter, EVERYTHING gets infected. That means the oceans 2. with no humans on earth, All ships, planes, and bombs degrade until they all ether explode or turn to dust. Your Abyssia is no more.

Vote pro
WrathofGod

Con

Krypton

The surviving Kryptonians likely lack the necessary technology for intragalactic travel, and as refugees fleeing the destruction of their home, they are unlikely to prioritize a foreign war over their present need to maintain their race.

Aside from this, with the destruction of Krypton the Kryptonians can be said to be defeated. Sure a few rogue ones may fly down to Earth and pester its citizens, but this cannot be considered part of the war strategy of Krypton. Krypton is defeated, whatever remnant of its former citizens may remain is irrelevant to the war because Krypton itself cannot prevail.

Israel

Nuclear shelters may keep some of your people alive, but they don’t protect your country’s infrastructure or military bases. Further, while I agree that Israel can attack China, it doesn’t have the delivery capacity to at the same time strike all my other nations. Face it, Israel is vastly outgunned and its postage stamp land area resembles a red target for China’s nukes. I’ll give you that Israel fires back before it is destroyed, but with 1 Billion people spread across one of the world’s largest national territories, the Chinese will still be in the fight after their spat with the Israelis.

Mother Russia

Russia doesn’t need more of a mobilized military than they already have given the U.S. global naval and airforce supremacy. Russia can calmly launch nukes from their submarines and MIG fighter jets safely intermingled within the ranks of U.S. Aircraft Carriers and French ground troops (I’m letting the French lead the charge on foot, we can stand to lose a few French people).

Further, Georgia v Russia was not a whole lot of trouble. It was a regional conflict that only made news because Russia was being watched by the international community, and especially NATO (who had offered Georgia protection) to be sure Russia didn’t cremate the Georgians. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Viva Mexico

Mexico doesn’t have nukes…http://en.wikipedia.org...

Mexico doesn’t have "an" (sic) great military…http://www.globalfirepower.com...

Mexico is ranked 30th in the world in military strength. For perspective, the Philipine Islands and Canada both rank substantially higher. If Mexico had any self respect, it would hang itself from Florida and avoid the embarassment of putting up a fight.

United Kingdom

Special forces don’t push out invading Marines, and they certainly don’t stand against Naval and Air Force artillery barrages. Special Forces strategically attack unique targets under extremely limited conditions. They would be squashed in a defensive war against the world’s largest military. Sure James Bond is super suave and super cool, but only when he can sneak around at parties and seduce gorgeous models/doctors/astrophysicists. He wouldn't prevail in a scenario less like a Bond film and more like the movie 300.

Barring the disaster soccer hooligans would cause during the foreign occupation, Britain will be trashed facing any two of my three surrounding countries.

Duke Nukem

In Nuclear winter, everything is affected, not infected. Radiation isn’t a biochemical. And by everything I think you mean most stuff. Gamma radiation and a changed climate are surface level phenomena; bury yourself deep enough and it won’t bother you. Ironically just a second ago you were insisting that Israelis will be just dandy in their 10 foot deep bomb shelters, but apparently the Abyssians hundreds of miles in the deepest darkest recesses of the Ocean are doomed. If Abyssia is aware of the nukes at all it will be because they saw them on television, which apparently they have in the movie though they never cared to explain how the Abyssians got cable.

By the numbers…
So, when we measure a military’s strength and rank its nation, these are the world’s top 10:
1. United States
2. Russia
3. China
4. India
5. U.K.
6. Turkey
7. South Korea
8. France
9. Japan
10. Israel

http://www.globalfirepower.com...

I’ll also note that Japan and S. Korea are on the list only because the U.S. has bases on each. So really, America not only tops the strongest 10 nations, it accounts for 3 of them. You should also note that 4 of my nations rank in the top 8 while Israel comes in 10th, and the U.K., your strongest nation, tops off at 4th, neither coming remotely close to the capacity of three of my four nations (US #1, Russia #2, China #3). Unless this war is taking place in some alternate universe where the team with the least guns wins, you’re screwed.

bcresmer

Pro

bcresmer forfeited this round.
WrathofGod

Con

Because my opponent has dropped his last round (and because, let's face it this debate was over with "Mexico has nukes") I've decided to compose a haiku:

World War Three is bad
Except for Abyssia
Don't pick Mexico
bcresmer

Pro

i dont even kno wat to say...............
Posted by shojua27 5 years ago
shojua27
Haikus really tell a story of the human condition.
Posted by shojua27 5 years ago
shojua27
And yes, I mean a whole kindergarten, not a single student. I likened it to what Neo did to the agents Smiths in the burly brawl scene in reloaded.
Posted by shojua27 5 years ago
shojua27
As entertaining as this debate is....its almost like watching a video of a roided up college football defensive lineman beating up on a kindergarten....hilarious
Posted by WrathofGod 5 years ago
WrathofGod
lol @ adams
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
pro is screwed
Posted by DanT 5 years ago
DanT
Too vague, nobody will accept.
Posted by craic37 5 years ago
craic37
what is the resolution?
I am interested just please explain this further.
Vote Placed by phantom 5 years ago
phantom
bcresmerWrathofGodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Countering babygirl who both Vbombed and got her sides mixed up.
Vote Placed by babygirl23 5 years ago
babygirl23
bcresmerWrathofGodTied
Reasons for voting decision: wrath of god hd way better points and stuff thats the dude rocks in debates!