katiebads
JustinAMoffatt

Wars Don't Solve Anything

JustinAMoffatt

katiebads

Pro

Do you have a loved one in a war right now? Tell me, Do you know if they'll be coming home soon? Or if they'll even return at all? What is the point of war. The point of war is to defeat the enemy, (who really isn't an enemy) and make them live the way we want them to. War just basically takes our families drops them in a dangerous course and tells them to kill and try not to die. We have lost over millions of loved ones in the course of time and countless dollars have been spent on missiles, guns, armor, e.t.c. Wars are meant to spread peace but how does that work when you have a million intimidating men in front of you pointing guns ready to fire. People risk their lives for what? To catch a possible terrorist. No that's wrong. I believe wars should end.
JustinAMoffatt

Con

Hi. I'm Justin. I look forward to a great debate round. While I believe that your personal convictions are admirable, I am going to be arguing from the Negative side. I will be stating that wars do, in fact, solve issues in our world.

Basically, my reasoning is this. War is an ugly thing. Anyone who tells you otherwise should is either mentally ill, attempting to cause trouble, or just stupid. I have had known those who died in wars. I know those who are fighting. My family has quite a few military members inside of it. I have friends in the military. If I could, I'd stop any wars from happening ever again... provided that the causes for the right ones went away with them.

That's the issue. There is such a thing as "evil" in our world. Evil has reared its ugly head in notable figures throughout history, such as Nero, Hitler, Hussein, and even now with Kim Jong. These men, and those of their kind, are solely responsible for any just war. Corrupt men in power are the worst kind. It's men with unchecked power and unchecked greed that destroy people, nations, and even civilizations. With the recent war on Terror, President George W. Bush declared war on all terrorist groups in 2001, after the attack by suicide pilots on American soil. Now, regardless of your feelings about Bush, this action was taken in response to an attack. In our U.S. Constitution, it is written that all people have the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. When a person or organization threatens those rights of another person, we must act.

That is why those who fight for the just cause, the right cause, are the heroes. The ones who do not want to go to war. The ones who flinch and sicken at the sight of death. But they fight anyway, because someone needs them. That is why there is war. Are there unjust wars as well? Yes. Some say our invasion of Iraq was a cover to secure oil. However, there is no denying that the war on terrorism AS A WHOLE is justified. Maybe you're not threatened, but a human being out there is being threatened, many are killed, they're living in fear. Does this sound like life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness?

It doesn't to me.

I would like to end this round, and each of the consequential rounds with a salute to our U.S. troops, and all others out there, who are fighting to protect the innocent. I look forward to the day where your sacrifice is no longer needed, and I hope it will be remembered long after that day.

katiebads

Pro

katiebads forfeited this round.
JustinAMoffatt

Con

Nothing else to add here. I will forgive my opponent for this round if she responds in the next.
katiebads

Pro

katiebads forfeited this round.
JustinAMoffatt

Con

Forfeits suck.
Posted by Jegory 4 years ago
Jegory
The loss of life in war is horrific, but wars do achieve lots. What would have happened of we'd let Hitler take over the World? What would have happened if we let any country that posed a threat take over and make us live the way THEY want us to? Death is a horrible part of war, but what is more important; that they live a long and happy life or that they die for a worthy cause, defending the country and the people they love?
Vote Placed by gordonjames 4 years ago
gordonjames
katiebadsJustinAMoffattTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by GOP 4 years ago
GOP
katiebadsJustinAMoffattTied
Reasons for voting decision: F.F
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
katiebadsJustinAMoffattTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by TheHitchslap 4 years ago
TheHitchslap
katiebadsJustinAMoffattTied