soldieroffortune
MarquisX

Walmart or fedex should run our government

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
Started: 5/23/2011 Category: Economics

soldieroffortune

Pro

The government is very inefficient. If the money is not spent by the next fiscal year end the unit "if let's say the military" will get less money next year so they just spend it all so they are rewarded for waste. I am experienced in how some parts of government run. This is why I don't understand why government does not seem to want to become more efficient.
Companies are run to create a profit so they cut out the cancerous inefficient parts and reward productivity why can't we create a productive government.
This is just a thought don't you wonder why there are more cops out giving tickets when the city is losing money jails and tickets are revenue so lock up more people make more money?
MarquisX

Con

I accept this debate challenge.
To answer some of your points, running a successful Corporation is very different from running a country. It's not even in the same ballpark. The main thing you have to worry about in running a company is finances and PR(public relations), whereas in a country like America you have to worry about Finances, PR, international affairs, Health Care, I could go on and on. Also no, throwing more people in jail WILL NOT fix out financial problems

Looking forward to your arguments. Thank you.
soldieroffortune

Pro

I dont know if you know this but walmart also has public affairs, international affairs, health care and other issues just the same as running a country. oh my last statement about locking people up was not about what we should do its about what is already being done.
MarquisX

Con

Walmart has a little over 2 million employees*. 1.6 of them are suing Walmart AS WE SPEAK. You ask that we put these people in charge of our government? And this is just a run of the mill class-action lawsuit! Oh no sir! This is the biggest lawsuit in the history of the U.S**. It is estimated that the suit could cost WalMart billions. And you sit there and INSIST that we put these people, this corporation in charge?! And with No evidence or reasons as why? No arguments. If WalMart were to run the government, they would also run the courts. SO tell me, my good sir, how then would these 1.6 million women GET THE JUSTICE THEY DESERVE?! You have no answer.....for there is no answer. You have yet to present to me a single solid argument towards your point and also a single shred of evidence, that you have any idea of what you're talking about. I await your reply. Good night and GOOD LUCK

*http://www.quora.com...
**http://www.katv.com...
soldieroffortune

Pro

soldieroffortune forfeited this round.
MarquisX

Con

My opponent has forfeited. Vote Con.
Posted by i8JoMomma 3 years ago
i8JoMomma
charles manson should run this country
Vote Placed by quarterexchange 3 years ago
quarterexchange
soldieroffortuneMarquisXTied
Reasons for voting decision: Gee this was close
Vote Placed by feverish 3 years ago
feverish
soldieroffortuneMarquisXTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited and didn't argue his extraordinary concept of corporate governance at all well.