War game Scenario: Russia(pro) versus The United States of America(Con)
If you are a member of the Art of War (AOW) debate group [created by @The-Voice-of-Truth], then you must vote on this debate. If you are a member of AOW and accept this debate, then state your win/loss ratio.
If you are interested in joining AOW, message @TheRussian or @The-Voice-of-Truth. The primary prerequisite to join this group is: you have to have participated in AT LEAST ONE war debate. If you are a member of AOW, you must vote on other members' war debates unless a valid reason is given. You can challenge other members to debates related to war game scenarios.
There is a Moderator who will ensure that this debate follows the below rules. For this debate, the Moderator is (insert member name).
There are some strict rules that apply. Voters must penalize any violation of the rules.
1. When you accept the debate, state your country, and state the numbers of your armed forces (aircraft, men, ships, etc.). Use this source for military numbers ONLY, as it is the most reliable: http://www.globalfirepower.com......;
2. Each country's turn can range from about 3 days to 60 days long, so all actions must be in accordance with this time period. (DO NOT try to win in one turn! Take into account that your opponent is also a living, thinking being that can adapt to a situation.)
3. Morale is a key factor in your armed forces' effectiveness.
4. You may produce more military forces (soldiers, ships, aircraft, tanks/humvees/cavalry), but it depends on your military budget, your country's population, and how industrialized your nation is.
5. You may choose to invade or defend.
6. The defender makes the first move.
7. The defender's primary military objective is to remove the attacker's forces from the defender's territory. The attacker's primary military objective is to annex the other country, or destroy it (physically, economically, etc). Secondary military objectives can be made by the debaters if they wish. Fulfillment of the military objectives is victory. If either side fails to fulfill their set objectives, the voters are free to reasonably determine the winner based off of who was more successful in completing their objectives.
8. If a nation's capital is destroyed/liberated, this does not necessarily mean that the war is won; the capital could be recaptured. If one of the debaters destroys or controls the administration of the opposing country, OR if the opposing country is destroyed to the point of no administration, then that debater is immediately guaranteed a 7-point victory.
9. Every aspect of the war must be realistic and must remain within the parameters established by the rules and the title. Any unrealistic action and actions deviating from the rules will cause the entire action to be void. Any further deviation after the first void action will result in a complete debate forfeiture.
10. Weapons of mass destruction are NOT allowed. A WMD is defined as:
-Radiological weapon or a radiological dispersion device: any weapon designed to spread radioactive material
-Nuclear or Thermonuclear weapon: an explosive device that derives its destructive force from nuclear reactions
-Chemical weapon: a device that inflicts chemicals designed to harm or kill humans/animals
-Biological weapon: the use of biological toxins or infectious organisms to inflict damage.
Non-conventional detonation of conventional weapons IS allowed.
11. No allies (NATO, UN, Muslim Brotherhood, or otherwise) under ANY circumstances. Annexation of other countries or agreements that allow formations of larger nations and/or direct military intervention is NOT allowed. Personnel and forces CANNOT be supplied by other nations.
You CAN have military or diplomatic agreements and/or treaties with other nations (agreements not to interfere etc). Radical groups, militant organizations, paramilitary factions et cetera are NOT allowed.
Religion is NOT a factor. No economic sanctions from any other nation, but economic warfare is allowed.
You cannot increase your country"s population, nor can you use ANY method to allow the involvement of other countries other than what is specified. You cannot receive donations or economic support from private agencies.
12. Cyberwarfare is allowed. Electronic warfare is limited to radar/radio jamming and interception; NO EMPs.
13. The country chosen as my opponent requested is the US of A.
14. Appropriate conduct MUST be maintained: no insults, cursing, profanity, vulgar language or trolling. Any violation of appropriate conduct WILL BE REPORTED to DDO authorities.
15. If you fail to follow the rules once, you will be given a warning and your actions in that round will be void. Further disobedience of ANY of these rules WILL result in an immediate loss of the debate.
16. The Instigator is Pro.
17. These debates are strictly Force versus Force; no civilian action is allowed unless Total War is declared.
18. TOTAL WAR can be declared only as an absolute last resort. Total war is defined as the complete mobilization of all available manpower of the country. In a state of total war, every able citizen either joins the military personnel or the military labor workforce.
19. All scenarios MUST be realistic; there MUST be an established reason for conflict.
20. We may either follow the date-time storyline format, or state the events that occur directly as realistically possible in a period of 45 days.
21. This is a Category 2 AOW debate. A category 2 debate DO NOT allow the usage of WMDs. Category 1 debates allow WMDs
Total Population: 320,202,220
Total Aircraft: 13,892
Total Naval Strength: 473
Oil Production: 7,441,200 bbl/day
Labor Force: 155,400,000
FINANCIAL (in USD)
Defense Budget: $577,100,000,000
GEOGRAPHY (in km)
Square Land Area: 9,826,675 km
Zis vill be vun. I hope my opponent knowz zat Russia won't go down eazy.
Now ze numberz.
Total population: 142,470,272
Available population: 69,117,271
FIt for service: 46,812,553
Reaching age Anually:1,354,202
Active Frontline Personal: 766,055
Active Reserve Personal: 2,485,000
Towed Artillery: 4,625
Total Airpower: 3,429
Fixed Wing Attack Aircraft:1,305
Trainer Aircraft: 346
Total Naval Strength: 352
Aircraft Cariers: 1
Coastal Defense Craft: 65
Oil Production: 10,580,000 bbl/day
Oil Consuption: 3,200,000 bbl/day
Proven Oil Reserves: 80,000,000,000 bbl/day
Labor Force: 75,290,000
Merchant Marines Strength: 1,143
Major Ports ang Terminals: 7
Roadway Converge: 982,000
Railway Converge: 87,157
Servicable Airports: 1,218
Defense Budget: $60,400,000,000
External Debt: $714,200,000,000
Reserves of Foreign Exchange and Gold: $515,600,000,000
Purchasing Power Parity: 2,553,000,000,000
Square Land Area: 17,098,242 km
Coastline: 37,653 km
Shared Border: 22,407 km
Waterways: 102,000 km
Let ze war begin.
Cue epic music!
April 20 Russians have made energy deals with countries selling their oil at very low prices along with no longer supporting pro Russian rebels in Ukraine along with returning Crimea(although most of them left for Russia) . In return their sanctions are removed. America was reluctant though.
April 22 President Almighty(me) went to a NATO meeting hoping to make allies and show they are not a terrible nation. President Almighty was about to sign a document that would make them allies until the president of Russia dropped his pen. If he hadn't reached down for it he would be dead because just as he leaned over a bullet fired that just grazed his ear. Immediately after the shot 3 Russian guards protected their president with their own body. NATO guards rush to capture the sniper, but he/she pulled a grenade and consumes it before exploding. No one knows if that was an attack from America, another NATO country or some random guy.
April 23 President Almighty demands NATO finds the assailant. Until then oil prices are sold still undervalue, but more than before the deal. NATO has no reason to place the sanctions again so they decide to find how this attempted assassination was done. America takes no action to find who did the attempted assassination angering Russia.
April 30 Russia decides the Sea of Okhotsk fleet is not strong enough. They decide to do partial improvements to it. America calls this aggressive.
May 1 Russia and China make this agreement in case war springs up. China will not allow America to allow troops to invade in case this springs into war. In return Russia will trade oil less expensively with China. With Russia being the largest oil producer they have plenty of oil.
May 4 America cuts off all trade to Russia. This shocks the world with Russia trying to be good. A pamphlet in Paris is handed out called the possible road to World War 3. Russo-American tensions are at its lowest point since the end of the Cold War.
May 10 An American merchant ship going from Alaska to Japan is hit by a Russian. Russia apologizes saying the weapon's system malfunctioned. America passes the Quit-Russia act which deports Russian who have not lived in the US for more than a year. Any who refuse are executed. Any Russian product in America made after May 9 is to be destroyed. American companies can no longer do business with Russia. Russo-American tensions have now risen to being as high as after the Cuban missile crisis(idea from this war debate http://www.debate.org...).
May 17 If tensions weren't already high they rose again. Russian immigrants in America protesting the Quit-Russia act are deported even if they were their for longer than a year. The 2.9 million Russians in the US ha already dropped to 2.8 in the first week with all the deportations and that number is expected to drop farther.Many Americans pressure Congress to declare war.
May 20 After 2 police officers trying to arrest a Russian are killed by a shady man America declares war. https://www.youtube.com... Immediately French people beg not to get involved in this. The French government with that pressure declare neutrality. Other NATO countries soon follow. Russia responds with it's own declaration of war. The main threat vectors are shown below. V1 being highest V4 being lowest. My opponent will act as if he knows nothing.
V1 Bearing Sea and Chukchi Sea
V2 Sea of Okhotsk
V3 Baltic Sea
V4 Black Sea and Barents Sea(only because sea ice hinders ships even maybe at this time of year)
All ships in the Russian Navy that are not already located at these threat vectors are to be moved there. Kaliningrad being more of a position for the Russian military defend has most of its population evacuated or if they want, to join the Russian army. The people there are evacuated with about 5,000 of thee citizens there joining the army for forcing their families to move for there safety. Any American satellites in range are shot down by ASATs especially in Alaska. Starting May 21 Russia places many mine ships to guard the Russian Bearing Sea Fleet and the Sea of Okhotsk fleet. It goes from the Bearing Sea and raps along to Sakhalin Island. They know America will eventually break through the massive minefield , but It will at least slow them down a few months. To help slow the removal of mines the place cheap anti mines while cheap can hinder the ability to remove the mines. Even if America tries to send in mine ships to remove the mines, many Russian ballistic missiles are poised to strike them. Russian S-500s are placed towards the Black sea and the Baltic Sea will help defend against the superior any American aircraft. The advanced Sukhoi types are being mass produced along with Russian T-90 Tagil tanks. The Black Sea fleet is improved and up to a certain point the countries allow mines to be placed. The Baltic fleet is mainly either defending Kalinigrad or St. Petersburg once again underwater mines are placed to slow advance along with S-500s to shoot down American Aircraft. The Barents sea is basically whatever mines left over. This mine placement is expected to be done by July 4 (irony alarm)
May 22 Russia plans a massive cyber attack on America to cripple morale and mobilization. It is known as Operation lights out. They know that while America has some of the best cyber warfare capabilities, Russia is just as good, if not better. It hit America once and it will hit again. The STUXNET!!!!!!! The notorious virus took America over a year to remove. This means it will take America just as long to fix its cyberspace. Russian hackers begin working to pierce cyber defense and ultimately American cyberspace. They expect it will take a month while it would take America from the the day the declared war to pierce Russian cyber defenses. Just as a precaution Russian cyber defenses are improved.
May 30 A few countries feel threatened by the fleet improvement by Russia. To calm them they either recieve oil or a few million. The Russian fleets along with anti-air weapon systems and SAMs, around several hundred aircraft accompany each fleet. Anything that is obsolete is sold. The money goes towards mass producing The Sukhois and t-90 tagils. The population of Russians in the USA is now at 2.4 million with deports and many fleeing the country. Since the American population is Russia is very minuscule, they make sure none of the few are spies. Russia is expecting to get through American cyber defenses within next week. Once accomplished the Stuxnet will CRIPPLE American mobilization, cyberspace, power grid. etc.
Douglas_MacArthur forfeited this round.
I'll just do a summary of my moves.
Russia breaks through American cyber defenses. All American satellites are now under Russian control and brought into range to be shot down by ASATs. Along with that, The Stuxnet comes in with a massive host of powerful trojans with it. The power grid is shut down causing the largest blackout in history. Radar and communications are jammed. Russian sabatoures manage to destroy 10 airports. Russia send in the Russian Sea of Okhotsk fleet along with the Bearing and Chucki sea fleet to attack the Pacific fleet of America. They start in Alaska supported by aircraft. With the cyber attack and radar jammed, they don't stand much of a chance. Russia makes an agreement with Bahamas for 50 million to station aircraft there. with no radar and being crippled by a cyber attack 100 Russian planes do a swift strike on Washington. Many government officials are killed. They later are able to attack the fleet at Hawaii they don't suffer many losses as compared to the Americans. The east coast of America is put under a blockade in what is known as the siege of America. However they don't invade, they just slow any possible advance. A minefield is placed making all ships going to or from California are stopped or destroyed. The Russian navy goes back to the the threat vectors although some decide to reinforce the Black sea and the Baltic sea. Sorry for the lack of details, I am on a bit of a time crunch.
Douglas_MacArthur forfeited this round.
Douglas_MacArthur forfeited this round.
Douglas_MacArthur forfeited this round.
|Who won the debate:||-|
|Who won the debate:||-|