ournamestoolong
burningpuppies101

Warren Central High School has the best speech team in Indiana

ournamestoolong

Pro

I will allow my opponent to start
burningpuppies101

Con

Thank you to my opponent for this debate.

The resolution is: Warren Central High School has the best speech team in Indiana.

My opponents job is to affirm this, and my job is to negate the topic.

One important point that I must make is that my opponent has the burden of proving that Warren Central High School has the best speech team in Indiana. If he does not successfully achieve this burden, then we default to my side.

I believe that Metz put it best when he said; no it isn't. http://www.nflonline.org...

The facts speak for themselves.
ournamestoolong

Pro

"My opponents job is to affirm this, and my job is to negate the topic."

Yes I have to, and I will give the facts. Warren Central (from now on I will refer to them as WC) has won the sectionals for 8 years in a row (2000-2008) and has won the IHSFA state championship in 2007-2008 year. In 2005-2006 WC won the IHSFA AAA state championship as well as the grand championship.
Now with all these honors, it is hard to doubt that WC is not the best.

"I believe that Metz put it best when he said; no it isn't. http://www.nflonline.org...;

This system is unequal, as original speeches are worth more than interpretations.(http://en.wikipedia.org...)

I await my opponents response.

I await my opponents response
burningpuppies101

Con

I drop all my opponents arguments. Ok, so WC has done great at sectionals, and has won state championships.

However, WC is not the best in the NFL. My opponents refutation is that the system is unequal, and therefore we should not accept it. But the problem with that is that he is trying to do away with the evidence that shows WC not to be the best. WC is obviously not the best in the NFL, and that alone is enough to win me this debate.

My opponent, in trying to affirm that WC is the best, must affirm that WC is the best in all aspects of speech. That implication comes with the topic. But my opponent has tried to ignore the fact that WC is not the best in the NFL. That one incidence of not being the best is enough to negate the topic.

Also, by submitting to the NFL, you agree to abide by the system. You accepted it, so its not the NFL's fault if you think they are unequal.

I await my opponents resposne.
ournamestoolong

Pro

"However, WC is not the best in the NFL. My opponents refutation is that the system is unequal, and therefore we should not accept it. But the problem with that is that he is trying to do away with the evidence that shows WC not to be the best. WC is obviously not the best in the NFL, and that alone is enough to win me this debate."

This debate is on the resolution that WC is the best in Indiana, not in the NFL. That would mean they would be the best in the IHSFA, and because they won the state championship, they are. In the NFL it is also possible for a team with more speech meets, such as out of state ones, can easily get ahead.

"My opponent, in trying to affirm that WC is the best, must affirm that WC is the best in all aspects of speech. That implication comes with the topic. But my opponent has tried to ignore the fact that WC is not the best in the NFL. That one incidence of not being the best is enough to negate the topic."

We are not talking about the NFL, rather, in Indiana, we would be talking about the IHSFA.

"Also, by submitting to the NFL, you agree to abide by the system. You accepted it, so its not the NFL's fault if you think they are unequal."

The resolution was not that they were the best by NFL standards.

I await my opponents response
burningpuppies101

Con

Ok, so this debate has shifted its focus to WC being the best in Indiana by the state championship standards vs WC being the best on NFL standards. My opponent has decided to say that the NFL has no bearing on whether or not WC is the best speech team in Indiana. He argues that the IHSFA is the only competition that matters, since the NFL system is unfair, and how a team with more speech meets can get ahead.

But it doesn't matter. WC is part of the NFL. WC has submitted to the NFL. WC debates in the NFL. It doesn't matter that the NFL is part of a national network. In all the schools in Indiana, WC is not the best in the NFL. We can't just ignore the NFL because its a national network. It doesn't matter if its unfair. You decided to be a part of it. It also doesn't matter that teams who go to more meets can get ahead. When you join the NFL, you agree to that. My opponent refutes this by saying that the resolution doesn't say by NFL standards. But my opponent offers no justification. The fact of the matter is, if WC were to be the best speech team in Indiana, they would have to be the best in everything they do. That is the definition of best. If they are not the best by NFL standards, then they aren't the best.

Here's my logic in a simple chain of logic.

The best speech team in Indiana is the best in all aspects of speech. JUSTIFICATION: The meaning of best.
If WC is the best speech team in Indiana, then it is the best in all aspects of the speech. JUSTIFICATION: Simple claim my opponent must protect.
WC is not the best in the NFL. JUSTIFICATION: Fact
The NFL is an aspect of speech competition. JUSTIFICATION: Fact
Therefore, WC is not the best speech team in Indiana, since they are not the best in the NFL. CONCLUSION.

Thanks for the debate.

I await the voters.
Posted by ournamestoolong 8 years ago
ournamestoolong
That would seem to be the case.
Posted by burningpuppies101 8 years ago
burningpuppies101
ournames: it could be that vote bombers just don't like me. I've been bombed in just about all my debates, except for the locked ones.
Posted by ournamestoolong 8 years ago
ournamestoolong
Why do my opponents keep getting bombed.
WHY?!?!?!?!?!
Posted by JustCallMeTarzan 8 years ago
JustCallMeTarzan
This is terribly false - Warren wins because they have a HUGE team.

They also have a penguin that can only be described as spuriously infantile.

Furthermore, I used to destroy WC kids in HI, OP, SD, and MD... Warren writ large sucks.
Posted by ournamestoolong 8 years ago
ournamestoolong
The NFL speech points aren't a great system, also.
Posted by ournamestoolong 8 years ago
ournamestoolong
They have won speech in 2007 and recently won the important meet, plymouth.
Posted by Metz 8 years ago
Metz
No it isn't....

http://www.nflonline.org...

The facts don't lie
Vote Placed by KRFournier 8 years ago
KRFournier
ournamestoolongburningpuppies101Tied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
ournamestoolongburningpuppies101Tied
Vote Placed by burningpuppies101 8 years ago
burningpuppies101
ournamestoolongburningpuppies101Tied
Vote Placed by sdcharger 8 years ago
sdcharger
ournamestoolongburningpuppies101Tied
Vote Placed by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
ournamestoolongburningpuppies101Tied