ej3467273
Dylan_Ingle

War in Iraq

ej3467273

ej3467273

Con

Hello, this debate will be on U.S invasion and occupation of Iraq. First round will be acceptance last three rounds will be arguments and rebuttals. I will be arguing that we shouldn't have invaded Iraq.
Dylan_Ingle

Pro

I accept your debate and will be taking the side of War.

Dylan Ingle
US Marine Corps
ej3467273

Con

Thank you for accepting and thank you for your service.

First I would like to say that the original premise of the invasion of Iraq were on thin ice to start. The original premise was because the Iraqi government under Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. These were later proven to be mostly false. There were still remnants of the program of course, but none were active. There is also no evidence that he supported Al-Qaeda.

There is also the cost of the war. Over a trillion dollars went into the war, (combined with Afghanistan), and that almost six thousand Americans, military forces and contractors, had been killed. Not to mention that at least a hundred thousand Iraqis had been killed, and that the country is even more unstable than it was under Saddam Hussein. Not saying Hussein was a good guy, its that the country is in grips, sectarian violence even more prominent now.

That's all the time I have and I await your response.
Dylan_Ingle

Pro

Dylan_Ingle forfeited this round.
ej3467273

Con

I shall await my opponents response.
Dylan_Ingle

Pro

Dylan_Ingle forfeited this round.
ej3467273

Con

ej3467273 forfeited this round.
Dylan_Ingle

Pro

Dylan_Ingle forfeited this round.
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
Thisisbob and that's absolute BS and you know it. Unless the plan was to ensure 70% of Iraqi oil went to china, then I don't think the war was over oil. You braindead liberal hippies love to spout your bandwagon BS propaganda about oil and 9/11 conspiracies which have 0 actual fact or proof behind them but when you get right down to it and look at the numbers you find the truth. Numbers do not lie. Numbers can not lie. Please try and disprove that.
Posted by thisisbob 3 years ago
thisisbob
This is a no brainier. WE shouldn't have. There was nothing there, America was just greeady and mad because of one word. Oil.
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
I want to take this but I'm already in two other debates and don't want to spread myself to much.
Posted by Oromagi 3 years ago
Oromagi
"We shouldn't have invaded" infers that all DDO participants are American, Brits. Also, there has been more than one invasion of Iraq in its short history. Are you talking about the 2003 invasion?
Posted by Oromagi 3 years ago
Oromagi
Posted by Oromagi 3 years ago
Oromagi
Vote Placed by STALIN 2 years ago
STALIN
ej3467273Dylan_IngleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Clearly Con wins this. Pro FF and Con provided more arguments.
Vote Placed by TheGhostOfFreedom 3 years ago
TheGhostOfFreedom
ej3467273Dylan_IngleTied
Reasons for voting decision: No arguments for Pro were made.