AlwaysMoreThanYou
tuppz7892

Warning from Space is the best article on Wikipedia

AlwaysMoreThanYou

AlwaysMoreThanYou

Pro

Resolved: Warning from Space is the best article on Wikipedia [1]

This debate is dedicated to Nur-Ab-Sal [2].

1. http://en.wikipedia.org...
2. http://www.debate.org...;
tuppz7892

Con

the fact is that this debate is too vague but i decided to choes this one for my first debate the definition of the "best" means it surpasses all others in a certain "group" so for you to say its the best your over exaggerating. it may be the best in a deffrent catorgory but not in the word stated

http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

AlwaysMoreThanYou

Pro

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate and for proposing his definition of 'best' which appears to be along the lines of 'most excellent of a particular group, category, etc'. I will be affirming that 'Warning from Space' is, without a doubt, the best article on Wikipedia.

Without further ado about nothing, I shall present my contentions.

Contention One: The article is exceptionally effective in conveying information

One need do little more than open the article before one is tolerably bombarded with critical information. Right off the bat, a reader learns that there are multiple names for the film addressed in the article, a vital fact to have knowledge of. The film itself is fairly obscure, and for that reason presented data must be exceptionally accurate while easily comprehensible. Fortunately, that is the case. Out of a random survey, 100% of people agreed that they knew more about the movie after reading the article than they had before they read the article. In fact, out of the population surveyed, 100% scored perfectly on a quick quiz designed by a biased first party to test knowledge on the film [1].

While this evidence is primarily anecdotal, after having read the article, I went on to earn a Ph.D in Warning from Space, plagiarizing the Wikipedia article as my doctoral dissertation. Clearly, it must be a pretty top-notch article to withstand all the academic criticism from the best minds in Warning from Space.

Contention Two: The article provides the ideal number of sources

Recent research suggests that the ideal number of references for a Wikipedia article to have is 28, which just so happens to be the exact number that the article Warning from Space has. In addition, the research 'team' (if you can call one person a team) concluded that the ideal number of external links to have is three, which also coincidentially happens to be the exact number that Warning from Space has [2]. Clearly, that shows Warning from Space has the ideal number of sources and external links. The ideal number is also the best number. If the article has the best number, it is the best article.

Contention Three: The article was written by the greatest author who ever lived

According to an authoratative source, which for a change isn't me, the article was written 'by the greatest author who ever lived.' [3]. It stands to reason that the greatest author would write the greatest article, and since the greatest author wrote Warning from Space, Warning from Space is the greatest article.

I have given many reasons to believe that Warning from Space is the best article on Wikipedia. Thank you.

1. Alwaysmorethanyou Institute for Self-Surveying and Self-Testing
2. Alwaysmorethanyou Institute for Research
3. http://www.debate.org...;
tuppz7892

Con

tuppz7892 forfeited this round.
AlwaysMoreThanYou

Pro

I'm not terribly surprised my opponent has forfeited, given that his burden was to refute my irrefutable arguments.

For now, extend all arguments.
tuppz7892

Con

tuppz7892 forfeited this round.
AlwaysMoreThanYou

Pro

Come at me you noob.
tuppz7892

Con

tuppz7892 forfeited this round.
Posted by anonynomous 4 years ago
anonynomous
haha great arguement pro can't fault your logic
Posted by Nur-Ab-Sal 4 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
Pro has legitimately demolished this debate.
Posted by Nur-Ab-Sal 4 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
:There are millions of articles on Wikipedia guys.

Oh.

:How is one about some old sci-fi movie going to win?

It was written by the greatest author who ever lived.
Posted by mananlak 4 years ago
mananlak
There are millions of articles on Wikipedia guys.
How is one about some old sci-fi movie going to win?
Posted by Maikuru 4 years ago
Maikuru
I don't understand. How can something be the "best" article?
Posted by Nur-Ab-Sal 4 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
Pro won.
Vote Placed by Nur-Ab-Sal 4 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
AlwaysMoreThanYoutuppz7892Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate was a warning from space not to contest the magnificence of this article.