War: South Korea (Pro) vs. North Korea (Con)

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

South Korea against North Korea.

Basic map of the two countries:

1. No nukes, period.

2. No EMPs.

3. I am the new president of the South Korea, you are the president/ruler of North Korea.

4. Morale is a key factor, depending on who is satisfied with their government.

5. No allies.

I have now made it acceptable, accept!

(In a real life situation, I would want nothing more than to see North Korea defeated. In the real world, North Korea would stand little chance against a heavily American aided South Korea. But that is not the situation.)

As leader of North Korea, I officialy declare war on South Korea. My people live under a constant machine of propaganda and are brainwashed.. not only do they want to defeat you, but they have no doubt that they will be able to. But the propaganda is not necessary, lets take a brief look at the numbers.

The numbers:
Soldiers = North: 1.2 Million - South: 650,000
Tanks = North: 3,700 - South: 2,300
Armored Vehicles = North: 2,100 - South: 2,400
Artillery = North: 8,700 - South: 5,100
Guided Weapons = North: 60 - South: 30
Helicopters = North: 330 - South: 690
Personal = North: 600 - South: 670
Submarines = North: 70 - South: 10
Combat Vessels = North: 120 - South: 430
Landing Vessels = North: 260 - South: 10
Support Vessels = North: 30 - South: 20
(Air Force)
Personal = North: 11,000 - South: 6,400
Fighter Jets = North: 830 - South: 530
Special Aircraft = North: 30 - South: 70
Support Aircraft = North: 520 - South: 200

Reserve forces = North: 8.2 Million - South: 3.3 Million

As my first move I will now activate all memebers in my reserve. I have orderd 5 million reserve soldiers and 1 million active soldiers to the border for immediate reinforcement. My first move will be a scare campaighn. Once my armed forces (6 million) are at the border I will order 3,000 tanks and most vehicles to be hidden via camoflauge within 40 miles of the border, the rest will be staged at key defensive positions. With Submarines, Special Forces, and aircraft on high alert I will begin my "shock and awe" campaign. I'll be generous and say I only have 100 armed sleeper cells in the south.. each of them will be trageting a school at the same time, let's say 12:00 in the afternoon (Sorry, it's war). From 12:30-1:15 you will recieve half of the ballistic missles in my arsenal. half will carry chemical weapons and hit Seoul (Home to over 9 million) and the other half will have warheads and headed for your hospitals. I will imediatley order the airforce to patrol, making North Korea a no fly zone. Once your people have had 2-3 hours to learn of the Seoul, hospital, and School attacks I will Launch my invasion.

The rest of my missles and half my airfoce will be sent to take out military communications and radar. Immediatley following, I will order the 6 Million troops and tanks to invade your border. They are to not only kill your military, but your people as well.. taking all their resources to sustain themselves. You stand no chance to fight off the force of 6 million. This invasion will be reinfoced by 20% of my Air Force. The following day, my submarines will inforce my landing vessels. As the force of 6 million moves south I will now invade on all sides. I will pump as many soldiers as I can in over a period of 2 weeks while you are occupied fighting off the 6 million. After 2 weeks my special forces will begin to deploy on all sides supported by my airforce. While this is going on, all remaining soldiers will be defending my border while my navy continues to fight whatever is left.

I do not believe you could ever fight an offensive war with my attack. You will need to fight a defensive war. The speed of invasion will leave you overwhelmed. Your people will be horrified and feel defenseless. I will lose a lot of troops, but you will lose everything. For as long as I can, my propaganda machine will keep pumping. In terms of morale, it will not even be close. I will be hidden and well protected. Everything on TV from me will be pre-recorded. Your country will be swamped and see a loss of life never before witnessed in war. We all know I don't care what % of my troops live.

Links to sources:

Thank you, North Korea. Try to do one thing at a time... we have 5 rounds. You are trying to end the war in the first round already! By the way, you don't tell me that I defend or attack, it is up to me. Also, don't consider that I will just do something, because most of your invasion is assuming I will do something, and half of it, I won't.

I have another source for my information, so we have two different sources. I believe mine is more reliable however, considering it is all about global firepower.

The numbers (from:

Soldiers: North: 690,000 | South: 640,000

Yes, you have more soldiers.
Lets look at fit for service, however.

North: 10,066,000 | South: 21,033,000
I have more fit for service overall, so you would have more trained, but I would have more bodies to throw at you.

Aircraft strength:

North: 943 | South: 1,393

I have overall more aircraft numbers.

AFV strength:

North: 2,500 | South: 2,800

Overall more AFVs.

Towed artillery strength:

North: 3,000 | South: 5,400

The only thing you have an advantage in is tanks and navy.

Overall trained troops:

North: About 6 million | South: About 3 million

But, take heed that I have over 10 million more fit for service.

I will start recruiting immediately, adding about 20 million more to my totals. I am guessing you will too, so you will have about 16 million.

Overall total personel (trained and fit for service):

North: 16 million | South: 22 million

Map of the border:

I am guessing your 6 million troops are going to go through the tunnels. Lets take it one at a time, we have 5 rounds, don't do everything at once.. let me defend. You can't just deploy 6 million troops and say I will take 2 weeks defending them.

The first part of your invasion is the 6 million troops invading, so I will take a defensive stance. Because there are 4 tunnels, I believe you will have 1.5 million troops at each tunnel. I will place 2.5 million at each tunnel to defend. Overall, I will push your assault back, considering I have more troops in each tunnel. I will not be occupied the whole time. It will be a steady march forwards.

I have set up a map of my troops, and what they look like. Take a look (rough map, not enough space to put everything)

First off, not all North Koreans are brainwashed. And they aren't happy, you know what North Korea's average income a month is per citizen? 25-30 USD dollars. ( That's terrible. Morale will be really low.

North Korea's GDP ( $12.4 Billion | South Korea's GDP ( $1.7 Trillion

Overall, South Korea makes a BOAT load of money compared to North Korea, so I can spend a lot on troops, resources, and other military related stuff.

Our war continues, you are up.

DrizzyDrake forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeited. Arguments are extended. If he does not argue, I will continue without him even doing his battle plan.

DrizzyDrake forfeited this round.

Since my opponent has forfeited twice... he is inactive in his government and I guess is making a VERY long decision. I will take advantage of this.

Because my opponent is inactive, I will argue once more, if he forfeits, that means he automatically surrenders, and I will win the war.

As you can see, each tunnel has more men from South Korea filling each tunnel, pushing North Korean forces back steadily, and they now have taken a lot of territory considering my opponent has STILL not done any government action. Here is a map to show:

Because we have more overall manpower, the forces are falling back, and trying to escape. There is a real problem with this, which I will not allow. Our 500 aircraft will be stationary, ready to bomb the forces falling back. Here is a map:

As you can see, we plan to trap the forces. Also, I will have 100 navy ships preparing an invasion on the capital. If my opponent forfeits, he will see his capital burn around him, and he will lose.

Good luck.

DrizzyDrake forfeited this round.

Well, Pyongyang is in ashes, we have taken it over. My opponent has forfeited and has not done any action with his military after my attacks, so he surrenders in the war.

Vote me, please.

DrizzyDrake forfeited this round.
Posted by Gabe1e 1 year ago
JingleBombs, you can't possibly believe that. He forfeited literally every single round...
Posted by rich123 1 year ago
This has been a very disappointing debate
Posted by rich123 1 year ago
Also there mini subs south korea radar barely picks them up and if they do hard to tell hence all the sightings of mini subs werent by military but by civilians. Hence why a south korean ship was shot with a torpedo but no proof of who did it
Posted by rich123 1 year ago
Also anther thing with morale and defecting. That is just a very very small percentage. In the battlefield will be foolish cause if they do they will be shot and killed onsight. Also there family will become outcasts and probobly killed or they will starve or freeze to death since nobody will deql with a traitors family
Posted by DrizzyDrake 1 year ago
This war will be a blitz. Overwhelm the south, don't give them any time to gain momentum.
Posted by rich123 1 year ago
Fighter planes south korea has the advantage newer and heavier fire power but there slow as hell compared to a mig. Which is why n korea has them long range battle south korea has it in air. Short combat n korea
Posted by DrizzyDrake 1 year ago
I was getting there, I more than likely have their strategic defense plans. Pro has no answer to the attacks on hospitals and the massive chemical attack on Seoul. I was being generous saying I only had 100 sleeper cells, they are estimated to have 750-1000. The attacks on schools will destroy the morale. The news of Seoul will be apocalyptic. Hospitals will be flooded. To think I wont be able to take the border is ridiculous. I have more fighter jets and a very good air defense system.
Posted by rich123 1 year ago
Drizz you syould of thrown in cyber warfare also. N. Korea already hacked there defense news and other social and government site's. Invasion occurred best way is to do a DDOS attack against military and media. This will make it hard for the news to warn the citizens and cripple the military from making quick decisive actions to counter the invasion. This will affect them for several hours and they will have to depend on other slower resources to find out what is happening.
Posted by rich123 1 year ago
Wt the dmz line there will not be a fight they have thousands of heavy artillery. They will do a surprise attack which south korea will know of troop movements with artillery towards the dmz line. But no eyebrow will be batted since this is a before seen event. The dmz line will not be hours of fighting it will be done fairly quickly. Also it is called a surprise atttack dude so there wont be enough time to cover the tunnels with all thise troops. In the first 2 or 3 hours seoul to the dmz will be obliterated. That is a fact. That was what is to be expected. Most of the Koreans know this, just th3 no fear factor is because they have allies in korea, japan, guam, singapore, and other nearby countries to aid them. Take that away and it is grim. Especially if a counter attack on north korea is even more difficult with all the SAMS in that. Country
Posted by Gabe1e 1 year ago
You literally tried to do everything in one round.. can you calm down? You really don't know how to do a war debate...You just did EVERYTHING without me even doing one thing, expecting me to just stand by and LET you.
Vote Placed by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture by Con. More convincing arguments (and strategy) from Pro.
Vote Placed by Jingle_Bombs 1 year ago
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Con launches a devastating attack to destroy South Korea in the very first round, and then Pro argues this is unfair because he can't defend! Even with the FF, Con has demonstrated that he is the superior general.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by LDPOFODebATeR0328 1 year ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Nice job, Pro!