War Scenario: Saudi Arabia (Pro) v. Iran (Con)

This round is exclusively for acceptance and establishing rules.

1. Realism does not have to be perfect, but at all times when the proper information is available based on the country you are using it should be taken in to account, this includes alliances, the political landscape of the country and their form of government, military strength and capabilities, intelligence, scientific research and development, culture. finances, morale and everything else.

2. Each turn is 2-4 months in length, you can only makes moves that can realistically be made in that time window

3. Nuclear weapons are allowed, although neither saudi arabia nor iran have nuclear capabilities at the moment

4. You must state all your battle plans

5. No moves until round 2, this round is just for acceptance.

I accept, although this is not an AOW debate, I will obide by your rules.

Two questions, however.

1. Can we use cyber warfare and chemical warfare?

2. Are alliances allowed?

Yes to both, actually all three of those will be instrumental to the scenario.

Now then, I look forward to an interesting debate, lets begin! The scenario will begin in modern times, namely April 1st, 2015, the casus belli is irrelevant.

Here are my military capabilities currently:

Population: 27,345,986
Fit-for-service: 13,967,609
Reaching Military Age Annually: 505,868
Active Military Personnel: 233,500
Active Military Reserves: 25,000
Aircraft (all types): 675
Helicopters : 182
Attack Helicopters: 18
Attack Aircraft (Fixed Wing): 236
Fighter Aircraft: 155
Trainer Aircraft: 168
Transport Aircraft: 187
Serviceable Airports: 214
Tank Strength: 1,210
AFV Strength: 5,472
SPG Strength: 524
Towed Artillery: 432
MLRS Strength: 322
Merchant Marine Strength: 72
Major Ports/Terminals: 4
Fleet Strength: 55
Frigates: 7
Corvettes: 4
Mine Warfare Craft: 3
Patrol Craft: 39
Annual Defense Budget: $56,725,000,000 (56.725 billion)
Reserves Foreign Exchange/Gold (USD): $739,500,000,000 (739.5 billion)
PPP: $925,800,000,000 (925.8 billion)
Oil Production (Barrels per day): 9.9 bbl
Proven Oil Reserves (Barrels/day): 297.9 bbl

I apologize if that was excessive, but I just wanted to be thorough.

We will say that the war begins on April 1st, 2015 and that there is no Casus belli.

April 1st, 2015: The King of Saudi Arabia issues a decree declaring war on Iran, also calling for jihad against the Shia muslim minority, millions of Sunni muslims who make up the vast majority of muslims (90%) begin a mass exodus to Saudi Arabia with great ideological fervor.

April 2nd, 2015: Saudi Arabia liquidates $500 Billion of its gold reserves to train and arm the newly imported Sunni muslim militants, it is projected that by the end of the month Saudi Arabia's military will swell to 2 million personnel.

April 3rd, 2015: We begin flying dozens of sorties a day on a massive campaign to cripple Iran's air force, due to our vastly superior air force in both numbers and technological advancement we destroy 4 of Iran's 13 airports completely in the first two days, and it is projected that we will gain air superiority by the month's end.

April 3rd, 2015: Saudi Arabia positions 140,000 ground troops on the Saudi-Iranian border that were stationed on the Yemeni border, we keep 10,000 troops on the Yemeni border to ensure that the current civil war does not spill over in to our country.

April 4th, 2015: Saudi Arabia, with the help of american consultants from the Department of Homeland Security begins crippling attacks on Iranians cyber infrastructure, causing nuclear meltdowns in its Tehran nuclear plant, its Bushehr nuclear plant and its Isafahan nuclear plant. Our cyber attacks also seriously compromise Iran's surveillance and targeting systems. Due to this cyber attacks, our 140,000 troops that are amassing near the Iranian border go nearly unnoticed due to surveillance blackouts.

April 5th, 2015: Saudi Arabia sets up a $1.2 billion lobbying group that will lobby the republican dominated congress to support its longtime ally and oil supplier in the coming war against Iran.

April 7th, 2015: Saudi Arabia upgrades its navy, purchasing 20 Los Angeles class fast attack submarines and 5 seawolf class attack submarines from the U.S defense industry. We also purchase one Gerald R. Ford class aircraft carrier and 2 destroyers. Our inventory, excluding the aircraft carrier is projected to be shipped and operable by late May (next turn).

April 12th, 2015: The Saudi Arabia foreign ministry begins lobbying the governments of Egypt, UAE, Qatar, and Pakistan for financial and military aid.

April 16th, 2015: Saudi Arabia begins dumping its vast oil reserves on the market at a ridiculously low price of $45/bbl of oil, we begin selling vast amounts of cheap oil to Iran's main buyers, including China, South Korea, Japan, India, and Turkey, severely damaging one of the most important sectors of the Iranian economy. It is projected that we can continue this tactic for up to a year or longer before our reserves dry up.

April 19th, 2015: We begin bombarding Iran with NNEMP's through cruiser missiles and bomber payloads escorted by our superior airforce. Iran's communications and electronic infrastructure are severely damaged.

April 21st, 2015: To increase ideological fervor and to move my capital further away from Iran, I issue a decree moving my capital along with my government to Mecca.

April 31st, 2015: I order 500 CAESAR 155mm Howitzer artillery pieces along with 50,000 rounds, the inventory is projected to arrive at the end of May.

I end my turn here.

My numbers:;

I will just supply the link, I am low on time.

Thanks, Saudi Arabia.

POLITICAL TIMELINE (does not include battles)

May 1st, 2015: Iran attends CSTO meeting, requesting admission into CSTO. China is hesitant at first, but Iran and Russia are great trading partners are they happily accept.

May 1st, 2015: After attending the meeting, Iran brings up Saudi Arabia and the USA in a CSTO meeting. Russia and China agreee to help, but China only agrees to helping indirectly, while Russia help directly.

May 2nd, 2015: Russia warns the USA that if they want a war they better get out of the Saudi Arabia-Iran conflict. They threaten war at the UN.

May 3th, 2015: The USA is hesistant to get out of the war. (Up to Pro whether they want a war or not)

May 5th, 2015: Firearms and other packages of food and supplies come to the Iran troops.

May 6th, 2015: China gives Iran supplies as well.

May 6th, 2015: Iran President, Gabe1e, gives a speech on live television to boost morale.

May 7th: Lebanon and Iran agree to a secret alliance. They plan to kick Saudi Arabia out of OPEC.

May 8th: Other OPEC countries agree to this. They don't like them allying with a western country.

May 8th: OPEC declares that Saudi Arabia is exiled from OPEC.

May 9th: An oil embargo takes effect in the USA, choking their economy and lowering the value of the dollar.

May 11th: Russia and China improve relations with India so they do not join the war. They donate SAMs to India and give them oil.

WAR TIMELINE (includes all war related)

May 3rd, 2015: Russia drafts 15 million troops.

May 4th, 2015: Russia places their troops mostly in East Russia to invade Alaska and the Pacific if neccesary.

May 6th, 2015: Over 5,000 Russian aircraft, 6,000 tanks, 8,000 AFVs, 3 million Russian troops go into Iran and establish a front near Ahvaz.

May 6th, 2015: 2 million Iran troops accompany them.

May 7th, 2015: Egypt and Iraq agree to invade Saudia Arabia along with Syria and Russia/Iran.

Operation Jihad (May 8th-May 9th)

May 8th, 2015: Over 7 million combied troops along with 10,000 AFVs, 7,000 tanks, and 5,500 aircraft invade Saudi Arabia.

3:24 AM: The Russian Cyberwarfare team causes blackouts throughout Saudi Arabia. All Russian + OPEC forces have night vision and infared goggles.

4:53 AM: Saudi Arabia is invaded.

7:12 AM: Blackouts stop, and Saudi Arabian forces are overwhelmed by the mass of forces from OPEC and Russia.

9:35 AM: Sakakah is taken over by OPEC/Russian forces.

10:43 AM: The Admiral Kuznetsov Russian Aircraft Carrier stays in the Arabian sea deploying Russian submarines to attack enemy forces on the coast and prevent any escape.

4:29 PM: Buraydah is taken over by Russian/OPEC forces.

May 9th, Most of Northern Saudi Arabia is taken over by Russia/OPEC forces. They have casualties, and 2 million more Russian troops along with 3,000 aircraft reinforce the OPEC/Russian remaining forces.

Mass drafting of forces in Russia:

Most men and women are being drafted for war in Russia. They also have propaganda posters to recruit members, so far they have 20 million people drafted, and they are prepped for war.

Supplies coming to Iran:

Supplies are being shipped from Russia and China, and some other CSTO members.

Most of Saudi Arabia is under anarchy and is being taken over by Russia/OPEC forces. If the USA gets involved, the war will be huge. Saudi Arabia is mostly defeated and overwhelmed by Russian troops. Reinforcements are being supplied by Russia and other OPEC countries.

Objectivity forfeited this round.

Operation Mother Russia

May 9th, 2015: Russia and OPEC forces take over about 3/4 of Saudi Arabia.

May 10th, 2015: A attack involving 6 million combined troops, 9,000 AFVs, 7,000 tanks, and 7,000 aircraft invade the area of Riyadh.

1:42 AM: Blackouts happen in Riyadh.

1:44 AM: Riyadh is invaded by two armies containing over 3 million troops, 4,500 AFVs, 3,500 tanks, and 3,500 aircraft. One from the west and east.

2:14 AM: Saudi Arabia troops are confused and overwhelmed, most surrender. (Without Pro's leadership)

5:17 AM: Riyadh is captured by Russian/OPEC forces, they hold out there.

7:18 AM: Saudi Arabia's government starts to go into Anarchy.

7:44 AM: OPEC/Russian reinforcements of about 1 million arrive to Riyadh.

May 11th, 2015: China does not supply major companies like Apple and Microsoft in the USA until they back out.

May 12th, 2015: The value of the dollar is lowering rapidly, and the economy is being choked in the USA.

May 13th, 2015: Plans to split Saudi Arabia between OPEC countries has started.

May 16th, 2015: Russian President Gabe1e announces the Saudi Arabia is fully under Russia's control.

May 18th, 2015: Apple and Microsoft sales decrease by 60%.

May 19th, 2015: USA's economy is so bad, morale lowers.

May 20th, 2015: USA has no choice but to get out of the war. They end relations. (unless Pro has another thing)

I basically won.

Objectivity forfeited this round.

Saudi Arabia has been conquered! Vote Con!

Objectivity forfeited this round.

Saudi Arabia is conquered, therefore vote Con! Iran won!
Posted by Gabe1e 1 year ago
I meant got too close to their capital, Moscow. And yes, WWII is different, more troops are drafted today than back then, I know.
Posted by Gabe1e 1 year ago
Iran and Russia are great trading partners. I think they don't want Iran to fall. China and Iran trade some, but they would be able to sustain because they are getting supplies from Iran and China.
Posted by Objectivity 1 year ago
Additionally, CSTO isn't even a collective security agreement, they cooperate on security issues but there is no binding security agreement. I'm not saying you can't use Russia but you have to justify as I am by lobbying the US government, and you can't realistically claim Russia is going to enter in to a total war stage to defend Iran where they draft all capable people, which as I said would be unrealistic anyways since they can barely sustain what they have now.
Posted by Objectivity 1 year ago
Besides I never said the USA increased the size of their military so I'm not sure why you included them.
Posted by Objectivity 1 year ago
Obviously WWII is different than 2015, and the Germans didn't get "too close", they literally invaded the USSR. Russia can barely sustain its incursion in to Ukraine that includes about 40,000 soldiers, how can you claim they could economically sustain an army of 15 million soldiers, millions of those deployed and active? The USA is the world's largest economy and in an upswing, Russia is in the midst of a huge recession.
Posted by Gabe1e 1 year ago
Really? Because in WWII they drafted about their whole population to fight when the Germans got too close. Not to mention in America they drafted 60 million and recruited 12 million in WWII, so how is it unrealistic/unsustainable?
Posted by Objectivity 1 year ago
Sorry but I take issue with most of your moves, Russia couldn't sustain a force of 15 million for starters.
Posted by Objectivity 1 year ago
Sounds good
Posted by Objectivity 1 year ago
Sounds good
Posted by Gabe1e 1 year ago
I will give you my argument tomorrow around the evening/night. Today I will be offline mostly.
Vote Placed by Dynasty2468 1 year ago
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Ff