War Scenario: United States of America vs. Islamic Republic of Iran

There are some strict rules that apply in the war scenario:
1. When you accept the debate, state your country, and state the numbers of your armed forces (aircraft, men, ships, etc.). Use this source for military numbers ONLY, as it is the most reliable:
2. Each country's turn can range from about 3 days to 45 days, so please take in consideration of how much you do in a turn, make it reasonable. (DO NOT try to win in one turn! Take into account that your opponent is also a living, thinking being that can adapt to a situation.)
3. Morale is a key factor in your armed forces' effectiveness.
4. You may produce more military forces (soldiers, ships, aircraft, tanks/humvees/cavalry), but it depends on your military budget, your country's population, and how industrialized your nation is.
5. You may choose to invade or defend.
6. The defender makes the first move.
7. The defender's primary military objective is to remove the attacker's forces from the defender's territory. The attacker's primary military objective is to annex, occupy, or destroy the other country (physically, economically, &etc). Secondary military objectives can be made by the debaters if they wish. Fulfillment of the military objectives is victory. If either side fails to fulfill their set objectives, the voters are free to reasonably determine the winner based off of who was more successful in completing their objectives.
8. If a nation's capital is destroyed/liberated, this does not necessarily mean that the war is won; the capital could be recaptured.
If one of the debaters destroys or controls the administration of the opposing country, OR if the opposing country is destroyed to the point of no administration, then that debater automatically wins the war.
9. Every aspect of the war must be realistic and must remain within the parameters established by the rules and the title. Any unrealistic action and actions deviating from the rules will cause the entire action to be void. Any further deviation after the first void action will result in a complete debate forfeiture.
10. You can have ONLY ONE WMD (Chooses WMD). If a WMD is to be used, you MUST fully describe the effects of its' use IN DETAIL. Every aspect of the WMDs effects MUST be correct and realistic.
Any unrealistic detail in the effects will cause the use of the weapon and ALL of its' effects to become void, and there will be no "restocking" of the WMD. Once you use it, you used it, whether or not the effects are void. At the beginning of the "war," you MUST specify what country you are, what WMD you will use (and describing the weapon using the below rules in the weapons' list), and you must show what the entirety of your armed forces is made of (soldier count, tanks, artillery, ships, aircraft, etc.).
Specify what your WMD is going to be. Specify ALL measurements of the WMD (yield, range, parts-per-million, altitude, longitude, latitude, etc).
You may choose ONE weapon from the following list of WMDs:
- Chemical: Maximum 15 parts-per-million. Specify chemical type. Anthrax and all nerve agents ARE allowed, but only one can be used.
- Radiological: Specify and describe the used radioactive material at the beginning of the war. MUST specify location of detonation (longitude, latitude, altitude. Also name country, province/state, and city of detonation) and the method of delivery. Only in small quantity (yet unspecified). CANNOT be directed at civilian targets.
- MOAB/FOAB: Must be used in the unconventional manner. If an MOAB/FOAB is detonated above ground and at an altitude, it has the effects of a tactical nuclear weapon (thus classifying it as a WMD) without the radiation. MUST specify location of the detonation (longitude, latitude, altitude. Also name country, province/state, and city of detonation).
11. No allies (NATO, UN, Muslim Brotherhood, or otherwise) under ANY circumstances. Annexation of other countries or agreements that allow formations of larger nations and/or direct military intervention is NOT allowed. Personnel and forces CANNOT be supplied by other nations.
You CAN have military or diplomatic agreements and/or treaties with other nations (agreements not to interfere, trade agreements & etc).
Religion is NOT a factor. No economic sanctions from any other nation, but economic warfare is allowed.
12. Cyber warfare is allowed. Electronic warfare is limited to radar/radio jamming and interception; NO EMPs.
13. The country chosen must be one of the 206 sovereign states recognized by the United Nations as of 2015. Former states such as the USSR are not accepted, nor are territory-controlling factions not officially recognized by the United Nations, such as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, currently the Islamic State), and Gaza Strip, controlled by Hamas, but recognized by the UN as a part of Palestine.
14 (Code of Conduct Part A). Appropriate conduct MUST be maintained: no insults, cursing, profanity, vulgar language or trolling. Any violation of appropriate conduct WILL BE REPORTED to DDO authorities.
15 (Code of Conduct Part B). By the second code of conduct, we must provide our war-debate victory-percentage in the beginning of such debates.
16. If you fail to follow the rules once, you will be given a warning and your actions in that round will be void. Further disobedience of ANY of these rules WILL result in an immediate loss of the debate.
17. The Instigator will have the initial advantage.
18. These debates are strictly Force versus Force; no civilian action is allowed unless Total War is declared.
19. Total War is allowed ONLY AFTER the use of WMDs.
20. All scenarios MUST be realistic; there MUST be an established reason for conflict.
21. These debates are strictly Force versus Force; no civilian action is allowed unless Total War is declared.
22. If you fail to follow the rules once, you will be given a warning and your actions in that round will be void. Further disobedience of ANY of these rules WILL result in an immediate loss of the debate.

Alright with the ground rules laid out, I will post Iran's military statistics to start off the debate.

Total Population: 80,840,713
Available Manpower: 46,247,556
Fit for Service: 39,566,497
Reaching Military Age Annually: 1,392,483
Active Front line Personnel: 545,000
Active Reserve Personnel: 1,800,000

Tanks: 1,658
Armored Fighting Vehicles (AFVs): 1,315
Self-Propelled Guns (SPGs): 320
Towed-Artillery: 2,078
Multiple-Launch Rocket Systems (MLRSs): 1,474

Total Aircraft: 471
Fighters/Interceptors: 137
Fixed-Wing Attack Aircraft: 119
Transport Aircraft: 196
Trainer Aircraft: 78
Helicopters: 123
Attack Helicopters: 12

Total Naval Strength: 397
Aircraft Carriers: 0
Frigates: 6
Destroyers: 0
Corvettes: 3
Submarines: 32
Coastal Defense Craft: 111
Mine Warfare: 7

Oil Production: 3,518,000 bbl/day
Oil Consumption: 1,900,000 bbl/day
Proven Oil Reserves: 154,600,000,000 bbl/day

Labor Force: 27,720,000
Merchant Marine Strength: 76
Major Ports and Terminals: 3
Roadway Coverage: 172,927
Railway Coverage: 8,442
Serviceable Airports: 319

Defense Budget: $6,300,000,000
External Debt: $15,640,000,000
Reserves of Foreign Exchange and Gold: $68,060,000,000
Purchasing Power Parity: $987,100,000,000

Square Land Area: 1,648,195 km
Coastline: 2,440 km
Shared Border: 5,894 km
Waterways: 850 km

My chosen WMD shall be the VX gas nerve agent.

Obviously, since I am Iran, I will be defending. That also means I will be going first. In your Round 1 argument, please state your military statistics and chosen WMD. Then in Round 2, the war will begin.

Good luck and may the best strategist win!

I would like to point out a couple of MAJOR inaccuracies in my opponent's round.

According to rule 5, I (the person who is your opponent) may choose to defend or invade, yet you say that you are defending. Under no circumstances is this allowed! This is a warning and this action of yours is noted as voided. One more breach of rules will result in your IMMEDIATE FORFEITURE.

My opponent has also plagiarised the rules that he made. The original source of these rules may be found here [1], and he has passed this off as his own work. Voters, I urge you to dock my opponent conduct points for illegally distributing intellectual property without the explicit consent of its owner.
How I find this DDO rule breach is violating rule 14, which is the Code of Conduct part A. It says that 'any violation of appropriate conduct WILL BE REPORTED to DDO authorities', and I find that plagiarism is a violation of conduct.
Voters, this is up to you to decide if this is the second rule that my opponent has broken. It is never explicitly said in the rules that we shall not plagiarise, but I think we can infer that this was meant in the evolving document that the rules are. Thank you.

As per rule 15, I have a 0% winning rate of winning war-debates, but this is only due to the fact that I have had one and have lost. My opponent has not followed this rule, so this is my second real warning to my opponent.
Rule 16 says that if you have two warnings then you automatically have an immediate loss of the debate, so voters, please note this disobedience for the rules.
I repeat to the voters, my opponent has automatically lost the debate due to lack of care to the rules he stole.

I will choose the WMD of SARIN, at 15 ppm [2].

Here are my GFP statistics [3]. (I don't want to take up too much room with this round, so please consult my link).

Opponent, you technically have the right to begin the war, but you have AUTOMATICALLY FORFEITED, so please just concede in the following rounds.

I apologize for not citing the source of the rules. I did not intentionally mean to plagiarize. I am brand new to this website and was just excited to get into a debate so I admit I kinda just skimmed through the rules before posting my argument (won't let that happen again). But as my opponent already stated, I apparently disqualified myself so I guess this debate is over. The Pro told me to start in the war but then stated that he wins anyways so if that is the case, why would I start the war? I apologize again about the rules and I will concede to Pro and wish Pro good luck in future debates.

extend arguments

Titanium_Conservative1776 forfeited this round.

Posted by tejretics 1 year ago
Will you stop spamming this debate, @RTA?
Posted by Russia_The_almighty 1 year ago
52. The instigator was crushed easier than TVOT vs Retrotoast because he had to concede.
53. This could have been over in 1 minute since I made this comment if both sides just posted 1 word by now.
54. This debate was an automatic Contender victory in round 1
55. This is not going to affect Titanium_Conservatie1776 win ratio although he lost.
56. I feel a little bad about posting all these sins.
57. Jinglebombs(bonus round)
58. Wardebator
59.Mr. Money
60. Atheist_independent
(revised)3. (what Tejretics said)
(revised)5. The Instigator lost in round 1
51. The instigator is American, but wants to fight against it in a war scenario.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
@TC1776, may this debate be a monument to all your "sins."
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
Well. That happened.
Posted by tejretics 1 year ago
No country has VX for military purposes NOW. They would have to manufacture it. Chemical Weapons Convention.
Posted by Lexus 1 year ago
@Russia, you said that they didn't lose because they just did one unrealistic thing, but that's not all they did.
Breaching more rules means they automatically forfeit and concede all rounds, I automatically win.
Agreed. If they aren't part of the AOW, or if they didn't credit us they re plagiarizing, which can get you into trouble.
Now let me state all the sins done already in this debate.(Idea gotten from cinemasins)
1. The instigator must be pro as said in the rules, but the instigator in this one is con.
2. The information isn't organized.
3. I'm not sure if Iran has VX nerve agent and if they did, not a lot I presume.
4. The Instigator chose to defend even though the contender chooses for something like that.
5. The instigator didn't really lose in round 1 since if one thing is unrealistic, then the entire round is void.
6. For the second time, Lexus is basically going to debate someone that they have broken the rules for likely the entire debate.
7. It is actually the second time in a row for Lexus.
8. The instigator is basically only doing Iran country for all their war debate.
9. The instigator stated nothing on his win/loss ratio for previous war debates.
10. The instigator is going to be crushed almost as easy as TVOT vs Retrotoast if this does become a scenario.
11. This has only been viewed 39 times atm I made this comment.
12. This war likely will only be 1-2 rounds long if it does become a scenario.
13. Con already is accused of not having appropriate conduct
14. I had to waste my time by just saying all these sins.
15-29 All of these sins have been done on one round.
1 sin for every AOW member and people involved in a war debate as far as I know since con plagiarized.
30. TVOT
31. Tejretics
32. Dynasty2468
33. Gabe1e
34. Retrotoast
35. 75rangers
36. TheRussian
37. RTA(aka me)
38. Gabe1e2 (I'm counting him)
39. Kylar
40. Conspiracy solver
41. Ulughbeg
42. Liberals
43. Douglas_Macarthur
44. Prodigy7890
45. Rayze
46. Belak
47. Redbaron3297
48. lannan13
49. waller_raz
50. alric8
Lets see how many more sins com into play.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
And you might want to credit AOW on the rules..... Otherwise it is plagiarism.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
You might want to organize the rules a little more; make them easier to read.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture