War Game: Germany(defender) vs. France(attacker)

Started: 1/8/2015 Category: Games

This is a war debate. It should be impossible to accept. If you want to accept, please comment. If you somehow find a way to accept this debate, you will automatically forfeit the complete 7 points. Tell me what country you will represent, and tell me why I should choose you to be my opponent; give me a very good reason as to why you want to do this debate. I am Russia. If you want to debate, message me.

There are some strict rules that apply:

1. Use this source for military numbers only, as it is the most reliable:;

2. Each country's turn will be about a month to three months long, so please take in consideration of how much you do in a turn, make it reasonable. (DO NOT try to win in one turn! Take into account that your opponent is also a living, thinking being that can adapt to a situation.)

3. Morale is a key factor in your armed forces' effectiveness.

4. You may produce more military forces (soldiers, ships, aircraft, tanks/humvees/cavalry), but it depends on your military budget and how industrialized your nation is.

5. You may choose to invade or defend.

6. You may choose whether or not it is I whom makes the first move or if it is you whom makes the first move.

7. If a nation's capital is destroyed/liberated, this does not necessarily mean that the war is won; the capital could be recaptured.

8. Distinguished opponent can have ONLY ONE WMD. (Chooses WMD)

9. WMD is to be used as a last resort. It can only be used if there is an extreme threat to the nation.

10. IF a WMD is to be used, you MUST fully describe the effects of its' use IN DETAIL. Every aspect of the WMD's effects MUST be correct and realistic. Any unrealistic detail in the effects will cause the use of the weapon and ALL of its' effects to become void, and there will be no "restocking" of the WMD. Once you use it, you used it, whether or not the effects are void.

11. Every aspect of the war MUST be realistic. Any unrealistic detail will cause the entire action to be void. Three infractions of this rule will result in an immediate defeat.

12. At the beginning of the "war," you MUST specify what country you are, what WMD you will use (and describing the weapon using the below rules in the weapons' list), and you must show what the entirety of your armed forces is made of (soldier count, tanks, artillery, ships, aircraft, etc.).

13. Specify what your WMD is going to be. Specify ALL measurements of the WMD (yield, range, parts-per-million, altitude, longitude, latitude, etc).

14. You may choose ONE weapon from the following list of WMDs:

- Nuclear Weapon:
No larger than a 20 kiloton yield. MUST specify type of detonation (underground/collapse, ground/shock, air burst/dust). MUST specify location of detonation(longitude, latitude, altitude. Also name country, province/state, and city of detonation).

- Chemical: Maximum 15 parts-per-million. Specify chemical type. Anthrax and all nerve agents ARE allowed, but only one can be used.

- MOAB: Able to penetrate a bunker with a maximum depth of 30 feet. Any measurement under 30 feet is accepted. Must be used on bunkers ONLY.

- Biological: Minimum parts-per-million of 15. Maximumm initial infection of 1,000 people, but the infection may spread further.

- Ballistic Missile: Maximum 6 warheads. Specify type of ballistic missile. Location of each warhead detonation (longitude, latitude, and altitude) MUST be provided and the effects MUST be fully explained in detail. Type of warhead must be specified at the beginning of the "war."

15. No allies (NATO or otherwise) under ANY circumstances.

16. No insults, cursing, or any inappropriate behavior.

17. No trolling.

18. Disobedience of ANY of these rules WILL result in an immediate "strike." If you acquire 3 "strikes," you immediately forfeit the debate.

My oponent will go first and tell his plans and ect. of attack.

Thank you for letting me debate.

-- I noticed that my opponent has set a limit of 20 kt yield for the Nuclear Weapons. I urge him to raise it, considering that even 'Fat Man', the bomb dropped on Nagasaki in 1945, had a yield of 21 kt... It goes without saying that all the Nuclear warheads available currently hold a superior yield than 20 kt. --

Since France is invading in this case, if I somehow were to lead the armed forces, I would suggest invading on two fronts : from the south west towards the major cities such as Stuttgart, Frankfurt and Munich. Obviously this will require a large amount of troops, aircrafts and tanks. Persistent bombing of the major cities will play a role in instigating a military occupation of the cities named earlier.

The second front would be via waterway. French Navy would take the English Channel, french troops would invade from the north and take Hamburg and Bremen. Thus setting a safe connection from France to Germany for shipment of supplies and re-enforcement. Once this is accomplished, this front would set for aim the capture of Berlin.

The success of my plan of attack depends of course of my opponent's action.

GDP(German Defensive Plan)

WMD: Chemical Weapon(Mustard Gas)

News Announcement!

France has declared war on Germany for assuming threats that the German President has made. German men and women have been called to arms to fight back this attacking force. We must defend our coast to the north and our border to the west. We must not fail! We must push on and push back this threatening enemy! Unite as one we will, and take down the enemy. GERMANY!!!

I guess what we are starting with are the Invasions of Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg and Bremen. So I will tell my defensive plan for these cities.

March 4, 2020

The recent news announcements through out Germany have started to cause widespread recruitment of troops. Every man and woman of age will and can be recruited into the army, air force, and navy if needed.

March 13, 2020

Germany has started to use conscription instead of regular recruitment. Due to the failures of recruitment, and Propaganda has started to become widespread.

March 30, 2020

The U.N(United Nations) has said they will not assist France or Germany in this war and will stay neutral. NATO has also said they will not interfere in this French Invasion.

April 6, 2020

Defenses are to be placed in the major cities of Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg, and Bremen. Major defenses will be mines, bunkers, trenches, tank traps, mobile artillery field and mobile anti-air fields.

April 18, 2020

Total Population: 81,147,265

Available Manpower: 36,417,842

Fit for Service: 29,538,413

Reaching Military Age Annually: 790,368

Active Frontline Personnel: 183,000

Active Reserve Personnel: 145,000

Land Systems:

Tanks: 408

AFVs: 4,279

SPGs: 185

Towed-Artillery: 0

MLRSs: 252

Air Power:

Total Aircraft: 710

Fighters/Interceptors: 190

Fixed-Wing Attack Aircraft: 74

Transport Aircraft: 433

Trainer Aircraft: 47

Helicopters: 401

Attack Helicopters: 26

Naval Power:

Total Naval Strength: 82

Aircraft Carriers: 0

Frigates: 12

Destroyers: 0

Corvettes: 5

Submarines: 4

Coastal Defense Craft: 8

Mine Warfare: 15

April 30th, 2020
German city of Bremerhaven.

France reaches German shores. Days later, french troops succeed at seizing the city, mainly due to the superior navy fleet [1]. The city falls rather quickly since the french are able to send a great number of troops through the English Channel. The capture of this city is essential, as it is key to Germany's maritime trade. [2] Bremerhaven's capture means that german ships leaving the country, from Bremen and Bremerhaven are seized. This impairs the German economy. Reinforcements begin to arrive for the next phase : The invasion of Bremen.

May 5th, 2020

Shelling and persisted bombardment of the city.

May 8th, 2020

The superior french air force [3] secures near total air domination of the city and its surrounding areas. Despite meeting a tough opponent on the battlefield, the french succeed at taking control of the city on May 30th. This means that the port is now used for bringing in goods for the military. The capture of the Bremen-Flughafen International airport facilitates even more the transport of goods and troops from France to Germany.

June 1st, 2020
Franco-German border.

The french forces are divided in two fronts :
One aimed at the capture of Frankfurt
The second aimed south for Stuttgart

[1] Global Firepower :
[2] Bremerhaven, Wiki :
[3] Global Firepower :

Conspiracy_Solver forfeited this round.

Following Conspiracy_Solver's sudden forfeiture, I'll have to do the same as this debate cannot go further without him.

Conspiracy_Solver forfeited this round.

maydaykiller forfeited this round.

Conspiracy_Solver forfeited this round.

To conclude, I ask the voters to vote according to who they believe has done simulated the war in the best way.
Posted by tejretics 1 year ago
@Mayday was right ... 20 kiloton nukes are non-existent.
Posted by Russia_The_almighty 1 year ago
Honestly Germany could have won, they have the best tanks in the world today.
Posted by Conspiracy_Solver 1 year ago
MayDay it stays the same.
Posted by maydaykiller 1 year ago
I'm not complaining, I'm suggesting.
And what polite ways to take suggestions, @Conspiracy_solver...
Posted by Conspiracy_Solver 1 year ago
Mayday it stays 20 kt. stop complaining.
Posted by maydaykiller 1 year ago

The AN-51, AN-52, AN-51 CTC, and the AN-52 CTC were all retired as part of the Pluton Program, in 1993. I would like to reiterate that France, currently, holds no weapons of such yield.

Again, my best advise would be to change the rule.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
The rules state that the yield can be less than or equal to 20 kilotons, not that it has to be 20 kilotons.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
Not true. The AN-51, AN-52, AN-51 CTC, and the AN-52 CTC have a yield between 6 kilotons and 25 kilotons, and the yield can be altered based on detonation and bomb configuration.
Posted by maydaykiller 1 year ago
Yes, but France has no weapon that holds 10-20 kiloton in its nuclear arsenal. Currently, France mainly operates the TN-81 which holds a yield of 100 to 300 kilotons.

By the way I am well aware of what's an Tactical nuclear weapon.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
Here is a video of what a 10 kiloton ground-burst nuke can do:
Vote Placed by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Well, FF and no real war. Only real war action taken was by France.