War Debate: United States of America (Pro) vs Russian Federation (Con)
This is a war debate. It is impossible to accept this debate. If you want to accept, please send me a PM. If you somehow find a way to accept this debate, you will automatically forfeit the complete 7 points. Tell me what country you will represent, and tell me why I should choose you to be my opponent; give me a very good reason as to why you want to do this debate and why you would be a worthy opponent. I am The United States Of America. Comment if you are interested. If you want to debate, message me.
If you are a member of the Art of War (AOW) debate group [created by @The-Voice-of-Truth], then you must vote on this debate. If you are a member of AOW and accept this debate, then state your win/loss ratio.
If you are interested in joining AOW, message Tejretics or @The-Voice-of-Truth. The primary prerequisite to join this group is: you have to have participated in AT LEAST ONE war debate. If you are a member of AOW, you must vote on other members' war debates unless a valid reason is given. You can challenge other members to debates related to war game scenarios.
There is a Moderator who will ensure that this debate follows the below rules. For this debate, the Moderator is Tejretics.
There are some strict rules that apply. Voters must penalize any violation of the rules.
2. Each country's turn can range from about 3 days to 60 days long, so all actions must be in accordance with this time period. (DO NOT try to win in one turn! Take into account that your opponent is also a living, thinking being that can adapt to a situation.)
3. Morale is a key factor in your armed forces' effectiveness.
4. You may produce more military forces (soldiers, ships, aircraft, tanks/humvees/cavalry), but it depends on your military budget, your country's population, and how industrialized your nation is.
5. You are defending.
6. The defender makes the first move.
7. The defender's primary military objective is to remove the attacker's forces from the defender's territory. The attacker's primary military objective is to annex the other country, or destroy it (physically, economically, etc). Secondary military objectives can be made by the debaters if they wish. Fulfillment of the military objectives is victory. If either side fails to fulfill their set objectives, the voters are free to reasonably determine the winner based off of who was more successful in completing their objectives.
8. If a nation's capital is destroyed/liberated, this does not necessarily mean that the war is won; the capital could be recaptured. If one of the debaters destroys or controls the administration of the opposing country, OR if the opposing country is destroyed to the point of no administration, then that debater is immediately guaranteed a 7-point victory.
9. Every aspect of the war must be realistic and must remain within the parameters established by the rules and the title. Any unrealistic action and actions deviating from the rules will cause the entire action to be void. Any further deviation after the first void action will result in a complete debate forfeiture.
10. Weapons of mass destruction are NOT allowed. A WMD is defined as:
-Radiological weapon or a radiological dispersion device: any weapon designed to spread radioactive material
-Nuclear or Thermonuclear weapon: an explosive device that derives its destructive force from nuclear reactions
-Chemical weapon: a device that inflicts chemicals designed to harm or kill humans/animals
-Biological weapon: the use of biological toxins or infectious organisms to inflict damage.
Non-conventional detonation of conventional weapons IS allowed.
11. No allies (NATO, UN, Muslim Brotherhood, or otherwise) under ANY circumstances. Annexation of other countries or agreements that allow formations of larger nations and/or direct military intervention is NOT allowed. Personnel and forces CANNOT be supplied by other nations.
You CAN have military or diplomatic agreements and/or treaties with other nations (agreements not to interfere etc). Radical groups, militant organizations, paramilitary factions et cetera are NOT allowed.
Religion is NOT a factor. No economic sanctions from any other nation, but economic warfare is allowed.
You cannot increase your country’s population, nor can you use ANY method to allow the involvement of other countries other than what is specified. You cannot receive donations or economic support from private agencies.
12. Cyberwarfare is allowed. Electronic warfare is limited to radar/radio jamming and interception; NO EMPs.
13. The country chosen must be one of the 206 sovereign states recognized by the United Nations as of 2015. Former states such as the USSR are not accepted, nor are territory-controlling factions not officially recognized by the United Nations, such as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, currently the Islamic State), and Gaza Strip, controlled by Hamas, but recognized by the UN as a part of Palestine. You cannot choose my nation.
14. Appropriate conduct MUST be maintained: no insults, cursing, profanity, vulgar language or trolling. Any violation of appropriate conduct WILL BE REPORTED to DDO authorities.
15. If you fail to follow the rules once, you will be given a warning and your actions in that round will be void. Further disobedience of ANY of these rules WILL result in an immediate loss of the debate.
16. The Instigator is Pro.
17. These debates are strictly Force versus Force; no civilian action is allowed unless Total War is declared.
18. TOTAL WAR can be declared only as an absolute last resort. Total war is defined as the complete mobilization of all available manpower of the country. In a state of total war, every able citizen either joins the military personnel or the military labor workforce.
19. All scenarios MUST be realistic; there MUST be an established reason for conflict.
20. We may either follow the date-time storyline format, or state the events that occur directly as realistically possible in a period of 45 days.
21. This is a Category 2 AOW debate. A category 2 debate DO NOT allow the usage of WMDs. Category 1 debates allow WMDs.
UNITED STATES ARMY
Active frontline personnel: 1,400,000
Total aircraft: 13,892
Total Navy: 473
Aircraft carriers: 20
Defense budget: $577,100,000,000 (may be higher at the moment)
Labor force: 155,400,000
I am Russia and will be defending.
Total population: 142,470,272
Available population: 69,117,271
FIt for service: 46,812,553
Reaching age Anually:1,354,202
Active Frontline Personal: 766,055
Active Reserve Personal: 2,485,000
Towed Artillery: 4,625
Total Airpower: 3,429
Fixed Wing Attack Aircraft:1,305
Trainer Aircraft: 346
Total Naval Strength: 352
Aircraft Cariers: 1
Coastal Defense Craft: 65
Oil Production: 10,580,000 bbl/day
Oil Consuption: 3,200,000 bbl/day
Proven Oil Reserves: 80,000,000,000 bbl/day
Labor Force: 75,290,000
Merchant Marines Strength: 1,143
Major Ports ang Terminals: 7
Roadway Converge: 982,000
Railway Converge: 87,157
Servicable Airports: 1,218
Defense Budget: $60,400,000,000
External Debt: $714,200,000,000
Reserves of Foreign Exchange and Gold: $515,600,000,000
Purchasing Power Parity: 2,553,000,000,000
Square Land Area: 17,098,242 km
Coastline: 37,653 km
Shared Border: 22,407 km
Waterways: 102,000 km
My win loss ratio I believe is 6:2 with 6 wins and 2 loss. Also a few ties.
Now I will state the cause of the war.
June 1 A Russian merchant ship collides with an American merchant ship. Both demands an apology.
June 2 America accuses Russia of giving Syrian government forces Russian Sukhois. Russia denies that claim.
June 5 An explosion in Moscow happens. A building is severely damaged with 20 dead and many injured. Many believe America did this.
June 7 The epic diplomat Mr. Almighty has joined Russia to help them. Although a bit busy he will assist them.
June 9 Russia tested something out. They send a passenger plane to Canada accompanied by 2 Russian Mi-24s they obscure them from view from the left part of the plane. Once they get close to Canada, the passenger plane says they have something on radar. Sure enough on the opposite side of the plane an American AH-64 fires off at the plane. The Russian Mi-24s quickly fire back destroying the American helicopter. The Russian helicopters manage to save 10 people. They see America's ambition. America wants to destroy Russia. Seeing this defense of the passenger plane as a failure they return.
June 11 Russia passes the Quit-America act. Any American goods past June 9 are to be destroyed. Russian companies can not do business with America. For the few American in Russia, any Americans that have not lived there for more than 1 year will be reported(idea got off from Gabe1e). Any who refuses is to be killed. Russia attempts to get its Russian out of America.
June 12 Russia begins mobilization. America sends Russia an ultimatum or risk declaration of war.
June 13 Russia refuses and America declares war. Soon after America begins its mobilization. Russia prioritizes any Sukhoi su-30, Sukhoi-su 35, and Sukhoi PAK FA. For tanks Russia prioritizes T-90 Tagils. For helicopters, Kamov Ka-52 Hokum b.
June 15 Russia begins a minefield protecting them from attacks from Alaska or if America attacks from Japan. Any Russian ships not already at the Black or Baltic sea besides those at the eastern part of Russia are moved to The Baltic or Black Sea.
June 18 Russia begins by trying to attack America on the cyber front. Since Russia has better cyber warfare capabilities, they will break through them first. They are aiming for the factories of America along with American radar, oil facilities and anything to be used to strike back at Russia. Russians are joining the army at a rapid pace.
June 20 The Black and Baltic Sea fleets are also being protected by minefields.
I have nothing more to do since I am defending.
June 21st: American ambassador to the UN protest against the inhumane treatment of our citizens inside Russia.
"United States of America, hereby protest against the execution of American citizens. This inhumane violates the Geneva Convention IV, which protects the right of our citizens. We ask the UN to look at this case and decide whether the Convention had been violated." -American ambassador speaking to the UN.
June 22nd: The United States increases trade with China in order to keep up their lost businesses in Russia. They also increase oil trade with Saudia Arabia, (the most oil in the world) and discusses trades with OPEC.
June 23rd: The USA mobilizes troops to attack Russia, but before they do that, they have a plan in place. A small group of USA craft mobilize near Alaska. Little are blown up by minefields, because they use minesweeping to their advantage and locate the mines. They launch the first set of IBCMs at the eastern parts of Russia. At the same time, The map below shows it. Every single one of these targets are hit with ICBMs. At the same time, another amount of US small crafts go into the Baltic sea. They use minesweeping and get past most mines, and they launch ICBMs as well. This means that all nuclear storage facilities are officially destroyed or damaged severely. Russia has barely anymore nuclear weapons. (I saw Lannan do this with another debater many times and I wanted to try it)
After that we have a picture of the nuclear power plants. They are also hit with ICBMs. As this is happening, the death toll is rising. Radiation is spreading across Russia, and the USA's fleet is mobilizing. Most Russians are left without power and their food is spoiling. Russian currency is decreasing, inflation increasing. This takes a span of about a month.
July 25th: After the bombing stops finally. The death toll is about 3 to 6 million and rising.
July 26th: The USA passes the same act as Russia.
July 27th: The UN declares it was violated, but from what the US did to Russia, they do not take action.
July 28th: More than 1,000,000 USA troops along with 30,000 AFVs, 6,000 tanks, 1,000 SPGs, 1,000 MLRs, 3,000 helicopters, 10,000 total aircraft, and 400 navy, cross the Bering Strait. They begin taking territory with ease, moving across the scorched ground.
July 29th: They break in half, into Alpha and Bravo. Alpha takes more northern towns and Bravo takes more southern towns.
July 30th: By now, they have made it to Yatkutsk. They hold their positions and wait for supplies.
July 31st: OPEC meeting takes place, they all agree to boycott Russia from oil or any other resources if the USA gives them supplies and some money, about $300 thousand to each country.
August 1st: Bravo and Alpha keep advancing with no resistance, and this time they are backed up by AC-130 Spectre's, who bomb any resistance in their path, but there is very little.
Mass production of aircraft:
The United States prioritizes the production of Apache helicopters, A-10 Thunderbolt II's, UH-72 Lakota's, C-17 Globemaster III's to carry troops and other supplies, AC-130 Spectre's, and F/8-18 Hornet's. Most are used for attacking, as that is their sole purpose.
Many civilians have lined up to join the army, and the USA supports civilians joining the military. About 300,000 have lined up on the first day the USA declared war, and since then about 200,000 to 400,000 have already joined. This is not total war yet.
Russia's powergrid is shattered, but they still have some power left, and the USA has no idea if their cyber-warfare team is even alive. However, the USA cyber-team is at the ready.
Inflation and Boycotts:
The USA and OPEC have agreed to an agreement, as stated. Russia will receive nothing from OPEC and will need to get oil some other way. Russia is boycotted and really has nothing to bring in. They stand alone.
1. Russia has anti-ballistic missiles you know. How did you get ICBM get past them? At least for the west part of Russia since ABM were position there before this scenario even.
2. Nuclear radiation doesn't stay in one country. Not good for China, Mongolia, etc.
3. Rule 11 states no economic sanctions from any other nation. I'm pretty sure that is a rule violation that the moderator should give a warning.
4. How many mine sweeping ships were you using because mines aren't easy to remove when there's over 1,000? America has only like 12 mine warfare ships.
5. How did you get past my fleet at the bearing Strait and Sea of Okhotsk? I am going to assume you somehow dodged them.
6. How did you shatter my power grid? Russia is not completely dependent on nuclear power? Also the first reason.
7. I'm pretty sure Russia would have broken through US cyber defenses by now.
8. Bad idea not bring any ABMs
9. I'm pretty sure your troops would be affected by nuclear radiation also. They aren't super warriors.
For now Russia did not receive sanction except from you. Russia does not have a problem with not having enough oil as they already have plenty and are producing more than they consume. Realistically the economic front has little difference. Russia having the third best cyber warfare(after China and Israel) with just being slightly inferior to the two. Unless you can prove that Russia would not have broken through US cyber defense by now(do it in the comments) then American cyber defenses are shattered. If you do, there is no way they would not haven broken through by the end of my turn.
Prepare yourself. Its gonna get ugly for America.
August 2 Russia sees the American forces they see they have no choice, but it is the only way to stop them at least for now. They name this operation overlord. Russia gets its grand army of over 2,000,000. They get as much aircraft that can fight. Factories are ordered to produce aircraft that can go at least 150 mph with no weapons. If they are not producing enough they are to taken over temporarily by the Russian government. Items such as gas masks and anything to protect against the nuclear radiation are handed out
August 10 With production going smoothly they begin marching towards the Ural mountains waiting for the planes.
August 20 With many of the planes produced, the factories are to be switch backed to what was being produced originally. Russia gets its ballistic missiles into position. Operation Overlord begins American radar are jammed to give of false signals. To the American they see signals that the Russians are coming mostly from the south west when really they are coming from the northeast. Russia surprise attacks them from the North west in the process ballistic missiles are being shot at the American position, but not close enough to harm the Russian advance. The planes Russia has been producing with no guns kamikaze into any American positions. American positions on the ground are being overwhelmed. Russian anti-air weaponry is making quick work of American aircraft. American forces are being annihilated with the ballistic missiles, the Russian ground force, and Russian aircraft.
August 21 In the end, this was the second deadliest battle ever besides the battle of Stalingrad. Almost the entire invading army is destroyed. The remaining will not escape. The Russian army on the other hand suffered roughly half the losses. The Russian airforce didn't suffer as many losses as America with the lack of anti-air solution America decided to bring. Russian ICB missiles are locked on America ships. They fire taking several out ships including an aircraft carrier America has. Any remaining planes without guns kamikaze into any Russian ships towards the surface. Only American submarines are safe. 30 American naval vessels are destroyed including an Aircraft carrier. More mines are being replaced also being protected by anti-mines which are although cheap, can really hinder efforts to remove mines.
August 22 Russia works a deal out with China. Russia will direct as much attention as possible to the nuclear radiation in the west. In return China will buy more oil from Russia.
August 30 Russia liquidated 2 billion of federal exchanges to help fund getting rid of the nuclear radiation. With about 99.9% of the American ground forces defeated Russia expects it will be very difficult for America launch another attack. A new minefield in eastern Russian waters is being made.
Good luck trying ti attack again with much of your airforce destroyed, along with your ground forces. Russian continue to come in every day to join the army.
Bradford7 forfeited this round.
Russia_The_almighty forfeited this round.
Bradford7 forfeited this round.
Russia_The_almighty forfeited this round.
Bradford7 forfeited this round.
Russia_The_almighty forfeited this round.